"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

First true approach for a total AFC.

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
I went to walgreen for some gum and saw a HB9.5 red headed 21 year old latina. I chickened out two times but the third time I went back and talked to her. So much for 3 sec rule. It took me 20 sec to be exact. She seemed very interested in me and was asking all the questions. Unfortunately I didn't have a pen to take down her # but she told me that she work here at night so its cool.

It might not be a big deal to some of you but it is to me b/c I usually let the girl approach which only happened a few times.:p. I'm happy that I finally broke the barrier and got my feet wet.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Congratulations! :D

It's always handy to have a few stories tee'ed up in your mind so that you can CONVEY YOUR PERSONALITY to her. Show her you're a cool, interesting, fun guy. And you should always keep in mind the logistics, from getting her number to pulling her to your place for a fuck close.

Now. Wash, rinse, and repeat 199 more times.
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
JT,


I think it would really help guys like this poster (as well as being a good time where you can be a good sport and tell us some self-deprecating stories :D) if you could tell everyone about YOUR "199 times" when you failed or blew your approaches. You post some cool success stories, but don't you think it would only be fair (and helpful) to post stories of what you did WRONG?



Jake.
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Well, here's my very first real cold approach once I actively started in the game:

Went to a crowded meat market of a bar where there's an active pick up scene (white, middle to upper class, very frat). Loud, noisy, INCREDIBLY hostile to the fresh newbie. Lots of hot girls and plenty of competitive AMOGs.

Got thrown into a mixed 5set with a guy and four hot girls. Used the tried and true, "Who lies more?" opener. They couldn't hear a damn thing I said and one girl even leaned into me to hear. Got blown out in about a minute with my tail in between my legs. Lesson Learned: PROJECTION (project your voice loudly, clearly, and calmly over the noise).

More throwing of me into the fire almost a dozen times. At the end of the night, I did not give a flying fuck what anyone thought or how they perceived me approaching girls and approached anyone and everyone without fear.

Wash, rinse and repeat.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
congratulations...
this is the start of something great for you

(plus you inspire me!) :)
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Thinking back, I were stupid to be scared of approaching girls.

Back then, thinking of approaching a girl with people around is unthinkable to me but now I actually enjoy having people around because I like the "that kid got balls" look that people have on their face.


Got my feet wet and the water is warm! Jumping in and going for a swim. <Splash>
 
Last edited:

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
I just had a major wake up call. I was watching some porn clips, something that I’ve been doing very recently after I deleted my huge collection a couple of months ago. As I was watching people having sex it just flashed in my head, “Why am I watching people f*cking when I should be out doing a girl right now?! Why am I not having sex with anybody?!” Then I realized it’s because I’m not approaching anybody. I can’t have sex with a girl I haven’t even met yet.

So tomorrow I’m going to bite the bullet and actually try a cold approach. Before I put my balls on the line there are some things I want to know.

What’s the best way to do it and what constitutes an approach? Is it as simple as going up to a random girl and asking her for her number? Or should I start a conversation with her then ask for her number in the middle or end?

I’m basically brain-dead when it comes to girls. And I’m absolutely terrified of rejection. Odds are I will get rejected but it is something I need to experience.

Anyways here’s what I’m going to do. I have been working at Longs Drugs for a couple of months. In my time working there I have helped several HB’s who work at a different Longs in a city not far from where I live. I’m planning on going there tomorrow to buy something and hopefully try an approach. But I have no clue what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
 

Seeph

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9
search the board you troll! how have u been here 2 months with almost 200 posts and not know anything about PUs?
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
I took an extended break from the DJ board for various reasons.

I forgot a lot and I rather just get a little bit of help before I try this thing.

I don't see how I'm being a troll since I'm not offending anybody and I'm staying on topic. If I posted a new thread, fine I deserve flame. But asking for help for my first approach on a thread about first approaches is hardly worthy of an attack.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
From the momentum that I got from my first approach yesterday, I did another today while a HB9 and it felt a lot more natural. She has eyes you'll never beleive! Her eyes and face look like kristen kuerk from Smallvile:D . We had good convo and she seemed to want to get to know me. Once again, I didn't get the number because I want to play some mind game first to send out signals that i'm not that into her. After that i'll go in for the kill.

She seems kinda shy and reserve. Is being agressive a good strategy when it come to shy girls?
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by david90
She seems kinda shy and reserve. Is being agressive a good strategy when it come to shy girls?
From my experience shy girls respond better to light-hearted harmless sounding teasing than they do ****y/funny or large scale agressiveness.

On the other hand you may not find these girls shy once you get to know them and they know you real well; they could even turn into a diffrent personality all together that will cause you to have to readapt your gameplan. But that's for you to experiment and find out yourself.
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
Originally posted by david90
Got my feet wet and the water is warm! Jumping in and going for a swim. <Splash>
Hey! Wait up! [DJA dives in.] :D
 

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Did another approach today and this time it felt a lot better and more satisfying than before.

I met up with one of my AFC friend who I haven't seen in like a month. We ate at a mall and saw this cute girl working the juice bar. He jokes around and told me to go talk to her but in his mind he knew that I don't have the guts to b/c he knows that i'm shy and vice versa. Well that was the past. I walked right up to the girl and fluffed talk. My afc friend joined in the convo but he stumbled terribly and didn't sound natural like I did. Convo went fairly well and my AFC friend was amazed at how much i've changed! The amazement on his face was priceless.:cool:

Is there a way to ask a girl if she's single or not without actually asking her that? For some reasons, I feel a bit of anxiety when asking that question.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
It sure does.

I did another approach today with a chick playing with her puppy. At first I could tell that she wasn't in tune with me b/c her eyes wandered but after a little mirroring and rapporting I got her eyes fixed on me. About 10 min into the convo, she told me that her puppy didn't like her BF. I split 30 seconds afterward.:)

I still get nevous and still haven't been able to approach certain type of girls but I learn that you have to walk first before u run so its all good baby:p . All in due time i guess. As long as i'm not going backward i'm cool even though i'm slowly moving forward.

I hope guys who are afriad of approaching read this and see the progression that i've made and that there is nothing to it!
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by david90
I went to walgreen for some gum and saw a HB9.5 red headed 21 year old latina. got my feet wet.
A red-headed latina??? Never saw one!

She knows that the next time you are visiting the store that you are actually looking for her so you might as well be direct and ask her for her digits!
 

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
yeah neither do I. Her hair is proabably dyed. Perfect for a neg hit.
 

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
congrats on your 'turning the corner'...but IMO...any PU is a failed PU if you dont get the number...whether it be phone number, cell number, dorm number, or hotel number....you need a way to get back to her...

so yea..she works at the drug store...so are you supposed to go around lurking for her..stalking her..it makes you look unsure of yourself and less confident...you're in a disadvantage here... the advantage in communication is your's when you have those 7 digits...

besides...it maybe awhile til you go back to that drug store again...in that 4-5 days that you slacked by not setting up a date with her via telephone call...she'll already be busy this saturday night with me because she was more impressed that I had the b*lls to get her number and set up a date quickly and confidently...

and if it isnt me...it could be any of the other DJs on thie site as well..

bottom line..get em DIGITS BRO!!!!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top