First time drinking...

Lesson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well im going to a party This weekend with some people and there will be alcohol... This may sound amateurish and *****, but I don't care... So anyway, I want to know what to expect and what I can do to make sure I dont end up acting like a complete moron and/or ending up in a hostpital. Also, I weigh only 140 so how long will it take me to get drunk and will I naturally know when to stop? If not, when do I stop?

Aight thanks in advance.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Take it slow. Small sips are good. If it's beer, even better.

2. Don't take shots (or only 1) and have a good chaser if it's something strong (like rum or gin.) By chaser, I mean a good cola (Coke, Sprite, whatever.)

3. You'll start to feel lightheaded when you start to get tipsy/drunkish. If you want to stop there, cool.

4. Make sure to have food in your stomach and eat while drinking. Nothing spicy though. Try a sandwhich (or short, just bread) as that does good in absorbing alcohal.

Take it from someone that had WAY too much on Saturday. I had to get a ride back here and have people check on me every 15 mintues to make sure I was still alive. Not fun.

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to get a ride back here and have people check on me every 15 mintues to make sure I was still alive. Not fun.
Wasn't there a Rock God or something. Where everyone was so stoned and drunk a bunch of people died including the Band?

For drinks I cannot emphasize lik CK. DO NOT TAKE SHOTS.

Sencond, When you get home drink water like a half gallon even if you don't feel like it. It has saved me from tons of hangovers. Don't take aspirin.

For drinks try ****tails or something instead of pure ****. This also makes sense since most pure drinks taste horrid. you might have a tatse for that.

A lot of mixed drinks because of that you don't taste the alchol and drink more. Just go slowly. don't sip or you'll get laughed at, but don't drink a bottle of beer a minute.

As for my first time. I had five screw driver [vodka and oragne juice]... I got a light buzz. Nothing too noticable though.

I was about 170 5'8 or so...

Mattering on how strong the stuff is it depends. If yuo serach yahoo I'm sure you can find a chart. I've seen them before.

Good luck. Don't overdo it to be cool. Just have fun. And Finally DON'T USE ALCHOL AS A CRUTCH.

Almost every girl I know hates it, and guys in HS especially think its cool to be drunk till thier pissing thier pants.

;)

Capi

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Word of warning on the water: Too much (espcially if drunk) will cause you to puke like hose.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Experianced drinker here. No beer the first time, no straight liquor. A lot of guy's bodies aren't ready for the taste and feeling of beer and are more likely to puke, and a lot aren't ready for how hard liquor hits you. Stick to a mixed drink that doesn't taste like alcohol and has very little in it. I'd suggest vodka and juice, will help keep you out of control.

Remember: drinking is to relax you to the point you want to be relaxed to, not to impress people or make you think you're cool. The scenario with the nerd getting trashed and becoming the funnest guy at the party will happen 1 once out of 100 times I'd think. All the other times he throws up first, gets knocked out for saying something stupid to someone, or gets simply treated out he always does.

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Word of warning on the water: Too much (espcially if drunk) will cause you to puke like hose.
oh yeah... reminds me if you do decide to try mixed drinks... don't mix mixed drinks. meaning don't drink a few of one then try another one. this can also cause you to drink...

to the water thing. I normally have a cup of water and a cup of whatever I'm drinking. And I take a sip of water when I'm thirsty, and use ration the drink more to keep a buzz. I'm normally really thirsty. I drink about three cups of water a meal and am still dehydrated[my piss is dark yellow. Little tip for you]... so if I don't do that when i drink I could very well end up like crazykid said... choking on my own puke. I don't know if you'd want to do this at a party cause you'd look "uncool" I really don't give a ****. But thats your choice.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eat peanuts while you're drinking

didn't know about water making you puke eternal. that explains quite a bit. i'd stock up before going out (on water and milk - milk lines your stomach so it's good) and end up not being able to take any more than 5 beers without throwing it back up

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alcopops are good to start on, it also helps to make out like uv drunk more than u have the first time, so like stick ur tongue over the hole when u swig, so u dont look different but dont get as smashed. Drink lots of water, have a large meal (it doesnt matter if u puke it up later) preferably somehting quite greasy. In addition, if you can go out and have chips or a kebab halfway through. This is if you want to stay sober. Drink lots of water and for gods sake go to the toilet before you g to bed, half my m8s have wet their bloody beds when they stayed at mine. ****ers.

