Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Finding the right business partner

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, be VERY careful about getting involved in business with friends. Notice I didn’t say DON’T get involved with friends, but you need to be aware that when money comes into the picture it is possible that your new partner might turn into a person you don’t want to know, let alone do business with. If in doubt, WALK AWAY.

The next thing you need to consider is the integrity of your potential partner. I know it might seem obvious, but does this person have a history of screwing over others? Even if it’s just talk….WALK AWAY.

Does this person seem to be a team player, or do you get a vibe that screams “ME ME ME”? If they are only concerned about themselves, WALK AWAY.

Are your goals compatible? If you are interested in retiring in 5 years but your prospective partner seems to be content to work for the rest of his life, WALK AWAY.

Do you compliment each other? Are you both 100% idea and 0% execution? Find someone who you can strike a balance with, or WALK AWAY.

What are they like with women? Sounds like a non-issue, but let me assure you, if you get involved in business with an AFC who is dying to marry the first chick who lets him lick her feet, YOU ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE. Yep, that’s right, WALK AWAY.

All of these negative traits you should avoid in a business partner, what kind of POSITIVE attributes should one seek?

A business partnership is like a marriage. Find someone who is loyal, honest, and willing to grow and improve themselves. Find someone who brings skills to the table. Someone who is as hungry or hungrier to reach the goal than you are.

Notice how most of this post was about what to AVOID in a business partner? There’s a good reason for that. The reason is, MOST people simply aren’t cut out for business.

Think of this as a marriage that would be VERY hard to get out of. Don’t get involved with someone unless you are prepared to go the distance.

If you manage to find a good candidate, will things always be perfect? HELL NO! My bookkeeper can attest to the fact that even a good situation has its ups and downs. She has been in the room when she thought my business partner and I were going to exchange blows. It can get pretty ugly, but usually ten minutes later it’s back to business as usual.

Hope this gives you a good overview of some of the qualities to look for and some of the qualities to avoid when looking for a business partner.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Str8up, THANKS for posting this.

I have a friend who is interested in a real estate partnership with me (we were throwing a few ideas around but nothing committing/concrete). We're both in the same boat (He and I are both starting out in this but I have the most knowledge and borrowing power to bring to the table and I've been teaching him what I know.)

The biggest problem is that he's a good guy but he's ambitious without having a plan for getting from here to there. He's someone that I can trust not to steal from me when I'm not looking but he needs to work on follow-through.

I never intended to co-sign anything at this point because neither of us are ready for that yet, but this helped to justify my apprehension.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Great advice, thank you.

You mention you have a book-keeper, so I assume you have experience with hiring people. I know hiring is not nearly the same as forming lasting partnerships, but I was wondering if you could give some tips on how to find the right people to work FOR you. Is it just networking or do you put out ads in the paper, etc.?

Also, do you have any tips on how to conduct an interview?

Thanks for any pointers.

P.S., if you think my post is off-topic, I would really appreciate it if you could PM me.