Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Flake, now what?

the_professional

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so about a month ago, met a very attractive and fun girl at a party. Went to the same high school, and actually go to the same university. However, we never talked before that party.

After that weekend, I casually mentioned via e-mail that we should hang out the upcoming semester. She was responsive, and gave me her number. Last week we agreed to meet for coffee. Not really a date in my mind, just more of a get to know her and see what happens.

However, today rolls around, the day we are supposed to meet up. Basically, long story short, she flakes. Texts me at the last minute and says she just woke up, was taking a nap. Whatever, seemed legit in the sense that she was very apologetic, and seemed upset about it.

I shrugged it off, b/c I don't have anything invested in her. However, she is really hot, and seems to be very cool from my limited interactions with her. My question is, do I just leave the ball in her court now? Let her make new plans, and if she doesn't, just let it go? Or should I reach out one more time and take the initiative for a final try?

I'm thinking leave the ball in her court, but was curious if anyone thinks otherwise. Thanks fellas.

naSTIboost

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should take the initiative and try to set up a date again. If she flakes out again, move on to the next one (2 Strike rule). Girls don't want the ball to be in their court, they will expect you to make the plans most of the time.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any excuse without a counter-offer for furture plans is not a legit excuse in my eyes. By all means go for one final attempt if you want, just don't be surprised if she tells you that she's busy.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that she TEXTED you and didn't even CALL you to let you know that she wasn't going to make it, is a huge RED FLAG right there.

How can someone "seem" apologetic over text?

Ask her out one more time, and if she is "busy" or "flakes" next.

Who cares if she's really hot if she's not going to show up? She probably texted you while she was getting ready to go out with someone else.

TheCzar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd wait about 10 days. Then setup a causal meeting mid-week at a jazz bar or something like that - invite her along like you're including her in 'your life'. If she flakes, NEXT.

TC

the_professional

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, thanks for the advice so far.

Well, the entire communication has been written, and you can criticize that if you want. So I didn't really have a problem with the text instead of a call.

Additionally, this was just an agreement to go get coffee during a weekday afternoon.

I just am curious if this might be a **** test, to see if I pursue still. Since I've already initiated, I'm assuming she at least thinks that am attracted to her. I don't know though. You guys don't think just sitting back and waiting for a counter-proposal is the better solution?

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_professional said:
Haha, thanks for the advice so far.

Well, the entire communication has been written, and you can criticize that if you want. So I didn't really have a problem with the text instead of a call.

Additionally, this was just an agreement to go get coffee during a weekday afternoon.

I just am curious if this might be a **** test, to see if I pursue still.
Since I've already initiated, I'm assuming she at least thinks that am attracted to her. I don't know though. You guys don't think just sitting back and waiting for a counter-proposal is the better solution?
A s*** test isn't canceling a few minutes before your FIRST social get-together (date). This is her being a douche. Give her a second chance if you want...but don't mistake it... A s*** test is when a girl likes you and she does something to see HOW MUCH you like her. It's not flaking out on you before there's even a romantic connection.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Mantis Toboggan said:
A s*** test isn't canceling a few minutes before your FIRST social get-together (date).
EXACTLY.

This isn't a test. Flaking is a sign of no/low interest.

Mantis Toboggan is right with this comment...
This is her being a douche.

She is being a "douche",however,I'm NOT opposed to you calling her and trying to set up another date. You just need to go about it a different way.

A "sh!t test" is a woman testing you to see how much of a MAN you are. She'll do things,say things,and act in ways that make no sense at all,and it's all just to see how you'll respond.

You're not there yet. You're not at the point for her to start testing you.

You haven't even had a first date yet. She can't test you if you two don't spend time together.

I HATE to say this,but you mistaking this for a possible test is BAD. If you're not yet able to tell the difference between low interest from a girl and her testing you,then once you do get out on a date with her,the chances of you passing her tests are low,SUPER LOW.

And the failing of her tests WILL LEAD to low to no interest from her.

I say wait at least two days from the last time you talked with her,then call her to set up another date....BUT,get her emotional FIRST,then ask her out.

I don't know how you've been talking to her up til now,and I don't know what your personality is like. I'd like to suggest something for you to say to her,but if it's too far out of line from how you normally are and how you've been with her,it'll make you come off as being incongruent and do more harm than good.

So just let a few days pass,then CALL HER (do not text),and TELL HER that you're going to so and so place and tell her to come along.

At this point,that's all you can do.

If she agrees,great,if not,then move on.

FluckWomen

Reaction score
I feel like I'm missing something here...

he's never met/spoken to this girl in-person other than ONE time in a party... putting the ball in her court or nexting her seems silly.

