Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fitness magazines?

It's all good!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey what do you guys think of fitness magazines. For me they are a good constant source of motivation each month, about the time my will to workout starts to flounder. What do you guys use to stay motivated?

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're just starting out, fitness magazines aren't a bad source of general workout advice. You might want to try experimenting with some of the routines in there. As you get more advanced, you'll figure out better routines that work for you.

You need to keep in mind that they get most of their money from supplement manufacturers and tend to have a heavy bias toward them. Don't buy a subscription--after about 8 months of issues of any one magazine, they'll have repeated all of their material. It's so bad sometimes that they seem like they rewrite previously run articles and put them in later magazines. Just get issues that interest you individually.

I motivate myself by looking in the mirror and by keeping track of how much weight I'm lifting from week to week. I compare myself to what I want to become, not to 'roided out bodybuilders in magazines. But hell, to each his own...

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigforearms

I motivate myself by looking in the mirror and by keeping track of how much weight I'm lifting from week to week. I compare myself to what I want to become, not to 'roided out bodybuilders in magazines. But hell, to each his own...
I do that too. I also post pictures of Men's Health magazine cover models for motivation. I never wanted to look like a bodybuilder, anyway.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with forearms.

I quit buying them (unless there's something new in them).

Some tend to recycle thier articles. They may not be the same, but I swear some that I've read sound really familiar like I read them before.

I'm more into the nutrition magazines or articles. If a magazine has something new on nutrition or has some interesting recipes, I'll buy it.

Try reading some women's exercise magazines. It gives you a whole different spin on working out. Plus, they have more recipes and articles about nutrition...

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IAG,

Yes, it seems like the magazines are probably the best for motivational purposes. Each month they have a catchy cover, nice pictures to inspire you, and some current event stuff. So that in itself will help out alot.

For sound advice though, i would search for books by reputable authors or institutions. For most of you who are afficionados to fitness, I would recomend pickin' up a fitness/personal training certification. Even if you don't want to work as a trainer, the materials are full of good info, and they will supply you with good options to continue your education. Some of them are very hard, but some of them are entry level certs that will help you out a lot.

Here are some of them:

American Council on Exercise,
IFPA
AFAA

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with GOL.

I really dig some of the older books. Yeah they maybe out of date, but most were written before modern day suppliments were developed.

There is a web sight that is for retired body builders. It has some old a$$ articles that are pretty interesting...