"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

First Possible Date In awile: advice

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Alright here's the history real quick before the question...

So I met this girl on the elevator at my college in the dorms, she lives on floor down from me. It was parents weekend and she got on with her laundry and my mom and I were on and my mom started talking very kindly to me and her.

The girl had also (by chance only) worked out next to me a few days later on a stationary bike at the dorm's workout facility (it was packed).

So last night, about a week after, I saw her at a party on a Thursday night and I started talking to her and we remembered each other and she told me she would've said hi to me at the gym but she would've felt weird doing it because everyone is soo quiet in there and she likes friendly people. She told me how she likes to keep in shape and she asked me if I go everyday or when I go to workout. I jokingly told her she could spot for me next time I go and then I got her number. We also talked about her coming up to our floor sometime to party.

Now, that I have the number my problem is this...

I want to get to know her and have a personal connection before I bring her to my floor around all my horny friends who'll be macking on her, and considering it will be fair advantage because I barely know her too....

how should I go about getting to know her better without setting up a FORMAL date? I want us to be alone together so we can chat and stuff.

(by the way, I just came out of a huge 2 1/2 year relationship which ended 1 week after I went to the college to be with the girl)
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

TheNonPedant

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
why not make it a date?....all a date is is getting to know them anyway.

make it be known....set up a date just for the 2 of you....it'll let you know where you stand if she accepts or not.


btw...shoulda said something on the bike...would show n you had
bigger bal ls.
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
Just call her asking something like: "Hey! wanna come with me to do XPTO or go XPTO??"
 

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Originally posted by TheNonPedant
why not make it a date?....all a date is is getting to know them anyway.

make it be known....set up a date just for the 2 of you....it'll let you know where you stand if she accepts or not.


btw...shoulda said something on the bike...would show n you had
bigger bal ls.
Yeah, this all sounds good and well to ask her on a date, but isn't the DJ theory to NOT formally ask her out on a date because she'll run for the hills?

Also, what would be a good thing to talk about or do when I'm at the gym with her? To keep it light hearted and so that I'm not just sweating my ass off and huffing too much to talk? Should I help her with her sets? Should I teach her? I don't want to be over her shoulder all the time ya know... to scare her off... help out ya'll!!
 

TheNonPedant

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
you think about it too much....think about it objectively.

how would you see someone doing it as being successful?

then do it.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
Well you need to just find something in your life that you do and ask her to come along - thats a DJ date - its really that simple.

For instance... "hi... I'm heading out for a walk for some exercise later on tonight... wanna come along?"

"hey... I'm heading to the gym around 7pm... wanna meet up at the gym... after we shower up we can head out for a coffee..."

"wazzup?!... I'm heading downtown saturday morning to check out my favourite bike store and grab a bite at (insert some simple restaurant) ... wanna come along?"

What do you talk about with her? Well ask her about fun things she does or that you two have in common.

Have fun with it!
 
Top