Why would you put the ball in her court when YOU'RE the one who is interested? YOU got her number and YOU scheduled the date. If SHE got your number and SHE set-up the date, then MAYBE put the ball in her court. You are the one who is interested at this point and YOU are the one who wants to game her.

I'd keep trying to see her until I actually.... see her. This whole "2 strikes then nexting" rule I've never agreed with. A girl flakes twice with someone she barely knows and/or hasn't had enough time to build comfort and interest and you should never ask her out again EVER? A bit extreme and, to me, insecure.

If it were me, I'd wait about 2 weeks (or sooner if there's a particularly unique and interesting activity **in the area where she lives** that you can take her to) and ask her out again... I'd generally tell her that I'll be in her neighborhood for work reasons/seeing another friend (or whatever the flip else you want to say as long as you convey that you're not there SPECIFICALLY to see her) and that I'd like to meet up with her for coffee or lunch while I'm in the area. As long as she doesn't legitimately have any other plans, going some place a short distance from her home to have something as simple and quick as coffee or lunch in a comfortable, close-by location shouldn't be too tough to get her to show up for.

...and if she flakes again? Try my suggestion again in a month. And if she flakes yet AGAIN? Try it again after another 1 or 2 months. Keep asking her out as long as YOU'RE still interested. All it takes is ONE successful meet-up to build enough attraction and interest for a more serious date in the future.

As long as it seems that you want to meet up "while you're in the area," it won't come across to her that you're a needy AFC... it'll seem more like you're someone who is efficient with his time and isn't going to go out of his way to meet-up with someone he barely really knows.

This method frequently works for me. On the rare occasions that it doesn't, I eventually lose interest in the girl and have no reason to want to set-up future get-togethers anyway.

Normally as a last-ditch effort, if she ever happens to be on Facebook chat or whatever, I'll talk to her for 5 minutes with the explicit goal in mind of making her horny. NOT to ask how she's been, how's her family, how work/exams are going, or even to set-up a date. ONLY to make her horny.

If you pull it off, she'll come RUNNING to the coffee shop next time you happen to just "be in the neighborhood."

Good luck!

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FluckWomen said:
I feel like I'm missing something here...

he's never met/spoken to this girl in-person other than ONE time in a party... putting the ball in her court or nexting her seems silly.

Why would you put the ball in her court when YOU'RE the one who is interested? YOU got her number and YOU scheduled the date. If SHE got your number and SHE set-up the date, then MAYBE put the ball in her court. You are the one who is interested at this point and YOU are the one who wants to game her.

I'd keep trying to see her until I actually.... see her. This whole "2 strikes then nexting" rule I've never agreed with. A girl flakes twice with someone she barely knows and/or hasn't had enough time to build comfort and interest and you should never ask her out again EVER? A bit extreme and, to me, insecure.

If it were me, I'd wait about 2 weeks (or sooner if there's a particularly unique and interesting activity **in the area where she lives** that you can take her to) and ask her out again... I'd generally tell her that I'll be in her neighborhood for work reasons/seeing another friend (or whatever the flip else you want to say as long as you convey that you're not there SPECIFICALLY to see her) and that I'd like to meet up with her for coffee or lunch while I'm in the area. As long as she doesn't legitimately have any other plans, going some place a short distance from her home to have something as simple and quick as coffee or lunch in a comfortable, close-by location shouldn't be too tough to get her to show up for.

...and if she flakes again? Try my suggestion again in a month. And if she flakes yet AGAIN? Try it again after another 1 or 2 months. Keep asking her out as long as YOU'RE still interested. All it takes is ONE successful meet-up to build enough attraction and interest for a more serious date in the future.

As long as it seems that you want to meet up "while you're in the area," it won't come across to her that you're a needy AFC... it'll seem more like you're someone who is efficient with his time and isn't going to go out of his way to meet-up with someone he barely really knows.

This method frequently works for me. On the rare occasions that it doesn't, I eventually lose interest in the girl and have no reason to want to set-up future get-togethers anyway.

Normally as a last-ditch effort, if she ever happens to be on Facebook chat or whatever, I'll talk to her for 5 minutes with the explicit goal in mind of making her horny. NOT to ask how she's been, how's her family, how work/exams are going, or even to set-up a date. ONLY to make her horny.

If you pull it off, she'll come RUNNING to the coffee shop next time you happen to just "be in the neighborhood."

Good luck!
Wow. What a vast collection of terrible advice.

The "two strikes thing" is about having pride in yourself. If you took the time to talk to her, and then took the time to call her, then she should be interested enough to at least hang out ONCE. If she's not, then how much time am I supposed to spend with this girl trying to convince her to see me? Just like you said, he barely knows the girl...how much effort is she worth? Calling her every two weeks? She's a woman...not a potential employer. Sometimes you just have to take the hint and move on.