Remember above all dont listen to pressure from others, drink only what you feel comfortable with and until you want to stop (by which time you should have stopped 10 minutes ago). Remember puking your guts out is painful, scary and **** boring.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gav
eat peanuts while you're drinking

didn't know about water making you puke eternal. that explains quite a bit. i'd stock up before going out (on water and milk - milk lines your stomach so it's good) and end up not being able to take any more than 5 beers without throwing it back up
Warm soda is good too. It settles your stomach. Cold soda doesn't work as well and actually might cause you to puke because of the carbination, whereas warm soda has less (or none). Just a heads up.

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a fun thing to do... If you have a cup or mug. Bang it, not so it shatters, on the top of a beer bottle. :D

EDITED

Last edited:

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it from me - an IRISH guy! :)

17 and you're drinking for the first time eh? Exact same as myself (i started when i was 17 also). I reckon you should drink two pints (about 3 bottles of beer) over the course of two hours and you should get a good buzz of it. DONT DRINK IT FAST THO!

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CapiCrimini
Oh my sister told me this worked. Never tried it. the bar owners before they'd drink a lot at night[being alcholoics, almost every night] would eat tons of greasy meaty pizza, lots of salt and grease...

they said this would let them drink more without becoming as drunk...

I'm not sure if I'm exactly right on super greasy pizza with salt. I'm pretty sure though.

She said she dranks a ton and woke up perfectly fine...

a fun thing to do... If you have a cup or mug. Bang it, not so it shatters, on the top of a beer bottle. :D
This is why you shouldn't follow advice from Capi. That will have you puking your guts up (almost literally.) The grease and spice will mix with the alochal which will make you and your trashcan the greatest ONS of your life.

Centy

Don Juan
Reaction score
alcohol dehydrates you. adding salt to the mix isnt a very smart idea.

just eat somethinh light before drinking. dont drink more than a couple of beers and dont mix spirits wth beer, ie have beer, then a vodka drink/shot, this will only **** you up big time.

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which would be why I left this disclaimer in thier...

I'm not sure if I'm exactly right on super greasy pizza with salt. I'm pretty sure though.
I'll ask her what it is next time I see her. I still remember it as realy greasy pizza.

-EDIT- And you know CK... just cause I go by the law of statistics isn't bad... a lot of DJ's and PUA's follow that rule too. If I get one answer out of 100 right... i'm doing pretty damn good.:p

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do NOT eat pizza, philly cheesesteak, ect. that is greasy. That will make you puke. Do not eat anything spicy. That will make you puke.

Stick to something light. Sandwhiches, peanuts, hot dogs, hamburgers, ect. Is great.

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol@americans for considering that hamburger is 'light'
?? I don't get it...

hey CK check the bible sticky... I left a note in there for you last post... you never saw it... plus I figure you don't want my post being the last one.:p ;) :p

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centy
lol@americans for considering that hamburger is 'light'
Haha, I mainly put it down for the bread. Same with a hotdog. :p

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silverwex
Take it from me - an IRISH guy! :)

17 and you're drinking for the first time eh? Exact same as myself (i started when i was 17 also). I reckon you should drink two pints (about 3 bottles of beer) over the course of two hours and you should get a good buzz of it. DONT DRINK IT FAST THO!
What? Forget the irish guy, take it from a mexican american. :D I started drinking when I was 13.

First thing, you do NOT WANT to mix beer with liqour/vodka/tequila/any of that stuff. As in mixing I mean as in drinking a few beers than go straight to vodka and all that other stuff. It also goes the other way, Vodka/tequila/liquor followed by beer is NOT GOOD. But you can mix vodka/tequila/liqour when drinkin. Trust me man, its bad for you. It will fu<k up your stomach.

2nd, take it easy man. Your not gonna be used to the taste of beer so take it easy, light sips. No big hugemonous chugs or else you'll feel like pukin. Eventually as you drink more (and this is gonna take months maybe), beerr will geneally taste like water so it gets better. :D

Im around your weight and it takes me 8 beers to feel buzzed. Just take it easy. As we all had bad experiances with beer.

One time I was visiting mexico for the summer (I did not want to go.. I hate mexico .. Only cause of the fact I dont know spanish.. lol and im mexican american) and I drank off my ass. I started falling everywhere and it was so bad, like aNal Eter (just kiddin Eternal :p ) I had someone check up on me every 15 minutes in a bedroom. I felt like dying.

But funny thing is I NEVER get hang overs. Guess I'm blessed eh?

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not put the puking eating menu... what is it...

rice, bread, oatmeal crackers or something?