Finally taking some steps.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've finally grown tired of reading the things on this site, all of the success stories, all of the tips, tricks and such, and getting nowhere. I'm tired of KNOWING what to do to change my life and not doing it. I'm tired of being an AFC punk, who's nervous around his peers. Most of all, I'm tired of not being taken seriously by others.

I think it's time that I start to DO something. No more "I really should do that..." and "That sounds like it would be fun," and that crap. This needs to happen. I need to change.

Right now, my days consist of the following:

- Get up at about 1pm (because it's summer and I'm awake until 4am on the computer).
- Stumble over to the computer for an hour or so before I finally go to get some brunch.
- Shower, shave and then either sit and read a book in my room.
- Go eat dinner and then return to my computer until bed.
- Rinse and repeat.

Sometimes I've got work thrown in there which at least gets me out of the house, but it isn't enough. I'm not earning any self respect by working at McDonalds 4 times a week. I don't have a driver's license at 18 years old because I'm too scared to go and write with people that are younger than me from school, because they might think I'm a loser. I'm thin and a bit pale because I'm not active and only leave my house when I'm going to work, or if there's something happening that interests me (which is rare). I've got a bit of acne.

My only friends are those that go to the same comic shop that I do, and they're either as bad, or even worse off than I am. I've got a rep at school (which I'm going to be in for this final year) for being "creepy" and "weird" for obvious reasons. I've never had a serious girlfriend, as every time I decide that I like a girl, I end up either being too scared to do anything about it, or I screw it up somehow and make her hate me by being a total AFC loser.

I'm tired of having to live with myself. I'm done. Through. It's OVER. No more games. No more one or two-day "improvements". REAL changes have to happen NOW.

I need to;

- Find a job that I can be proud of going to.
- Get a license.
- Get a tan and get into shape.
- Lose the acne once and for all.
- Meet friends that won't pull me down.
- Turn my rep around.
- Get a serious girlfriend.

So, I know what I need to do. But how am I going to do it?

- I'm going to stick with this job for now, as there won't be any openings at this time of year. Around October I'll start looking for something else.
- I'm going to study for my Learner's Permit and get it before the end of September.
- I'm going to look into the various gyms around and join, no matter how scared and embarresed I am about my body.
- I'm going to use the cream that my doctor gave me and wash my face several times a day in order to clear my acne up.
- I'm going to start talking to people (both girls AND guys) so I can get used to talking to strangers, so I won't be so nervous, which will allow me to meet new friends.
- I'm going to just shut up at school and not do anything stupid. If I have something constructive to say, I'll say it, but no more goofing around for fun.
- Once I feel that I'm ready, I'll make a move on at least one of the many girls that I'll know at this point.:yes:

Yup, it looks like yet another Contender rip off thread. Difference is, I'm not slowing down, I'm not stopping, and most of all, I'm not FAILING. I'm sick of failure. There will be success from now on (not to say that I won't fail from time to time, as it's inevitable when trying something new).

Play time is over. I'm 18 years old, and I don't have much more time to waste. Life. Starts. NOW.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed 100%.

I'm going to use your post as if I wrote it. I'm going to start doing the same.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Replies in bold and color.

Mr_rogers said:
I've finally grown tired of reading the things on this site, all of the success stories, all of the tips, tricks and such, and getting nowhere. I'm tired of KNOWING what to do to change my life and not doing it. I'm tired of being an AFC punk, who's nervous around his peers. Most of all, I'm tired of not being taken seriously by others.

I think it's time that I start to DO something. No more "I really should do that..." and "That sounds like it would be fun," and that crap. This needs to happen. I need to change.

Right now, my days consist of the following:

- Get up at about 1pm (because it's summer and I'm awake until 4am on the computer).
- Stumble over to the computer for an hour or so before I finally go to get some brunch.
- Shower, shave and then either sit and read a book in my room.
- Go eat dinner and then return to my computer until bed.
- Rinse and repeat.
Same as me.

