Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First the Chrysler 300, and now the new Chrysler Imperial

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I almost bought a 300C but I passed it up due to the poor handling. I'm definitely a fan of the 300C design and this ride definitely looks classic. I'm feelin it.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Chrysler is becoming America's official bling-car brand.

Either way, I absolutely love this design. A lot of Rolls Royce, a bit of BMW, and quite a bit of old-school Chrysler Imperial all play into this design. It's 17 inches longer than the 300 and would be Chrysler's flagship.
The best part of it.. it is relatively new :)
In my opinion interior design was horrible on the previous models. On this new one it is better but still far from BMW, they spend most efforst on exterior and as the result the interior still sucks :(

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: First the Chrysler 300, and now the new Chrysler Imperial

Originally posted by al77
The best part of it.. it is relatively new :)
In my opinion interior design was horrible on the previous models. On this new one it is better but still far from BMW, they spend most efforst on exterior and as the result the interior still sucks :(
Well yeah, but tell me which will have a better interior out of similarly sized cars: a 35,000 dollar Chrysler 300C with 20,000 dollars spent pimping out the interior, or a 70-80,000 dollar BMW 745I? They are meant to be different classes of cars.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: First the Chrysler 300, and now the new Chrysler Imperial

Well yeah, but tell me which will have a better interior out of similarly sized cars: a 35,000 dollar Chrysler 300C with 20,000 dollars spent pimping out the interior, or a 70-80,000 dollar BMW 745I? They are meant to be different classes of cars.
Different classes in terms of the price? You think all good looking BMW are in $70-80k range?

OK, have a look at the interior of:

BMW Z4 Roadster 2.5i @$34,800
BMW X3 3.0i SAV @$36,800
BMW 325i, 325Ci 325xi, 330i, 330Ci all below $40k

http://www.bmwusa.com
http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/3/325ciCoupe/gallery.htm

All of them in the same price range by the way, but Chrysler seems have to work another 100 years just to make similar interior :(

Now all BMWs exterior design are good, but many may appear quite elegant. New Chrysler is anything but elegant though: big, tough... hmm like a truck (??!) I don't know what people in Chrysler had in mind.

I also noticed they gave you all kinds of spec, but "forget" about mpg. This is I assume a standard practice to "omit" things like that, especially when gas prices are not stable and seems going up.

Last edited:

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with al77 on this one. I'd much rather have a 3 series beamer then any chrystler. The interior on the 300 was anything but comfortable. Those suicide doors can't take my focus away from the tweed seating in this new car. It's like a wanna be bently or rolls that falls way short.

I doubt it's lacking in the power department though. Ever since Mercedes and Chrystler merged, their engines have been really beefted up. Still I'd stick with BMW, not every one of them is expencive like the 7 series.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ironic this should come up... I just got back from a trip with the girl I'm dating not but an hour or two ago... we went to Houston (from Baton Rouge) for the weekend in my Enterprise Rent-A-Car... and yes, it's a 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring Edition. To make a long story short, on Jan 1st I got rear-ended at a red light by a kid who admitted to looking away from the road. His insurance is footing my car rental until my own car can get fixed (estimated damage: $3100). After driving over 600 miles in the car, and having it for a full week (both on the trip and before it), I think I can say that it's sleek to look at, but a beast to handle. If you want precision cornering and the ability to parallel park, look elsewhere. If you want every head in the ghetto to turn when you make a mistake and get off on the wrong exit, get this car.

While the interior is nice, it's lackluster. There really aren't any options that make it stand out from any other car - and the storage space by ones elbow (right hand) in the center must have been designed by a practical joker. Opening it isn't too hard, but it raises so far up that you literally have to twist your hand at an extreme backwards angle then rotate your arm behind the thing, then push forward to close it. Hard to explain, but even harder to accomplish while driving.