And using Facebook to make a woman horny? I'd rather jump in front of a bus.

FluckWomen

Reaction score
Iceberg said:
Wow. What a vast collection of terrible advice.

The "two strikes thing" is about having pride in yourself. If you took the time to talk to her, and then took the time to call her, then she should be interested enough to at least hang out ONCE. If she's not, then how much time am I supposed to spend with this girl trying to convince her to see me? Just like you said, he barely knows the girl...how much effort is she worth? Calling her every two weeks? She's a woman...not a potential employer. Sometimes you just have to take the hint and move on.

And using Facebook to make a woman horny? I'd rather jump in front of a bus.
So a two minute phone call once every 1 or 2 months is too much effort and hurts your pride that deeply? To each his own!

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FluckWomen said:
So a two minute phone call once every 1 or 2 months is too much effort and hurts your pride that deeply? To each his own!
Let's say you meet a girl ONCE in December and get her number. Do you really think she's gonna go out on a first date with you in February?

You'd both have to be pretty undesirable to have not found any better options in two months. I don't know about about you, but I don't hear a lot of my friends say, "Yeah, I'm going out in my first date with this girl I met three months ago."

Igetit!

Reaction score
Iceberg said:
Let's say you meet a girl ONCE in December and get her number. Do you really think she's gonna go out on a first date with you in February?

You'd both have to be pretty undesirable to have not found any better options in two months. I don't know about about you, but I don't hear a lot of my friends say, "Yeah, I'm going out in my first date with this girl I met three months ago."
Game,set,and match.

"ICEBERG WINS".

FluckWomen

Reaction score
Iceberg said:

Because I'm a very argumentative and persistent person, I'm going to keep responding haha...

To answer your question, "Do you really think she's gonna go out on a first date with you in February," my answer is yes. Why?

1) You're assuming that both parties have been single for that entire 3-month period. When I have a girlfriend, I will still obtain other women's phone numbers to form friendships or to have potential back-ups if my LTR ends. When I don't have a girlfriend, I will STILL obtain women's phone numbers to form friendships or to have a potential f*ck buddy or LTR.

Conversely, if I find a woman attractive, I try to get her phone number... regardless of whether or not she is temporarily "taken" (by "taken" I'm referring to unmarried women in LTRs... I personally don't support guys going after married women, but I won't judge those that do). Frequently, since many women ALSO like to make friends or have potential back-ups, they will willfully give me their phone number.

Often times, these relationships (*gasp*) end within a few months. Using the method I originally posted, I have achieved a staggering number of successes... I once even incidentally called a girl (who I hadn't successfully met up with 3 times prior) a mere 2 hours after she broke up with her boyfriend. It was an easy rebound and f-close on a chick who, had I "nexted" her, I likely would never have seen again. Instead, she's been a regular f*ck buddy of mine (and only because I don't want an LTR with her) for the past 7 months... once I was able to finally meet up with her, I got her hooked.

2) You probably never hear your friends say anything like "yeah, I'm going out in my first date with this girl I met three months ago" because, like you, their emotional sensitivity (no offense intended... that's just how I perceive your claim that pride has anything to do with this) prevents them from continuing an incredibly casual pursuit. TWO chances and that's it, goodbye forever? People travel, have deaths in their families, friendship/relationship drama, too much work, financial troubles, health problems, are legitimately tired on any given day, and so on. Sometimes they don't feel like seeing someone they barely know for coffee when there are more pressing matters they would prefer to deal with.

Since you barely know this person, you have no idea what may be preventing them from seeing you. There are 1000 possible reasons for not being able to (or not wanting to) meet up. If they haven't blatantly rejected you or told you to f*ck off, to assume that it's some sort of blow to your precious ego is misguided and, to me, shows a certain level of insecurity. IF I'm still interested in a girl (and I can't emphasize that point enough), I'm going to continue to casually pursue any girl I want until **I** am no longer interested. If she doesn't explicitly tell me to stop calling her (and NO ONE ever has... afterall, we're talking about one phone call every 1 or 2 months here), I won't stop until my own interest level in HER falters.

3) "You'd both have to be pretty undesirable to have not found any better options in two months." Even if both parties are single the entire time, I have to disagree yet again. For starters, if SHE wasn't desirable, why would you be trying to pursue her in the first place? If YOU weren't desirable, how would you have gotten her number? Sh*t, even if I were undesirable I'd still look you dead in the eyes and tell you I'm the most desirable guy walking this planet, and I'd make sure you believed it.

Keep in mind, persistence is a virtue, and it is valued. Even when girls meet complete creeps that call them 20 times per day for a month, they'll still say "well at least he's persistent." Why? Persistence--when coupled with social skills and a calm, cool attitude--shows confidence. Confidence is ALWAYS attractive to women... I have yet to meet a girl who's been turned off by a man's confidence.