Sometimes I've got work thrown in there which at least gets me out of the house, but it isn't enough. I'm not earning any self respect by working at McDonalds 4 times a week. I don't have a driver's license at 18 years old because I'm too scared to go and write with people that are younger than me from school, because they might think I'm a loser. I'm thin and a bit pale because I'm not active and only leave my house when I'm going to work, or if there's something happening that interests me (which is rare). I've got a bit of acne.

My only friends are those that go to the same comic shop that I do, and they're either as bad, or even worse off than I am. I've got a rep at school (which I'm going to be in for this final year) for being "creepy" and "weird" for obvious reasons. I've never had a serious girlfriend, as every time I decide that I like a girl, I end up either being too scared to do anything about it, or I screw it up somehow and make her hate me by being a total AFC loser.

I'm tired of having to live with myself. I'm done. Through. It's OVER. No more games. No more one or two-day "improvements". REAL changes have to happen NOW.

I need to;

- Find a job that I can be proud of going to.
- Get a license.
- Get a tan and get into shape.
- Lose the acne once and for all.
www.acne.org
- Meet friends that won't pull me down.
- Turn my rep around.
- Get a serious girlfriend.

So, I know what I need to do. But how am I going to do it?

- I'm going to stick with this job for now, as there won't be any openings at this time of year. Around October I'll start looking for something else.
- I'm going to study for my Learner's Permit and get it before the end of September.
- I'm going to look into the various gyms around and join, no matter how scared and embarresed I am about my body.
- I'm going to use the cream that my doctor gave me and wash my face several times a day in order to clear my acne up.
Hell no! Don't wash your face several times a day unless you want it to get worse. Two times a day is plenty. Three times, if you sweat like crazy. Moisturize plenty... even if you're a dude. READ www.acne.org !!!
- I'm going to start talking to people (both girls AND guys) so I can get used to talking to strangers, so I won't be so nervous, which will allow me to meet new friends.
- I'm going to just shut up at school and not do anything stupid. If I have something constructive to say, I'll say it, but no more goofing around for fun.
- Once I feel that I'm ready, I'll make a move on at least one of the many girls that I'll know at this point.:yes:

Yup, it looks like yet another Contender rip off thread. Difference is, I'm not slowing down, I'm not stopping, and most of all, I'm not FAILING. I'm sick of failure. There will be success from now on (not to say that I won't fail from time to time, as it's inevitable when trying something new).

Play time is over. I'm 18 years old, and I don't have much more time to waste. Life. Starts. NOW.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good luck man. i respect people who take the time to improve themselves. its not gonna be easy and ur prolly gonna wanna quit sometimes but u gotta learn how to pull through. also, itd be easier for u to not be bored in the summer if u found a hobby or 2

XSilverStarboyX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive actually been trying to force myself to talk to people like you do. If I can think of nothing to say of course I dont say anything. Only because I dont want to make a fool of myself

DrDiesel07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't ever feel embarrassed or scared about going to a gym no matter what condition your body is in. That's why people go to the gym - to get stronger. Even though you might not be as strong yet - people will respect the fact that you are working to improve yourself.

Also when you find a new job this can also help with acne as time spent in McDonalds = more acne/pimples.

You've done a good job outlining your goals. Now you need to set yourself up to accomplish them. Obviously you have the time to accomplish them so just do it. Good luck.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DrDiesel07 said:
Don't ever feel embarrassed or scared about going to a gym no matter what condition your body is in. That's why people go to the gym - to get stronger. Even though you might not be as strong yet - people will respect the fact that you are working to improve yourself.

Also when you find a new job this can also help with acne as time spent in McDonalds = more acne/pimples.

You've done a good job outlining your goals. Now you need to set yourself up to accomplish them. Obviously you have the time to accomplish them so just do it. Good luck.
You're right. Thanks man. That's good to hear.

As for progress...

