Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

first post-advice needed-long read- worth it

Subtext

Reaction score
ok, i've been looking around this site and seems like there's plenty people here with knowledge of the female race...so i'll present my situation for analysis.
be warned...this is odyssey length(mid-september-now)....but since you clicked you must be marginally interested eh? and for the record i'm 18. don't
ok
school started, in one of my classes there was a pretty hot girl.
i wasn't brain tripping on this girl exactly, but i noticed her.
she would be real vocal in class and when there would be a discussion or whatever she would chip in on what i was talking about et cetera.
she would turn around and take my water bottle, start asinine interactions, ask about football, basically all the good stuff. i was on point, ****y, gruff.
it was going pretty well. there was a field trip to some farm, i jacked a melon and we ate it together, shot the breeze.
we were talking one day and i was kinda joking around like "yeah im the best at football ya know, they call me swifty and everything." she was like "do you know swifty?" ( i make music under that name and apparently my reputation had preceeded me....hahaha yes!)i just played it cool like" yeah i know him real well" and a lucky interruption ended it at that.
relationship stayed good, we would be lab partners and what not, she always seemed real attentive, body language was cool. she was interested that i was from hawaii, suggested we take a trip. i said yeah sounds good i have money in the bank anyway. so that plan was made(i knew it would fall thru, every girl i meet says she wants to go to hawaii with me...and im 0 for 3. but hey, it builds comradery, gives us something to talk about.)
cut to a nearby weekend, im at a party with 2 of her friends, operating in perfect player form, got em laughing, entertaining, showing them my music, etc. one of them is texting her and blah blah so shes on the phone and she wants to talk to me. "oh my god you're swifty oh jeez your so cool blah blah" seems to me everything's going great with this girl. i have her trust, her affection, and **** now i have social value and skill(napoleon dynamite:chicks only want guys who have skills) i said she should come over, she declined for the night, **** thats fine.
round this time she was showing all the perfect signs...saying stuff like "i know i haven't known you that long but i really trust you" and "i actually think of stuff in other classes to talk to you about"..."you're so witty"...
she was talking about some reggae she likes and she said she'd make a mix cd for me (i know) there were some love songs on there but i don't think it was one like that. she wanted a hawaii local shirt from me for some reason.(weird but kinda cool...usually i have to go on a date and "forget" my **** at their house to give them a reason to think of me.) i gave her an astro day 2004 shirt sans cologne.
this is the high water mark before the tide started going up and down.
cut to....mid october methinks.
talked about an upcoming barter faire(hippy gathering) she said she wanted to go so i invited her. acted stoked until the moment it came to it...and she flaked.(she still talks about how she wishes she could have gone...and this is january...god damn i wish she would have gone too...3 days camping can do wonders for a budding relationship)
still, things are ok.
for about 3 weekends there were plans to meet up. i called, got machines, she said leave messages, i left one brief one, never got a reply, by this time my warning lights are going off. i tell myself im gonna cut her off, and so one friday i said
"ive got good news"
what?
"we're actually gonna hang out this weekend, because im tired of **** not working out so now its gonna happen"
teehee sweet sounds cool call me
no reply, 2 tries, still trying to keep baby powder on my left if you know what i mean....position isn't looking hopeless but damn.
see her, ask what happened this weekend, she came out with a super guilty puppy look like...oh jeez im sorry i was up at (ski resort) all weekend"
my mouth: "okay"(trying hard to not say submissive things like "that's okay, or "well im just sayin!" with exposed palms and all...trying to keep the game up, blank stare, palms down, no forgiveness given or implied but not rude with it.)
my mind:"***** you done done it. i quit"
i guess the next important event was her skipping out on hawaii.
i picked out the orbitz tickets and everything, plan was set, she was super stoked(her words) and when the day came to get them..."oh yeah i was gonna call you but i ate dinner then went to the gym and it was late then and i almost called you."(around this time her new catchphrases became: "i almost called you", and "you should have come". all the time she would, and still is, saying this to me.) she says we should still go...i know im being shined on. i take my first pseudo hard edge and say"alright whatever the balls in your court when you decide what you want to do you can contact me"
at this point things became...not frosty...but sugar coated ****, ya dig? like passive aggressive...if i was having an off day she'd say things like 'how come you never say hi to me anymore? you've changed" i know the number one rule of game is don't snap at them so i didn't bite back.
right before christmas break i busted out the "why don't you ever say hi to me anymore?" and was rebutted with the "blah blah(don't remember exact words) no need to be rude" at this point silence is my friend. that's like being dropped in a minefield. i played it cool and escaped.
christmas break, no contact
right after christmas break she was all gooey again. pfft alright then.
way gooey.
she says she has a christmas present for me...she's like "do you know theres a new sushi place around here? you should take me..."
"she also said we should get some really good meatball subs at some place...
ok sounds cool.
but not today she says. i already have the impression she's a pretty busy person but jesus i refuse to put out all the effort....makes me look like a douche, so its not like im gonna call her daily and stuff asking to take her on dates. at this point im really thinking that she doesn't like me, that she's just way friendly. but im still dubious about the friend zone because she would say certain things.(when i was joking around about coming to school naked she was like "yeah you should" but in a sexy way that was just....****.
and another time there was some conversational prompt and she was like "i bet (me) likes to dominate" and looked at me like....whooo trust me i was on rock til i could get alone and beat the sense out of my ****.)
anyway, i decide to make her a song in exchange for whatever it was she was giving me.
i made a lighthearted semi-romantic song. despite the fact that my feelings were frustrated, to say the least. the song wasn't all dramatic, didn't have the word love in it, but got my point across and undeniably admitted that i liked her.
turned out her present for me was a cd of atmosphere(rapper) she says his song 'finding a balance" reminds her of me. she also got me a couple snapple peach teas(she knows its my favorite liquid.) i split them with her and gave her the song i made. rapport was back up to a very high level.
next time she sees me she has high praises for the song "it's the best present anyone's given me" and she really liked it apparently. she said we should get some coffee(perfect, since the song suggested that i've done my part and its her move) friday was the plan(date?)
this was last friday.
cut to friday, she did the blood drive and she said she felt too ****ty to do anything. (loss of blood or whatever)
i was real friendly, and took it in stride but jesus man, this is really becoming some bull**** in my opinion...its january already.
i think her excuse was genuine....if it wasnt it was sly.
she actually even called later that day to apologize again...it was weird because she just said sorry in the same ways she said it in person...i almost suspected she had else to say but im only about 20 percent sure.
saturday she went to prom (back in...november(?) she was going to go with a guy as friends, but he found a girlfriend and flaked, she mentioned how sad it was to me, but not in a very suggestive manner so i didn't ask her. then she found this other dude...and she acted bummed about having to go to prom because she was gonna miss a concert...i think she was trying to send a message of "yeah i've got this social obligation to fulfill but i really don't like him" or maybe that was the optimist in me running wild.)
so now i'm at where i'm at. since our failed outing on friday she hasn't tried to contact me and to be honest im ready to hang up the gloves.
i really just want to say "look, bottom line is i like you and you don't feel the same, so quit stringing me along."
but i could never be that upfront because that would mess up all the game i've invested already.
sooo....bottom line: i keep trying to hang out with her...it keeps not working out...rest of it is in the post...is she stringing me along? should i say **** it? is she just polite?
personally i'm leaning towards she's just friendly and has attracted more attention from me than she wishes she had...so im about ready to give up...depending on if this coffee thing ever works out.
i see her again on thursday.
help me.