The engine is great - acceleration is quick and responsive, and road noise is virtually nonexistant. However, as mentioned before it handles like it's a light truck instead of a 'touring sedan'. Since I'll be selling my car once it gets repaired, I thought that I should take a look at the 300 - now that I have, I'm glad I did... from the past week's performance, I'm going to be trading it in for another potential vehicle tomorrow morning.

Oh yeah, and one last pet peeve... if your seatbelt (or the passenger seatbelt) isn't buckled, you can't stop this demonic "DING DING DING DING DING" from eminating from somewhere deep in the car's bowels. I know, buckle up for safety, but come on... sometimes the thing would go nuts even if I didn't have anyone in the passenger seat, and the only way to get it to shut up was to buckle the empty seat next to me up.

Oh, another problem - I'm not sure if it's just because it's a rental car and has been abused, but the side mirror on the driver's side has popped loose - any bumps and it springs back and forth like the head of a jack-in-the-box.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: First the Chrysler 300, and now the new Chrysler Imperial

Different classes in terms of the price? You think all good looking BMW are in $70-80k range?

OK, have a look at the interior of:

BMW Z4 Roadster 2.5i @$34,800
BMW X3 3.0i SAV @$36,800
BMW 325i, 325Ci 325xi, 330i, 330Ci all below $40k

http://www.bmwusa.com
http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/3/325ciCoupe/gallery.htm

All of them in the same price range by the way, but Chrysler seems have to work another 100 years just to make similar interior :(

Now all BMWs exterior design are good, but many may appear quite elegant. New Chrysler is anything but elegant though: big, tough... hmm like a truck (??!) I don't know what people in Chrysler had in mind.

I also noticed they gave you all kinds of spec, but "forget" about mpg. This is I assume a standard practice to "omit" things like that, especially when gas prices are not stable and seems going up.
Are you even paying attention? I said SIMILARLY SIZED. The 3, 5, and Z4 are OBVIOUSLY differently sized than the 300, and the 7-series is the size comparison. Get it? If you don't, feel free to read it again.

As for MPG, don't be an idiot. It has the exact same engine as the Chrysler 300C, so go look up the specs for that, and possibly take away 1 MPG to account for the size increase. But if you are buying a car that will be as expensive as this one (40-50 grand), you don't care about gas. Not to mention they haven't even tested the damn thing on the EPA scale yet, so they wouldn't be giving out mileage numbers anyways.

As for the interior differences, of course a 7-series will have a better quality interior, but I'm not going to pay 30,000 dollars more for a 750Li just so I can get a nice interior and an ostentatious Bangle-butt. I like the interior on this car, and if I find anything I don't like, if I have enough money already to buy this, I'll have enough money to get custom jobs done on it.

As for what Chrysler had in mind, here's what they had in mind: bringing back the old-school land yacht American luxury sedan, with modern enough technology to compete with today's best. Designwise, the idea is to bring Bentley and Rolls Royce style to the masses. With the interiors, you get what you pay for in a car that big for that cheap, but if you have the money and don't like the interior, but want the rest of the car, customize it.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PRMoon
I'm with al77 on this one. I'd much rather have a 3 series beamer then any chrystler. The interior on the 300 was anything but comfortable. Those suicide doors can't take my focus away from the tweed seating in this new car. It's like a wanna be bently or rolls that falls way short.

I doubt it's lacking in the power department though. Ever since Mercedes and Chrystler merged, their engines have been really beefted up. Still I'd stick with BMW, not every one of them is expencive like the 7 series.
Of course it's not going to be as good as a Rolls. It costs 8 times less.

As far as engines though, standard it will have the 340-horsepower Hemi from the 300C. Rumored options include the 425-horsepower Hemi from the SRT-8 and the 500+ horsepower Viper V10.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Ironic this should come up... I just got back from a trip with the girl I'm dating not but an hour or two ago... we went to Houston (from Baton Rouge) for the weekend in my Enterprise Rent-A-Car... and yes, it's a 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring Edition. To make a long story short, on Jan 1st I got rear-ended at a red light by a kid who admitted to looking away from the road. His insurance is footing my car rental until my own car can get fixed (estimated damage: $3100). After driving over 600 miles in the car, and having it for a full week (both on the trip and before it), I think I can say that it's sleek to look at, but a beast to handle. If you want precision cornering and the ability to parallel park, look elsewhere. If you want every head in the ghetto to turn when you make a mistake and get off on the wrong exit, get this car.