---------------------

And although I wasn't originally going to comment on this, I might as well since I've gone off on an essay here...

"And using Facebook to make a woman horny? I'd rather jump in front of a bus."

Would you rather jump in front of a bus if I were to suggest that you should view a bunch of internet discussion board posts in order to seduce women more effectively? I actually know people who would look down upon you and I for posting these very messages, dismissing them based on their misplaced values. Hell, I'll admit it, I myself have been guilty of this mindset... I often look down upon people who first meet girls on the internet and then meet them in real life.

However, if it gets results it gets results, and I cannot deny that no matter what my personal biases may be. I know people who have married people they've met on the internet, and have had very successful marriages... although I'm still biased, I can't deny that it worked for them... just like this website has (hopefully) worked for you and I in improving our game, and how facebook chat has helped me increase the interest levels of the females I've met.

You can make a woman horny from mere foreplay. Or by talking to them in a certain way, in-person or over the phone. Or even by text in a cell phone or computer. The means of communication should not be discounted if they can enhance your results. Sometimes the ends justify the means.

That being said, this is why I normally lurk on this site rather than post... this response was way longer than I originally intended it to be. Guess I'm too persistent for my own good... ;)

Reaction score
the_professional said:
Texts me at the last minute and says she just woke up, was taking a nap. Whatever, seemed legit in the sense that she was very apologetic, and seemed upset about it.
You BOUGHT that excuse? Dude, if you had a date with someone who looked like this:
http://www.nationalspatula.com/assets/Beautiful-Woman.jpg
would you miss that date?

Women do not miss dates with guys they are not interested in. Plain and simple, she's not interested. And when women flake LAST MINUTE, that normally means one thing: that you were her "backup dude" for the day and a "higher ranking" guy came along. Women are notorious for flaking on "safety" men and will only go out with one out of boredom or in an attempt for free attention.

You need to only take one option: move on. If in the .0001% chance that she is truthful or genuine, she WILL make it up to you in a big way. I remember one flake I had who ended up taking me out to dinner and sucked me dry afterwards as a "Sorry" for flaking.

Do not call her. You will look desperate. If anything, flirt with one of her friends. Act totally unaffected. Act like a man. And if she proposes another date, do NOT think that she wont flake again. You can accept her proposal but let it be on your terms. In fact, you might even impose a "rule." Here's a phone conversation I had with a female not to long ago who "semi-flaked" on me (she gave me about 24 hour advance notice)...went something like this:

(my phone rings)
HER: Hi, how are you?
ME: Hey you, not bad...whats up?
HER: Good! Sorry about last weekend, I had some last minute stuff to take care of.
ME: Uh huh, must've been something SERIOUS to miss a date with me (sarcastic, semi-humorous voice).
HER: I swear I was so tired and [blah blah]. So anyway, what are you doing Saturday?
ME: A few things...what did you have in mind.
HER: Want to go out?

(At this point, she is likely calling because she feels bad but may STILL flake on you again for a higher-ranking guy. Here's how you assume a higher ranking)

ME: We can... [seem neutral, somewhat preoccupied]
HER: Okay...
ME: Well, look...you kinda have to make your flake up to me

(This gives her something to work toward. You are giving her a "chore". This is KEY. Women who flake on men do not respect men. By making her do something for you, she will gain respect for you. Plus it will separate you from all of the other kiss-asses who are so enthralled with her beauty that they'd do anything.)

HER: [LOL!] Oh really?
ME: Hmmmm. Wear a really sexy dress. I like blue.
HER: Oh is that all?
ME: For now. Listen, I gotta go. Saturday at 5 works okay. Blue. Tight. Short.
HER: Got it.

That weekend, she wore a sky blue dress. I banged her like it was 1999. Anyway dude, never take a "flake" at face value. Hope you got something out of that. In case you didn't catch it, here was my post about Flaking Signs:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=169993

Peace!

p.s.
REMEMBER: If she's really likes you, she will let you know. She will show interest. If a woman flakes and STILL does not call, game over. Ironically, once you get the strength to move on, these women OFTEN return once they see that you do not tolerate flakiness.

Johnny_Kage

Don Juan
Reaction score
Christ....so much analyzing. My head hurts.

If you want to see the girl, try again. If not, don't.

If she flakes again and you still want to see her, try a third time.

If she flakes again and you still want to see her, try a fourth time.

If you want to call her the day after she flakes, call her on that day.

You see where I'm going with this....do what you wanna do man.

Although I suggest (just a suggestion...do what you wanna do, remember?) that next time you invite her out to a college party/bar, since u do go to the same school as her. Coffee kind of gives the whole "date vibe" that a lot of people are turned off by because they feel there's a lot of pressure. Just saying...