Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fish Oil?

Reaction score
I've searched through alot of threads and many recommend to take fish oil as part of your supps. What does it do exactly? I have heard different things on fish oil.

Medwin

Reaction score
Hi dude,.
The Fish Oil have many benefits but the main benefits of Fish Oils is that its play very big role to clear your body muscles and get your body shape very well,.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weightloss
Keeps your hair healthy and from you going bald to a degree
Great for nutrition
Memory
Great for skin

I'm work as a reporter and every once in awhile a story about a study of Fish oil comes out. Everytime one does, it's about how F@#$@* amazing it is and how people who didn't use it didn't fare nearly as well with weightloss as the other side. Point in case - extremely amazing supplement.

I take 8-16 Fishoil pills daily.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about fish oil anymore ...

Reviews range from it being an expensive placebo to being the nectar of the Gods and the fountain of youth.

Personally, I take 30mL a day in liquid form. Why liquid form?

Because 30mL in pill form amounts to 30 pills.

In liquid form, its just a standard shot glass which is what I use to take it.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get my fishoil cheap from a great reliable source. I'm not a doctor, don't copy me. Follow the bottle - ask your doctor. Supplements are a risky business although I've always felt - hey it's fish oil, it's natural. How could that mess me up.

I also take so many pills because for calorie reasons. From my research I've found higher dosages are great for my body. I've heard of some people bleeding out there rectum...never experienced that. Do some research and decide for yourself.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is AMPLE evidence to show that fish oil supplementation helps in a number of medical conditions. These are namely:

- Hypertriglyceridemia (basically when you have a phucked up blood lipid profile)
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD)/Hypertension (HTN)
- Mental health conditions, like slowing down the onset of schizophrenia, and helping to modulate other mental health shiit.

There are ample primary literature sources on this. Here's a couple, if you're a keener you can look up more:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22051327
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18221098

At the molecular level, fish oils basically provide the precursors for anti-inflammatory eicosanoids, or locally acting modulators of inflammation. Basically, fish oil give your body the raw materials to make anti-inflammatory prostaglandins (PGE). PGE are a class of eicosanoids that are involved in the regulation of localized inflammation. Drugs like ibuprofen (advil), and aspirin, are NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatories), and they actually act to directly inhibit an enzyme that produces pro-inflammatory PGEs. Supplementing with fish oils makes appropriate immunomodulation easier to acheive. The immune system is present in pretty much all disease processes in the body, therefore regulating it appropriately is totally crucial if you wanna be healthy. The brain is mostly fat (if you dehydrate it), and therefore, having appropriate lipid intake in diet helps w/ neural functioning, hence the benefits for mental health. From what I've read, fish oils are better at preventing depression/schizophrenia, etc in at-risk populations. The mental health-promoting effects are not as clearly defined.

Stallion takes a shiitload of fish oil pills because fish oils should be viewed as a macronutrient. I personally take 6 pills a day. The ones I have are 900 mg of actual EPA/DHA per pill, and that gives me around 5 g of EPA/DHA per day.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take it because it helps with my memory, and gives me some pretty good lucid dreaming opportunities.

Oh, and it helps with my mood too. Great stuff. My own pills have vitamin D in them, and that helps with testosterone levels...

Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
There is AMPLE evidence to show that fish oil supplementation helps in a number of medical conditions. These are namely:

- Hypertriglyceridemia (basically when you have a phucked up blood lipid profile)
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD)/Hypertension (HTN)
- Mental health conditions, like slowing down the onset of schizophrenia, and helping to modulate other mental health shiit.

There are ample primary literature sources on this. Here's a couple, if you're a keener you can look up more:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22051327
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18221098

At the molecular level, fish oils basically provide the precursors for anti-inflammatory eicosanoids, or locally acting modulators of inflammation. Basically, fish oil give your body the raw materials to make anti-inflammatory prostaglandins (PGE). PGE are a class of eicosanoids that are involved in the regulation of localized inflammation. Drugs like ibuprofen (advil), and aspirin, are NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatories), and they actually act to directly inhibit an enzyme that produces pro-inflammatory PGEs. Supplementing with fish oils makes appropriate immunomodulation easier to acheive. The immune system is present in pretty much all disease processes in the body, therefore regulating it appropriately is totally crucial if you wanna be healthy. The brain is mostly fat (if you dehydrate it), and therefore, having appropriate lipid intake in diet helps w/ neural functioning, hence the benefits for mental health. From what I've read, fish oils are better at preventing depression/schizophrenia, etc in at-risk populations. The mental health-promoting effects are not as clearly defined.

Stallion takes a shiitload of fish oil pills because fish oils should be viewed as a macronutrient. I personally take 6 pills a day. The ones I have are 900 mg of actual EPA/DHA per pill, and that gives me around 5 g of EPA/DHA per day.
That's some useful info. I didn't know it had so many benefits. I usually take 3 or 4 pills a day.
Vice said:
I take it because it helps with my memory, and gives me some pretty good lucid dreaming opportunities.

Oh, and it helps with my mood too. Great stuff. My own pills have vitamin D in them, and that helps with testosterone levels...
I have been taking my fish oil for three weeks and I notice memory improvement as well. Things seem "clearer" and "sharper", not quite sure how to put. It definitely helps with my mood, I know when I don't take it. I guess it affects serotonin and dopamine in the brain.
I-tallionStallion said:
I get my fishoil cheap from a great reliable source. I'm not a doctor, don't copy me. Follow the bottle - ask your doctor. Supplements are a risky business although I've always felt - hey it's fish oil, it's natural. How could that mess me up.

I also take so many pills because for calorie reasons. From my research I've found higher dosages are great for my body. I've heard of some people bleeding out there rectum...never experienced that. Do some research and decide for yourself.
I didn't bleed, but I got mad diarrhea for the first week when I started taking it. Thankfully it went away and I'm back to normal. Damn that was terrible.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently switched to liquid form too for efficiency, surprisingly it tastes like orange soda, its so good! I am a true believer that it offers numerous benefits that far outweigh the possible negatives. I recommend it for everyone

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
also keeps the balance of fats in the brain in the right balance (hard and soft fats). Brains deficient in the omega 3's tend to get dementia in old age and other brain degenerative diseases...