As of tomorrow I'm breaking this messed up sleeping pattern of mine. I'll be up at 9:30 so that I can go shopping for new clothes, which I need really badly. I got paid about 25 minutes ago (direct deposit kicks ass), so I'll have some cash.

I also ended up helping move a serious heavy piece of furniture (made of pure cherry... worth about $10,000 Canadian), so that was today's unscheduled workout.:rolleyes:

I also asked a chick out over MSN. I know it's a totally loser way to do it, but I just did it for the hell of it. I barely know her. Funniest part is, she actually accepted... hmm... Good thing I'm shopping for clothes, hmm?:yes:

That's about it so far. Only a couple of days in, but I suppose it's an okay start. I'll update again later at some point.

XSilverStarboyX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr_rogers said:
You're right. Thanks man. That's good to hear.

As for progress...

As of tomorrow I'm breaking this messed up sleeping pattern of mine. I'll be up at 9:30 so that I can go shopping for new clothes, which I need really badly. I got paid about 25 minutes ago (direct deposit kicks ass), so I'll have some cash.

I also ended up helping move a serious heavy piece of furniture (made of pure cherry... worth about $10,000 Canadian), so that was today's unscheduled workout.:rolleyes:

I also asked a chick out over MSN. I know it's a totally loser way to do it, but I just did it for the hell of it. I barely know her. Funniest part is, she actually accepted... hmm... Good thing I'm shopping for clothes, hmm?:yes:

That's about it so far. Only a couple of days in, but I suppose it's an okay start. I'll update again later at some point.
I guess its not that lame. I have a profile on match.com

GateKeeper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Don't you dare start slacking on us.

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck bro. I don't know about where you live, but in Connecticut the learner's permit test is a breeze. Really no need to study for it.

Steg

Don Juan
Reaction score
(y) really hope someone makes it. Look on the brightside atleast you have a sleeping patern. I go 2~3 days without sleeping then spend a couple of days in bed. Sometimes I wake up just like everybody else and other times I wake up like at 6am even if I was up till 2...

Dont sweat the license thing I dont have one either (keep that between us though ,hehehe) but I'm thinking you have a car then?

I'd say I'm inspired to do likewise but it's hapened too many times so I'll just wish you luck.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Steg said:
(y) really hope someone makes it. Look on the brightside atleast you have a sleeping patern. I go 2~3 days without sleeping then spend a couple of days in bed. Sometimes I wake up just like everybody else and other times I wake up like at 6am even if I was up till 2...

Dont sweat the license thing I dont have one either (keep that between us though ,hehehe) but I'm thinking you have a car then?

I'd say I'm inspired to do likewise but it's hapened too many times so I'll just wish you luck.
Thanks very much for the wish of good luck, but remember that if you don't try, and push through all the crap, you'll never improve. Good luck to you as well.

JesterX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your basically doing what i decided to do earlier today im pretty much in the same situation. except ive finished school have my license and dont work at mcdonalds (but still a **** job) but the other things are me exactly.

What ive decided to do is when summer comes around or atleast warm weather (Im in Australia) is instead of getting on the computer i get up, eat breakfast, get whatever i need to do done and then head down to the beach.

Beach = A) Tan
B) Clear up Acne
C) Exercise
D) People

Now im gonna go to the beach every chance i get so ill go there before i start work or after work and work on my tan. And also get abit of exercise from swimming.

Thats my plan if you have a beach near you i'd suggest that for the Tan and the Acne situation.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rogers you need to update this. don't think it's unnecessary. updating will keep you on track

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
rogers you need to update this. don't think it's unnecessary. updating will keep you on track
I'll update once I have something worthwhile posting. No point posting just for the hell of it, no?

You might want to look at Acne.org, though Jester. I thought that the sun would help with my acne too, but it turns out it that it isn't as helpful as I thought.

JesterX

Don Juan
Reaction score
You might want to look at Acne.org, though Jester. I thought that the sun would help with my acne too, but it turns out it that it isn't as helpful as I thought.

