Financial Forum

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is very interesting. Personally, I boiled down the whole "who handles the money in the relationship" as a power struggle. I haven't given into it, and neither of us has complete control on all the money. We just have a responsibility for certain bills.

I've pretty much boiled it down to efficient use of money. In other words, don't buy 5hit you don't need. However, have a bit of money to spoil yourself with every once in a while.

Let me give you an example. I NEEDED to buy a new pair of shoes. My woman runs up to me with a pair of shoes she picked out. I asked her, "Do you really NEED a new pair of shoes?" She kinda stumbled and studdered, but she put the shoes back.

Personally, I would be interested in a forum like this.

Last edited:

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While running the risk of "jumping on the bandwagon", i agree with this post. Finance is an important part of being a man.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't you guys like, go to a real finance site? Theres a billion forums out there with finance-related topics, and most have pretty experienced investors and entrepreneurs willing to lend a hand.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good idea, but who has so much great financial advice to give out? It's different with working out because so many want a great bod and there a many great knowledgable people on the boards. However, while finances are important, I do not believe the population of sosuave sees the long term importance of it and therefore does not really care.

Test threads....GO!

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would be good to have a financial forum section, part of the DJ life is knowing how to maintain his lifestyle.

No one wants to be reckless with his money but no one wants to be cheap either and not knowing how to get the most out of your income and save and invest money rather then spend money and going into debts.

Just like dating, we tend to get bad advice in life. The people who give us advice on money are people who are usually not experts and who have done something a certain way and were succeful.
It doesn't mean following their advice will make you money.

Everything with money and women and life is a gamble. The more people discuss specifics the better the knowledge increases.

I would think a financial thread will be similar like our "Tips" section where we post an article and discuss it. It would be intresting to post an article such as this:

http://www.askmen.com/money/investing/34_investing.html

http://www.askmen.com/money/investing/29_investing.html

I always found their articles to be quite intresting and I wouldn't mind discussing them farther.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie
Can't you guys like, go to a real finance site? Theres a billion forums out there with finance-related topics, and most have pretty experienced investors and entrepreneurs willing to lend a hand.
The thing is...

THIS IS MY MAJOR ARGUMENT FOR FINANCIAL FORUM:
If you find financial help on some other forums you can't really trust it because some of it can be even intentionally BS.

On sosuave.com you can trust advice way more. Guys are here mainly to support each other, there is no jealosy around... etc.

I would take financial advice way more likely here than some other forum.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.askmen.com/money/investing/34_investing.html

"A close friend of mine left her fiancé of two years to date a successful businessman. It must have been his silver Ferrari, penthouse (smack in the middle of downtown), Armani suits, dinners at the most expensive restaurants, and so on that impressed her.

After four months of courtship, she finally uttered a resounding, "Yes!" to his marriage proposal. Anyhow, to make a long story short, she always trusted that her "successful" husband was financially set -- based on his assets, of course. But unfortunately for her, she never bothered to factor in his debts by calculating his net worth.

A year after their very expensive marriage, her husband declared bankruptcy. Apparently, her lovely husband didn't own any of the assets. In fact, he was in such debt (negative net worth) that he had some loan sharks threatening to take away a few of his wife's once favorite bodily parts. Needless to say, the marriage didn't last too long."

Ahahaha, what an AFC introduction! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Too bad for the gold digger.. LMAO!!

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hot Ice

On sosuave.com you can trust advice way more. Guys are here mainly to support each other, there is no jealosy around... etc.
I would take financial advice way more likely here than some other forum.
ha ha ha ha.....

There might be a "need" for a financial forum but how many posters here actually know anything.

The typical poster is a teenager, supported by their parents.
They don't know jack shiit. "Mom can I have $10.00 to go to the movies tonight"...........You want that to be your financial guru.
LOL

Last edited:

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hot Ice

ROTFLMAO!

That is true for guys like you and me, but the main forum is nothing but a constant teeny bopper p!ssing contest. Every single time I post advice there, or in the tips section, I always get some stupid a$$hole trying to tell me how I'm wrong (and they seldom listen to the explanations of my evaluations).

A finincal forum is a great idea... but there will only be a handful of us who will actually use and understand it. We'll have to use big words though... so the morons won't discover it.;)

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike_the_Dragon
A finincal forum is a great idea... but there will only be a handful of us who will actually use and understand it.
Yeah, I hear ya.............. What's a finincal forum?

Is that a forum for guys who are finicky?

You need to start a new thread for that.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Typo. Anyways, atleast I'm not arguing with some chick over what a yeast infection is like.:p

Financial. Happy now?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's alright with Allen and you all really want a Financial Forum, I'll make one on my site and see if people on here will test it out and see how well it goes for a bit.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
atleast I'm not arguing with some chick over what a yeast infection is like.:p
Ha Ha,
You remember that.

We never did hear back from that guy.
Which leads me to believe it was yeast. Didn't mean to embarass him.;)

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember everything. Names, dates, phone numbers, conversations... everything. Hypnosis is truly amazing. Of course, it only works if I make a mental note of it... otherwise I just forget about it.:cool:

Originally posted by Eternal
If it's alright with Allen and you all really want a Financial Forum, I'll make one on my site and see if people on here will test it out and see how well it goes for a bit.

You mean, we have to go all the way over to your site in order to post!? Aw, man... thats just too much!:p

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll make one on my site and see if people on here will test it out and see how well it goes for a bit.
Eternal,

I've been on your site.
So far the only thing I've heard are crickets.:D

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Helter Skelter
Eternal,

I've been on your site.
So far the only thing I've heard are crickets.:D
The new one? Well mabye if people would sign up and post instead of just going "this place is dead..." Then it wouldn't be so dead! :p

Spike - Oh boo hoo. :p

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if people would sign up and post instead of just going "this place is dead.
You want to know a good way to drum up business?

Have a political forum.

When someone start's one here, close it and tell'em to go finish arguing on your site (eternal's site).

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I'm just plain old "Spike" over on Eternal's site now.:D

Originally posted by Helter Skelter
You want to know a good way to drum up business?

Have a political forum.

When someone start's one here, close it and tell'em to go finish arguing on your site (eternal's site).

It would just be a flamer's forum then.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would just be a flamer's forum then.
Exactly what I'm not really allowing it over there.

Who ever gives good finacial advice can become the moderator for that forum on my site.