Flaked...

ManUnited01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Organised a date with this girl, she was working as a swim teacher all day but was available at night. During the day, she texts me saying she had to take the swim club programme that night but offered another day. We agreed the following Sunday and I said I'd get in touch later. Although she counter-offered, I'm still unsure how to handle this situation, especially if she flakes out again this Sunday. Her excuse seems reasonable but still, I'm a busy guy and HATE it when plans get screwed up.

How should I handle this lads?

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She didn't necessarily flake, she had a commitment to the swim team. She seems like a decent girl since she:

a) texted you to let you know
b) counter offer: this is the key which shows she still has interest.

If I were in your shoes I would have told her I was busy Sunday, so you don't seem too available to her but suggested a different day. If I were you I'd call her in a day or two and tell her you can't make it Sunday but you could do it on (whatever day you choose.) If she's interested enough, she'll make it, if not don't waste your time.

PIMP

ManUnited01

Don Juan
Reaction score
She counter-offered for Thursday night but I have soccer training, she then asked if we could get together after training but I wouldn't be free then after either, I then offered the Sunday and she said she was free. Then told her I'd contact her later to sort it out.

Otherwise, I've been a Challenge (only made contact every 5 days or so, acted aloof). I'm naturally busy anyway but I'll keep this up and see how goes.

Sam Gold

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was going to write up a spiel about flaking and blah blah.

Time is valuable. Billionaires, bums, elderly citizens and children all share one thing in common and that is TIME. Money can not buy back lost TIME. You said your a busy guy and I take it your legitmately busy.

My advice: GO AND TALK TO OTHER WOMEN/LADIES/GIRLS, and arrange some kind of gathering,meeting, whatever. The important thing is have other girls occupy your head.