First true cold approach, critique!

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway I was in the train with my dad, I look to my left and i notice this blondie asian girl standing by the train door. Based off the reflection on the opposite door windows, I saw her glancing over several times...and well I was checkin her out with the window also. Just as the train nears the stop, me and my dad stand up by the door. She heads out first, me and my dad are behind.

So she's walking really slow in front of me, blocking the center of the walkway (and blocking me from passing). I go by her side and break the ice:

me: Cool blond hair
her: thx
me: so you from around here?
her: I live down by (so and so).
me: hey that area's sweet
so you also go to school around there?
her: no I go to XX
me: awesome, my bro went to that school also
so what year are you in?
her: im a junior (yea...go figure she's 17).
(we both are headed to another train to transfer and my train is already arriving, so with little haste I make it snappy).
me: if you're interested, lets hangout this saturday. (yea, (so much for coffee), HS kids hangout on the spot afterschool and usually never plan real activities..so im clueless).
her: (shakes her head) no sorry.

Well she was 17, I wouldnt be surprised if she had a ***** shield up as girls that age are taught not to talk to strangers. But regardless, it felt really good just with the interaction and it boosted my confidence even more.
I dont know if cold approaching/gaming a HS girl is any different from a girl in her early 20's, but critique is helpful anyway, thanks!

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only reason she had to meet you was whatever prizability was immediately conveyed through your appearance, that you had confidence to approach, & if you're school was cool or not.

No DHV spikes from your description. No playful, fun conversation. Also sounds like you tried to close in like 2 minutes, granted you probably had legitimate time constraints.

What could have been differently?

Lieing: Make up a cool place that you go to school (DHV Spike #1). Can be a place she will know of or if not make sure it has a cool name so she will want to know more about it. Making sure your appearance conveyed someone interesting and preselected by women (DHV Spike #2). Had a more interesting conversation. It would have been funny as hell if you had coaxed your dad into pretending to be your talent agent or something... At the end of the day it might not have made any difference, but some very basic suggestions. Try those and do another approach, post what happens and we can critique further as the days go by.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen here, you don't have to "lie" to make a decent approach.

You don't need to know the names of techniques others use to make a decent approach.

All you need are your brains, your balls, and some charisma. Understand that even if you are a very good looking guy, a woman still wants the same thing out of a conversation most people want.

She wants to laugh
She wants to talk about things not of the usual
She wants you to take interest her, but not too much; she wants to do some work too.

Critique? Look, you rattled through a list of questions which were plain. Your only reply to the questions was "my brother goes there so and so." She doesn't really care. More over, if you haven't made her smile or laugh within the first 30 seconds, she's moved you over to the creep category. You were put in the stalker category when you asked her to hangout after asking her a bunch of predictable questions, coming off like the stalker she thinks you are.

Have you ever had a great conversation with someone you don't even know? Did it feel like everything they said pertained to you, yet you were still interested in them? Did they make you laugh every other sentence?

Women want nothing more than what any normal person wants in an approach.