first aproach in a while

Demon Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met this argentinian chick in class. I had talked to her a couple times before. I sat next to her today and chatted with her and got some laughs from her. At the end of class I get her #, then she says to text her. I mention I do not have text and ask if she has minutes. She says she does not answer the phone usually. So I get her email. She was leaning over the desk towards me as I was writing and almost ran her face into my pencil so I do not think she was being dishonest about her # or email. Now how do you suggest asking out and building report with a chick via email?

blueline

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"hey what's up i thought you seemed pretty cool, let's go grab a coffee at [time] on [day]"

don't bother building rapport, you build rapport on the date. she either likes you and wants to **** or doesn't.

Demon Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I emailed.

hi ,
Its Demon from GEOL/BIO 301 you want to have coffee sometime or meet up and study? I am available Tuesday, Wednesday afternoon, thursday or sometime over the weekend. What would work for you.

Comments/suggestions.

blueline

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad.

"Hey!

You seem like you might be kinda cool, let's grab a coffee tomorrow afternoon sometime and find out. I'm available after 4pm.

-Demon"

I say poor form mainly because you make yourself so available. Also, this gives her the opportunity to suggest an alternative time since she probably won't be able to make something so short notice. If she gives an excuse not to show up and doesn't give you an alternative time, then she is not interested.

the305

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wold: thats was a bad email to send.
blueline; no, you don't build rapport on a date, you build it before the date, if not your playing the numbers game.

in general, you don't just ASK a girl out without building rapport, you make her WANT to go out with you, she needs to KNOW the date is going to be awesome even before she goes on it. You can easily build rapport(sell her your personality) with a girl, it only take 2-3 conversations for her to be familiar with you and how awesome you are.

So taking another 20 minutes of your time to sell yourself to her before you guys setup a meeting, will ONLY increase your odds.

Game isn't playing the numbers game, anyone can get laid playing he numbers game, but if YOU want to pick the girls you want to sleep with, instead of just settling for whatever the odds gave you. develop a skill get women attracted to you.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the305 said:
Wold: thats was a bad email to send.
blueline; no, you don't build rapport on a date, you build it before the date, if not your playing the numbers game.

in general, you don't just ASK a girl out without building rapport, you make her WANT to go out with you, she needs to KNOW the date is going to be awesome even before she goes on it. You can easily build rapport(sell her your personality) with a girl, it only take 2-3 conversations for her to be familiar with you and how awesome you are.

So taking another 20 minutes of your time to sell yourself to her before you guys setup a meeting, will ONLY increase your odds.

Game isn't playing the numbers game, anyone can get laid playing he numbers game, but if YOU want to pick the girls you want to sleep with, instead of just settling for whatever the odds gave you. develop a skill get women attracted to you.
2 - 3 conversations?

I usually meet a girl and get her number. A few days after getting the number, I say "Hey it's me. How'd the rest of your night go? Let's go to (pub) on Thursday."

If you get a girl's number and you wait 3 conversations to actually ask her out, it sounds weak as hell. I mean, the girl isn't dumb. She knows you asked for the number because you're romantically interested. But now you gotta pretend that you're not for 2-3 conversations just to "build rapport"??

I can imagine your scenario working in situations where you're guaranteed to see the girl repeatedly. Like, if she's working the register at a coffee shop. Or if she's in a college class.

the305

Don Juan
Reaction score
Before I even respond, a girl giving you her number means nothing nowadays

So you can only have conversations and build rapport and light flirting in person? im talking about a quick text convo.. silly facebook comment.. a brief phone call to tell her about this amazing karaoke place you went to. Its easy to do, quick, and effective to build rapport.

its completely irrelevant whether she knows your interested or not, that's the exact opposite point i made, its YOU getting HER interested in YOU - So she cant wait to hang out.