Finding A Long-Term Goal Beyond DJing.

brainfreeze

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does everybody here have a meaning to his or her life?

It seems becoming a DJ had become the number one priority for me in my life until a few weeks ago, when I ended the LTR I had worked so hard becoming a (reasonably OK) DJ for.

Somebody once posted here "If you are not happy without a girl, you will not be happy with one"(SIC), and this has never seemed truer to me. Now I’m totally off DJing, as I know that I need to sort my life out before going for the "extras".

Now I know I want a long-term goal that I can work for and this will be different for everybody, but I need some advice on how I can find this goal. How have you done it? Have you done it?

I also want others here to ask themselves if DJing really is their main goal, and to at least consider what more important things they could spend their time pursuing.

Just a request for guidance and an attempt to evoke thought :)

Brainfreeze

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop making girls your number one priority in life. Take up some sport, find a hobby, discover your true calling, or start a fitness program, whatever it is, make goals for yourself.

Because otherwise, like most people on this site, they become too desperate to get laid.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You ask an excellent question. A question that I wish I had been smart enough to ask when I was much younger.

The Quiet Riot video speaks volumes - " What are you going to do with your life?"

To just go through life, without a goal in mind is like floating along the white water rapids without a flotation device. You'll just be carried along the path of least resistance.
You'll either end up dead or dead broke.

I strongly urge you to take the myers-briggs career assessment test. It should tell you what career is best for you based on a multitude of questions that you will answer. These results will help you identify what it is that you will enjoy, at least vocationally.

A goal is nothing more than a series of smaller goals, each of which will compliment your pursuit of the larger goal.

When you identify your vocation of choice, then you can figure out what goals you should have.

An interesting fact:

Oer 25 years ago, Yale's College of Business did a study on people and goals. From a room of 100 people, how many do you think actually had their goals written down?

3!

Do you think it's a coincidence that those 3 people, 20 years later had more money than the other 97 combined?

Kind of makes you want to write down what your goals are - like a contract with yourself.

Those who fail to plan, have planned to fail. Get busy!

brainfreeze

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice I took a career assessment test and it helped me out really good, thanks elvis aint dead yet :)

Do any fo you guys know of any other ways to find your goal in life, or have any advice on what a 19 year old college student should be doing at this time of life?

peace,

Brainfreeze

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you're 19 you should be ƒucking ƒat girls like it's going out of ƒashion!

Reaction score
brainfreeze - I think that was big pappy that gave you that advice and who you owe your gratitude - no?