bigw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Far out you weren't wrong about a long read. :nervous:

Subtext

Reaction score
cliff notes:

this chick seems really into me,
things went great til it came to hanging out outside of school
she always flakes but still always acts like she wants to do things.
is she too polite to reject me?
im trying to decide if i should hang up the gloves

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shes a tease and thrives on the fact that u continuelly try to get with her even after flakes.
fvck that, next ehr azz. and amek sure she hears about u trying with toher grils. jealousy is a b!tch.

Subtext

Reaction score
man that helped so much to hear that from someone else, i was already heavily leaning that way... should i make my pissed off feelings known or just kinda start ignoring her?

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its really up to you.
in my book shes still an option because, if shes like the girl who taught me this lesson, later when she sees you with other girls/people she'll be intrigued by the new person you've become...so i find it best to jsut leave it alone and not make ur anger known.
Afterall what will making her know shes a b!tch do? nothing, except prove that you were hurt by her lil mind-tactics.
but do be a d!ck to her lol.

Subtext

Reaction score
well the thing that's been crazy to me is how she's been the one inviting me places lately. but i guess she just wants to get a bit of ego boost when i say ok? should i start saying no i dont want to go to (place) with you? because lately i've just been like...alright sounds good we'll see if it actually happens this time.
but aside from that speedbump, the advice sounds...sound
man, it's gonna be rough to quit the chase without a piece of meat,
but it must be done.
thanks.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice Patrick.