"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

First date

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
638
Reaction score
1
Well I've only been on 5 dates in my life (all of them first dates) and this one was definately the worst. The main reasons it sucked so much was 1. I had to drive 50 minutes (in a car with no cruise control) to meet her at her HS to see a play with her so she could get extra credit, and 2. I only said maybe 10 words to her the whole night because she was so busy either talking on the cell phone, or talking to her friends, when we weren't watching the play. The only positive thing about the whole evening was that it was actually a pretty good play.

Should I give this girl a second chance or not? I don't plan on asking her to go out again, seeing as this girl pretty much insulted me tonight (least that's how I see it), but if she asks me to do something with her again should I say yes or should I just next her? Keep in my mind I was pretty reluctant to go to this play but she insisted I come and also said that it would be pretty fun.

It's kind of strange though, yesterday at the community college I talked to a girl (though I didn't recognize her at first) whom I went on a date with almost a year ago(she was the most recent before this newest girl) who claimed that after our first date she had tried to call me several times but I never picked up. I never remember seeing her name on my caller ID so she may have made it up. Either way I wish I had gotten her number again yesterday, she actually looked a bit better from the last time I saw her.

Sorry for the rant its just been a crappy evening and I have finals next week :mad: .

Thanks for any replies
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Bunk 040

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Originally posted by GlutusMaximus86

Thanks for any replies
Well sorry to point out, but you aint got many and there is a reason why!

First off, your a big ass AFC and you need to change. 1 date per year? WTF?? Go meet way more women...please.

You made a few mistakes:
1. Driving 50 minutes to a chicks school? For her school points?
- Never do anything out of your way again for anybody that your not smashing.

2. You sat their and watched this chick talk on her cell phone? and to her friends?
- Never let that **** slide, I don't care who the chicken is! If it was yo boy Bunk, I woulda moved away from her and next to some of her friends. If she disrespects you don't let that slide.

3. Posting this **** on her!

You should know that this chick doesn't deserve a damn thang from you. Be your own man. You don't owe this broad nothing. But why hang out with chicks from the past? Go meet some new ones, seeing that you don't know many.
 

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
you know bunk, most people who come here are afc. that's why they're here. they came here to improve, so they obviously know that there's a problem. they don't need to be criticized about everything they say, but they could use a bit of advice to help them along the way here and there. aside from that, you did say some useful stuff.

Glutus, you definitely shouldn't have put up with her sitting there on the phone the whole time, especially considering the inconvenience of you having to drive clear the hell up there for the date. that also was kind of a problem. you really shouldn't have to drive so far out of your way so she can have somebody to sit by her while she gets her credit or whatever for class.

finally, in the future, you need to automatically go for phone numbers. you can get the number and later realize that you don't want to hook up, but it's pretty hard to decide after you missed your shot to find her again and get the digits. this is especially true when, as you said, she's got a nice body. :D
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
My friend, experienced or not, don't ever let the cell phone thing happen again. Once for 2 minutes, FINE. If it;s a casual call that is. If it's another casual call and she stays on again, I walk.
 

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
638
Reaction score
1
Well I never claimed to be a DJ. The main reason its been almost a year since my last date is because after the 4th date(which was right at the end of the school year) I realized I needed to improve a lot over the summer. I did a lot of reading over the summer and was actually getting somewhere. Then on my second day of school I fall to the floor and have a seizure. I lose my license for 4 months (which around here that's like losing your best friend). During that 4 months I put off djing completly becuase I had so much medical crap to go through, and also I obviously couldn't drive. I prolly shouldn't have done that, I realize that now, and I've been trying trying to pretty much pull myself from the ashes since then. I don't mind being insulted and called an AFC over the net, but I just felt I needed to explain myself.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top