"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

First Date Results - Boot Camp

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
So I finally went out on a date... it was with an hb 7.5 that I've known for a little while. It went kinda rocky, but not sure how to interpret some of the stuff that went on.

I had asked her out several times before, each time she had either not called me back or said she was busy so I had almost decided to ditch her. I decided to give her one more chance before she flew home for break. I called her up a few hours before and asked if she was free for dinner.

Seeing that I'm a quiet type and probably not the best when it comes to convo, I was worried there would be a lot of awkward silences and stuff. But, on the way there she was constantly talking, changing the subject every 30 seconds or so. I don't think there was silence for longer than 5 seconds.

HER: That's where I saw you pulling out the other day (pointing to an intersection), me and my roomate were going to the post office, she's constantly selling things on ebay, I've tried to buy a few things but I've always been outbid.
ME: Yeah, I used to buy and sell stuff on there all the time.
HER: My roomate said she got me a Christmas present off of there but it won't arrive until after Christmas. I can't wait until i go home for xmas break, when I get home, I'm going to take my little sister to go see Sponge Bob
ME: O? How old is she? (the only thing I could think of)
HER: 10, this car still has that new-cars
ME: Yeah, I bought it from some internation guy that's a student at our college name, he kept it in pretty good condition.
HER: I dated an international guy once. It was funny he would say stuff like "...
:
HER: Man, this campus is so empty
ME: Yeah, it is kinda wierd looking. So are you the only one left on your hall?
HER: Yeah, the RA's left this morning. I like it, it's so quite, and I walk around wearing whatever I want
:
: Later while eating
:
Her: "...graduate school eventually. So do you like this music?"
I wasn't even paying attention to and could hardly here the restraunts background music.

You get the general idea.

Then while I was looking at her, the lane I was in kinda ended, so I found myself driving on the grass going about 30 MPH...

Her: "Yeah, when I was learning how to drive I used to..."
grrr, I have been driving for a couple years now.
I was really embarressed.

The dinner was kinda the same convo style, me just nodding, "yeah, I know what you mean" kinda thing. She would ask me questions every now and then. I ended up doing probably 30% of the talking.

She was leaning forward the whole time, rarely made ec with me, but played w/hair a few times.

So after we were both finished and I had paid the waiter

ME: Stood up "so, you ready to go?"
HER: "You don't want to wait for your change?"

... didn't help with the embarressment any.

So I dropped her off, she said we should definantly see a play somtime (what I had originally asked her out for but she canceled on) I just said "yeah, we'll have to do that".

She's 2.5 years older than me.

So in a way I'm happy that i finally went out with someone but in a way I feel really stupid.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
2,393
Reaction score
14
Location
At home
You weren't ****y.
You weren't funny.
You didn't apply some crazy new ****.
You didn't use neg hits.
You didn't use NLP.

That, by seing your post.

You need to relax man.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
What is nlp?

Yeah, I could have made a joke about it, but because I was embarressed and just trying to get myself back on the road, that was the last thing I was thinking about.

Cause right before, she was talking about how she wanted to get a jeep, so I should have made some comment about "ok, now that I think about it, I should probably get a jeep too, this escort isn't as good off-road as I had hoped".
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Do you even like this chick.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Yeah, she's awesome, and really cute. She kinda has a shy/quiet personality. Like when I would see her in the hall she would just wave. Maybe this is just her after opening up a bit?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
2,393
Reaction score
14
Location
At home
NLP- Neuro Linguistic Programming.... used for...subliminal seduction.

ME: Yeah, I used to buy and sell stuff on there all the time.
HER: My roomate said she got me a Christmas present off of there
You: Oh.. you meant THAT place... I was refering to that slave market over there.

HER: I dated an international guy once.
You: I hired a international slave once...



he would say stuff like"...
You: Interesting

I like it, it's so quite, and I walk around wearing whatever I want
You: Meaning.. .nothing?