While the interior is nice, it's lackluster. There really aren't any options that make it stand out from any other car - and the storage space by ones elbow (right hand) in the center must have been designed by a practical joker. Opening it isn't too hard, but it raises so far up that you literally have to twist your hand at an extreme backwards angle then rotate your arm behind the thing, then push forward to close it. Hard to explain, but even harder to accomplish while driving.

The engine is great - acceleration is quick and responsive, and road noise is virtually nonexistant. However, as mentioned before it handles like it's a light truck instead of a 'touring sedan'. Since I'll be selling my car once it gets repaired, I thought that I should take a look at the 300 - now that I have, I'm glad I did... from the past week's performance, I'm going to be trading it in for another potential vehicle tomorrow morning.

Oh yeah, and one last pet peeve... if your seatbelt (or the passenger seatbelt) isn't buckled, you can't stop this demonic "DING DING DING DING DING" from eminating from somewhere deep in the car's bowels. I know, buckle up for safety, but come on... sometimes the thing would go nuts even if I didn't have anyone in the passenger seat, and the only way to get it to shut up was to buckle the empty seat next to me up.

Oh, another problem - I'm not sure if it's just because it's a rental car and has been abused, but the side mirror on the driver's side has popped loose - any bumps and it springs back and forth like the head of a jack-in-the-box.
Sounds like the entire car was in bad condition. When I worked at the Pontiac/GMC dealer in Carlsbad, I got the opportunity to drive a gently used Dodge Magnum SXT that we had on our lot as a used car. For a car of its heft, the cornering was DAMN good, beating out cars that weighed 500 pounds less. There were none of the odd quirks like the insane belt buckle. Mirrors were obviously in good condition. Every problem you named except for parallel parking and the center console was a result of the car being run into the ground.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every problem you named except for parallel parking and the center console was a result of the car being run into the ground.
I wouldn't doubt it - the car has 22k miles on it already - I guess nobody bothers to take care of a rental like they would their own... :rolleyes:

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
I guess nobody bothers to take care of a rental like they would their own... :rolleyes:
off topic

new years day, me and another guy killed a rental NISSAN MAXIMA. it had 9 000 on it when we took it out. drove it to a parking lot in toronto (~300km away) and beat on it untill the transmision died. I was suprised. I thought it wold take a lot more then it did.

took the buss home (4 hour drive):D

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First the Chrysler 300, and now the new Chrysler Imperial

Are you even paying attention? I said SIMILARLY SIZED. The 3, 5, and Z4 are OBVIOUSLY differently sized than the 300, and the 7-series is the size comparison. Get it? If you don't, feel free to read it again.

As for what Chrysler had in mind, here's what they had in mind: bringing back the old-school land yacht American luxury sedan, with modern enough technology to compete with today's best. Designwise, the idea is to bring Bentley and Rolls Royce style to the masses. With the interiors, you get what you pay for in a car that big for that cheap, but if you have the money and don't like the interior, but want the rest of the car, customize it.
You are right about sizes.
Lets look at what we know:
1. Chrysler is bigger and cheaper than comparable in price BMWs.
(Hey, trucks are bigger and cheaper too)
2. Chrysler eats more gas than comparable BMWs
3. Chrysler interior desing sucks.
4. When you buy that new Chrysler, millions of other American immediatelly will buy exactly the same car, the newness is disappearing quickly. (Buy any BMW and it will be have frech look forver).
5. Chrysler exterior design is not better than BMW's. It is new, all rirght, but once they start selling it... it will get old quickly.
6. Reliabity - Chrysler never had anything spectacular in this area.
BMW always had decent reliability history.