I was more thinking the salt water is what will clear up the acne not the sun.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa. I must admit that I totally forgot about this thread... rofl:eek: My bad.

Now... for a long overdue update:

Sucesses

My crappy sleeping pattern has been broken (and that was before school started). I'm up at 7:30am each morning (first period spare is a real blessing) and out the door within an hour.

I've been spending more time outside in the sun and fresh air than before, but I'm still not satisfied with my skin tone. Since I'm naturally a very fair skinned person (I get that from my mom's side of the familiy), I figure going to a tanning salon to get some colour will speed things up a lot (now that strong sunlight is available less and less due to the time of the year).

To do:

Sadly, I'm not doing as well as I wanted to. I still need to;

- Get a liscence
- Meet new friends (I'm too nervous to talk to new people right now)
- Get in shape
- Buy some more new clothes - I'm totally useless when it comes to fashion, but thankfully I've got an awesome female cousin who said that she wouldn't mind helping me pick some stuff out. I'll probably see her within a week or two.

That's it for now. I think I lost some of my motivation over the last little bit, but it's coming back. Now... to work.:rockon:

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update time again...

Successes

I got the phone number to the tanning place so I can figure out how much it'll cost, and any other details. I've also started to seriously apply myself at school, which is a big change. People are noticing the differences already.

Short Term Goals

Since I'm getting paid tonight (direct deposit and all), plus getting another $80 that my dad owes me, so I'll have the cash to complete some of the following:

- Buy the stuff needed for www.acne.org 's Clear Skin Regimen
- Go clothes shopping with my cousin
- Get a haircut (it's been a bit too long, now)

This stuff should all happen within the week, aside from the thing with my cousin. She's in University (only a year older than me) and doesn't have time right now, but she's totally into helping.

Long Term Goals

Just the same stuff as mentioned above in other posts.

Field Report

Though it may not be a Field Report per se, there was a girl that came into my LS class Friday morning. She'd just transfered from another school. I took the oppurtunity to introduce myself, and we started talking and stuff. She seemed really friendly and interesting, but I was careful. I didn't want to develop oneitis. *shudders*

Everything was going great until Monday morning. She sat down (right next to me this time) and we started talking, and she kept complaining that she was cold. Seeing an oppurtunity for a bit of (admittedly less than totally subtle) Kino, I put my arm around her shoulders and held her close to me. Right away, I could tell something was wrong. I looked at her, and she seemed really uncomfortable so I just grinned and let her go. "Warm already?" I asked playfully, not showing that I was bothered.

Since then, she won't even talk to me.:mad: I can't exactly figure out what I did wrong. Unfortunately, I took it more personally than I showed, so I've been less comfortable around her than I was before. I'll get over it though, I'm sure. If she doesn't like me... ahh well. There isn't one below-average looking girl in my class, so there are lots of other quality fish in the proverbial sea, not even counting those in my other classes and outside of school.

That's about it for now. Hopefully I can get some feedback as to what I did wrong with the new chick. I'll update again in a day or two. Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Wow, this is real motivation, I hope I get enough courage to start this soon, even if I am a jock (yes, a jock [basketball] with girl problems) and I don't have acne, and i'm considered cool, this guy has started off wore than me and took the balls to get himself straight. So my plan'll be a little different, but I think I'll make me one too.. as soon as I finish up like to first chapter or 2 of the DJ bible (alot of reading lol)

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aprenti$playa&pimp said:
Wow, this is real motivation, I hope I get enough courage to start this soon, even if I am a jock (yes, a jock [basketball] with girl problems) and I don't have acne, and i'm considered cool, this guy has started off wore than me and took the balls to get himself straight. So my plan'll be a little different, but I think I'll make me one too.. as soon as I finish up like to first chapter or 2 of the DJ bible (alot of reading lol)
It is a lot of reading, but it's worth every second. Don't just read it. Live what you need to in order to succeed.