Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First date options

Glassguy

Reaction score
1.) Join me for a drink
2.) Join me for a drink
3.) Join me for a drink
4.) "Im going to grab a drink at such and such place on Tuesday evening. You should join me" lol.

Too many threads on here about what to do on a first date. I like to keep it simple and just invite her to do one of the 4 things above lol.

Think about this:
1.) You want to keep it simple. Give yourself an option to bail in case there is no vibe. You can easily do this when you just meet for a drink. You do not want to be stuck in something that is going to last 1-2 hours and be a prisoner to the date if things arent going well.

2.) You want to keep it cheap. Thats right.....CHEAP. This woman has done NOTHING yet to earn an expensive dinner, horseback riding, skydiving, a concert, sporting event, etc. You can do those things later to REWARD a chick for good behavior.

3.) This is possibly the most important- You want to start out simple and cheap so if there is a good vibe and you both want to see each other again, she isnt expecting some over the top date. If you start with something over the top, you are inviting her to go out with you again for the event, not necessarily to spend more time with you. If you start with meeting for a drink you can always do something more later on if things are working out (1-2 months) but she wont be expecting a $75 meal like a gold digger. No woman is going to waste her time over a drink if she isnt really that into you, but plenty will show up to get that prime rib or filet if the tab is on you, knowing d@mn well she isnt going to ever sleep with you.

Keep it simple. You are laying the ground work for future dates and you do not want to attract gold diggers.

One alternative that I will do on a SECOND date is invite them to shoot a couple games of pool and enjoy a drink or two there. Again, its not the first date option and it still gives me an easy way out to cut the second date short if things arent working out.

Happy Hunting.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've been going on a lot of action dates lately, mainly walks or hikes and then maybe a drink or ice cream after(usually ice cream). This keeps it both cheap and able to do something a little more interesting.

Drinks are not ideal here because you are forced to buy a food item by law now which increases the cost. Hike and ice cream is maybe $8-10 versus $30 for drinks/food. That difference adds up when you are going on a lot of first dates.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been going on a lot of action dates lately, mainly walks or hikes and then maybe a drink or ice cream after(usually ice cream). This keeps it both cheap and able to do something a little more interesting.

Drinks are not ideal here because you are forced to buy a food item by law now which increases the cost. Hike and ice cream is maybe $8-10 versus $30 for drinks/food. That difference adds up when you are going on a lot of first dates.
In a non-COVID world, drinks should be your default choice for a 1st date 90%+ of the time. It's very rare to use to an activity date as a first date. If you met her on a swipe app and have just conversed behind an electronic screen, it is highly unlikely to find out that she's going to be able to enjoy one of your favorite activities at the same level. You've got a better opportunity to utilize an activity date if you've met her through some in-person means and had a semi lengthy conversations. However, most in-person dates are sourced through conversations of 10 minutes or less in some public place. That doesn't lend itself to activity based first dates. If you meet her through your social circle, that's probably the best case for using an activity first date. A lot of social circle meetings are not happening now because mass gatherings aren't happening. Social circle sourced dates often get put together at private residence holiday parties (Dec-Jan holidays, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day).

Dinner dates should be avoided at all costs in the early stages. I think some men are doing more of them now due to COVID restrictions, but it is still a bad idea.

Trojan3000

Banned
Reaction score
If a girl likes you enough, you can do whatever.. You can take a stroll damn a dog park for all she cares on a first date.

I got a buncha diff first date **** i do. im not going to list them out for you though.. be your own damn man. way too many losers out here who need to follow guidelines, concepts like redpill bluepill, read tons of books on women, etc.. ****ing robots.

Serenity

Reaction score
Sure, that works. Although I don't mind a dinner date if I feel like eating out anyways, but on a first date I expect to split the bill.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty of women that would take you up on that just to get a free drink. Some drinks can be very expensive. If you go for this option, you need to be careful how you handle it. It's better to take the menu yourself and ask her what she wants rather than letting her speak directly to the waiter. Or go to a place where you have to order at the bar and tell her to sit down and wait whilst you get the order. Also, be ready to bail if she starts giving you an attitude.