So once again: what do you exactly like about the new Chrysler?
Big wheels and big size? ;) You can't be satisfied with slightly smaller BMW?
I mean lets face it: Chrysler did a lot fo work, but did they come up with a great product?

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First the Chrysler 300, and now the new Chrysler Imperial

You are right about sizes.
Lets look at what we know:
1. Chrysler is bigger and cheaper than comparable in price BMWs.

----------------Obviously.

(Hey, trucks are bigger and cheaper too)

----------------Shut up.

2. Chrysler eats more gas than comparable BMWs

---------------- The 300C and 750Li are both rated at 17 city, 25 highway.

----------------Wrong, and especially not for its price.

4. When you buy that new Chrysler, millions of other American immediatelly will buy exactly the same car, the newness is disappearing quickly. (Buy any BMW and it will be have frech look forver).

----------------As if millions of other Americans didn't already have BMWs too, right? Shut up.

5. Chrysler exterior design is not better than BMW's. It is new, all rirght, but once they start selling it... it will get old quickly.

----------------Chrysler's recent designs will be classics for years to come. BMW's exterior designs lately are plagued by Bangle Butt, and are anywhere from alright to uglier than hell.

----------------Interesting how the V8 Chrysler and the 7-series were almost the same in reliability. Do your homework and stop spouting cliches.

So once again: what do you exactly like about the new Chrysler?
Big wheels and big size? ;) You can't be satisfied with slightly smaller BMW?

----------------Are you from Queens or something? I don't give two sh*ts about you or your sexual fetish for BMW. The Chrysler has the style, the vintage American look, and drives damn nicely too, WITHOUT costing 50,000 dollars more than it should.

I mean lets face it: Chrysler did a lot fo work, but did they come up with a great product?

----------------They did, but you're too busy sucking Chris Bangle's d*ck to notice. All you've done is pass off opinion as fact and make up lies, so far. Wanna try again.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First the Chrysler 300, and now the new Chrysler Imperial

Lets review you arguments:

1. (Hey, trucks are bigger and cheaper too)
----------------Shut up.

2. ---------------- The 300C and 750Li are both rated at 17 city, 25 highway.

----------------Wrong, and especially not for its price.

4. ----------------As if millions of other Americans didn't already have BMWs too, right? Shut up.

5. ----------------Chrysler's recent designs will be classics for years to come. BMW's exterior designs lately are plagued by Bangle Butt, and are anywhere from alright to uglier than hell.

----------------Interesting how the V8 Chrysler and the 7-series were almost the same in reliability. Do your homework and stop spouting cliches.
1. Nice argument
2. I checked, yes, it is similar.
3. This is a problem. If you pay $30k you want to have a good interior too. Maybe "it is good for its price" but I guess for $30k it is horrible. If you pay $10k for car, sure the interior might not be impressive. But if you pay 3 times of that... you still have similar interior? What do their designer think??
Look, there is no question BMWs interior is much better.
Let me ask you this about Chrysler now: is its interior design that good for a car in $30+ range?
4. What do you mean? I see 300C maybe 20 times a day, they are everywhere now. Do you want to say you see as many 300C as BMWs? Exetrior: BMW has style, Chrysler maybe has its own style but huge number of 300C on the roads kills its attractiveness. Really do you want to buy what every other nighbour has?
5. Yes, new BMW exterior was not super impressive. But what makes Chrysler better? that GM&Ford cannot even come up with anything remotely good looking?
6. I did.

Consumerreport.org: "Reliability of the V8 is poor".
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=2006&make=Chrysler&model=300

"We fully expect reliability to be average to below average"
http://www.cartalk.com/content/testdrives/Reviews/chrysler-300c-2005.html

Where is your data?

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That car is completly awesome, the only thing I dont like in the design it the trunk sticks out a little. Aside from that though Awesome looking exterior, interior, and the specs sound good. I want one... But more likely ide get a base model 300c for the cheaper price.