Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Flaky Hair

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had this problem for a while now. Let's say somewhere between 1 and 2 years. From observations, it might disappear during summer.

My problem is that I get flaky not only hair, but so is my beard and eyebrows. Who knows, it might transfer from my hair, but it's annoying. It's not major in the sense that people notice it on my shoulders or my beard is white. However, if I were to brush my eyebrows or hair right now, it would result in a snowstorm.

I use shampoo irregularly, some head n shoudlers with anti dandruff. Like 1-3 times a week.

I've tried some proper anti-dandruff stuff a few times, but never did so consistently.

I use wax currently, but the dandruff seems to be independent from it.

I shower every day, recently started cold showers.

Any tips?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Cold showers are great. I highly recommend them, but they tend to be very short for obvious reasons. So make sure you rinse adequately after washing your hair.

The only thing that stopped my flaking was cutting my hair short. Since I buzzed it, I have no flaking. Maybe it's easier for the dandruff shampoo to get to my scalp?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had that problem back in my teen and it wasnt properly connected to my hygiene but mostly about my diet and mind.

I cant tell you for sure but after I got rid of stress (and the wanking that came to release it), the problem sensibly decreased, I also quitted eating junk food in a box like refined choccolates and candies while at the same time drinking more.

Actually the lack of proper hydration is a reason for skin to have such reaction as much as lack of zinc.

I would suggest you a different approach, avoid stress and wanking while improving your diet and water intake.

If you find yourself having such habits that could be the reason.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for nice responses and applicable advice.

I think I'm the least stressful person I know, but I did read that dandruff might be related to stress. It might be a point though, as it's only during school months that I get it (I think). Perhaps it's just me waking up really early and such.

I am on a no fap challenge, so that will just be another motivator, thank you.

I am very familiar with eating much & proper and I'm getting increasingly more hydrated, so hopefully we might see some results from that. I also take multi-vitamins, so I assume that'll provide just about enough zinc.

- Any foods good for zinc and what are the downsides to having, say 15-25mg zinc per day long term?

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop with the anti dandruff shampoo for awhile.

Get a bag of dried thyme. Boil it in a pot of water for 5-10 minutes. Strain mixture thru a fine sieve and save the water. Allow the water to cool off but use it while it is still warm. Soak your hair and scalp with the thyme-water and do not rinse. Massage your scalp while wet. Allow your hair to dry and do not wash for 12-24 hours.

This REALLY works well. I get dandruff at certain times of the year too and I have tried everything. This works!

Try to do it on an evening when you aren't going to see many people otherwise you may get called pizzahead. :)

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tea tree oil. It's an anti fungal. Dandruff is caused by fungus and your body's inability to fight it.

You can also use this stuff: Nizoral.

It's listed under a few names. It works. Use regularly after your regular shampoo (make sure the shampoo doesn't have any silicone or other crap that can gum up your pores in your skin). Rinse off, apply and lather up and let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes then wash off.

Dandruff can also be caused by crappy shampoo and aggressive chemicals. Look at more gentle shampoos like for babies and for sensitive skin. They are less of a chemical soup and kinder to the skin.

If this doesn't work, the problem is internal probably with diet. Either way, better (read the ingredients not the price tag) shampoo wouldn't hurt and it makes you hair look nicer.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get flaking on my chin and nearly every day I have to rub the skin off in the shower. Doing this keeps it under control but the two doctors I've asked about it couldn't give me an answer. One suggested a cutting some of my chin off for a biopsy (fvck that) and the other prescribed some kind of ointment which didn't work.
I thought maybe it's psoriasis. Maybe that's what you've got, OP?