Her: "...graduate school eventually. So do you like this music?"
I wasn't even paying attention to and could hardly here the restraunts background music.
You: Oh.. I LOVE this... I prefer tupac though. (If the music was pop, rock).


Her: "Yeah, when I was learning how to drive I used to..."
You: I'm just waiting for you to chaiffeur (sp?) me.

She would ask me questions every now and then.
You should answer to her boring questions with things that don't make sense:

Her: So, what do you think of ____?
You: I don't really know. ...*pause* Though vegetarians do generaly tend to have a bad mood. ... Come on, let's get out of here.. look, back here there is *you grab her.. and take her somewhere "exicting"*.

Get another mindset man... she should feel stupid because she didn't get a goodbye kiss or something.
 

saki

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Location
kali
samependo,
Those were good c + f's but did you sit around and think about those responses or were they just natural? Suxs caz I know where skinny's coming from, when your nervous, its really hard to be funny, esp. the first date. How do you get this mind set?
 

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
2,393
Reaction score
14
Location
At home
First tell me, why are you nervous?
 

saki

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Location
kali
Originally posted by skinnydart
Because I ran off the freiken road! :(
screw the running off the road thing, that shiit is funny. I am talking about the initial awkwardness of getting to know somebody. did you always just spit c and f's or is there some way to work on it without being drunk as fvck?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

waldo

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2002
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
UK
Well done, every big change starts with a small step.

You might not think you did amazingly well but you didn't make any major goofs (well apart from almost crashing your car by the sounds of things!). I'd give yourself a big pat on the back then go and ask out another girl, go for exactley the same date with her and you'll find yourself so much more confident and relaxed. Simply because you now have some experience. (That was your first date I guess?)

Anyway big thumbs up, did you go in for the kiss at any point?
 

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
2,393
Reaction score
14
Location
At home

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
873
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Alberta
about looking at the her and going off the road

i would have teased her and blamed her in a playful way somehow. Dont get embarissed, that shows ill-confidence. Chalk it up and make a joke out of it.
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
It seems like you did a good job of making conversation, but did you make INTERESTING conversation? Did you make her laugh? Did you talk about real common interests? Did you find out things about her you never knew before? Hell, did you do anything that could even be interpreted as flirting?

You did a good job of keeping the convo going with questions, but if you don't spice things up a bit more, the girl is going to feel like she's at a job interview.


EDIT: To give an example, when you accidentally drove off the road, instead of being embarassed you could've just said something like "Relax, I was just testing the vehicle's off-road capabilities." Nothing fancy, but it turns the situation into a joke she will laugh about, rather than trying to empathize with your embarassment.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
the girl is going to feel like she's at a job interview
What? I only did 30% of the talking. She talked most of the time. I usually am funny/really sarcastic with her which makes her laugh, but I just wasn't quick enough that night for some reason.

I did find out a lot about her, but not nessisarily because I asked a lot of questions.

She did suggest going to see a play sometime when I dropped her off so I'm assuming that's a good sign.
give yourself a big pat on the back then go and ask out another girl
Are you saying I shouldn't ask this one out again?
did you go in for the kiss at any point?
I know it sounds bad, but I've never touched a girl in my life. (with the exception of handshakes at corporate business meetings :rolleyes: )
To give an example, when you accidentally drove off the road...
Yeah, I'm normally really good at coming up with stuff like that, and came up with about 10 a min after the incident. But with rush hour traffic flying by me, getting back on the road took a higher priority than making myself appear funny.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
P.S. How do I start (or practice) the kino. Seeing that I've never done it, it's going to seem really uncomfortable for me and therefore make it obvious to her. What am I supossed to practice on?
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
Your thing must be having fun with what your're talking about, and not being concerned the whole time on what you're telling, and if you're pleasing the girl with your talk!

You'll be good when you have fun with the convo, and she'll be digging it!
 
Top