Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Finally, Mike's approach journal

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys, I've decided to start an approach journal. Currently, I only have one plate and she isn't even really spinning. She is more someone I just call when I am in a really big drought, I'm not even really attracted to her. I haven't gotten action - outside of just making out - in going on three weeks, but instead of calling up the plate I don't really even like, I'm going to try to get some plates going off cold approaches. I plan to approach in public and out at bars/clubs. I have a digital recorder as well, so I might try to get some audio up. But it hasn't worked in the past because it doesn't do a very good job of picking conversations from my shirt pocket.

I consider myself pretty good at cold approaching. I don't get AA unless I'm in a bar or a club that is really loud and busy, and I'm completely sober. It's just something about the atmosphere, I'm not really sure what it is. But while I'm good at cold approaching, I've only ever gotten a handful of FBs, plates or girlfriends from doing it over the years. I've relied mostly on social game to meet girls, as I usually have a lot of friends and a wide social network in all the cities I've lived in over the years.

So, I guess the purpose of this journal is to get better at cold approaching and learn to rely less on social game. I also, of course, want to get some plates going. I'm not going to turn down girls I meet through friends, but I won't actively seek them out through my social network like I would normally do when I needed get some plates going. Though, I have to admit, I have a new neighbor and a 29-year-old HB 8.5 who will probably enter into the equation soon. If they become plates, I won't stop cold approaching.

Some of the convos won't be exact because my memory sucks for things like this, but I will try to get the important parts right.

Here is the first night of approaches out at a bar last night:

HB 6.5 who I used to work with a long time ago and her friend - HB 8.5. I'm not interested in the 6.5, but the 8.5 caught my eye, so I approached them and reminded the 6.5 of who I was. It took her a second, but she remembered me. I've never met the 8.5 before.

HB 6.5: Oh yeah, I remember you. Where are you working at now?
Mike: I'm still with (where I work).
HB 6.5: You like it?
Mike: Well, I work from home three days a week and sleep till noon. Who the hell wouldn't like that?
HB 6.5: Haha, sounds like a good set up. This is Andrea
*she introduces the 8.5*
I shake her hand and say "nice to meet you"
HB6.5: She used to work (at where we worked) too.
Mike: Oh yeah? What did you do?
HB 8.5: Mostly in (where she worked).
Mike: So you know Jake?
HB 8.5: Yeah, I know him. He worked more in a different department.
Mike: He is my boy, we used to get in to trouble together back in college.
HB 8.5: That makes me miss college.
Mike: Yeah, I miss college too, but I sure haven't forgotten how to act like I'm still in college.
*I take a huge drink of the beer I had and the girls laugh*
Mike: Did you guys work under Tom at all? I always see him out.
HB 8.5: Yeah! I always see him out. He always gets drunk and tells me how hot he thinks I am.
Mike: That's funny because he always gets drunk and tells me the same thing.
(Girls laugh)
*HB 8.5 touches me on the shoulder while she's laughing*
HB 8.5: I'm sure he does.
HB 6.5: So are you still running? (I have no idea how she remembered I was a runner. I barely knew this chick.)
Mike: Yeah, I got seventh place in a race two weekends ago, so I've still got it a little bit. I've gained some weight, but I haven't lost a step.
HB 8.5: I ran in that race too. You got seventh!?
*She raises her hand to give me a high-five, but I don't notice*
HB 8.5: Don't leave me hanging!
*I high-five her*

Now, this was going insanely well. I could tell the 6.5 wanted me from the second I approached, but I could feel the 8.5 liked me too. We talked a little bit more, but my buddy came up over my shoulder and made fun of me for talking to the 6.5. The girls heard him completely and they kind of got creeped out by him and told me they were going to go dance. I decided not to follow them because I had to talk to my buddy. I was going to meet up with them in the bar later and try to seal off the 8.5 for a number close. That plan was blown when they walked up to me 15 minutes later and told me they were leaving because they had to work in the morning. I should have number closed then, but I was just caught off-guard.

How would you guys have sealed off the 8.5 in that situation or number closed her?

Second approach of the night coming in the next post. And this one is truly a cold approach where I don't have any sort of connection to the girl in the past.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This second approach of the night is much more hazy. I was pretty drunk.

HB 9 who was looking pretty good and was ordering a drink at the bar alone. She was wearing one of those belts over her shirts that girls wear.

Mike: Will you accept a fashion tip from a guy?
HB 9: Sure, but why do you think you can give a girl fashion tips?
Mike: Don't you see how I'm dressed?
*I pose with my hands on my hips and she laughs*
Mike: That belt over the shirt is hot. I love when girls wear those.
HB 9: Yeah? I've got like six of them.
Mike: Well it sounds like you're fashionable, by my standards at least.
Mike: So what's your name?
HB 9: I'm Cassie.
Mike: I'm Mike.
HB 9: Nice to meet you.
Mike: Nice to meet you too.
Mike: So you're from Southern Indiana aren't you? You've got that fake southern accent.
HB 9: No actually, I'm originally from Illinois.

I was not expecting her to say that. This threw me out of my rhythm and I was pretty drunk, so the convo just kind of fizzled after some more small talk. I didn't get a number from her, but I think she was feeling me a little bit. There weren't any huge IOIs, but she was hair tossing and smiling and laughing at my jokes. I should have at least tried for a number close and been more aggressive.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Mike.

First of all congratulations on starting to do cold approach. It should only help your social game. Seeing that huge bootcamp start up makes me want to join but I live in a small town and already know everybody so its unrealistic.

However like you, I get all my action from my social circle & network. Its been very good to me. I hear ya on the backup FB, I was at one of mine recently and I didn't even bang her.

But back to the approaches. Don't kick yourself too hard for not number closing. Your just starting out and your making progress. Your getting comfortable with building the rapport. Once you get comfortable with that, asking for the number will come naturally. Just keep at it.

Good idea on the journal as well. I made a commitment to myself to post FR's, partially because I wanted to track my failures but also becuase I think more people should do them to share their experiences and not appear as KBJ's. I should really do a FR journal instead of individual FR's.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice to see your doing coldapproaches and have started the journal. :up: I liked the way you opened the 2nd approach. Its nice to see someone from the mature man forum doing a journal. I think me and you are the only guys from the 25 plus age group doing one.

Macavoy I agree that people need should post more real life experiences. If you look at the top 10-15 members on this site most of them will never ever talk about girls or getting pu$$y. There are people on this webstite who are great at giving advice,but have not posted one real life situation with a girl yet they act like they know it all.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but when you post all of your great experiences people b!tch and moan and call you a braggart or worse and ontop of that there is the whole nameless female troll of the site issue who ruins good FR threads and makes them all about her.

Just open up any Str8up thread and see what he has to deal with on this forum from others as well this troll for sharing his life.

Its a lose lose either way.

No matter what jealous clowns will say you are lying or they will call you arrogant/braggart/whatever to try and bring you down to their level.

Sosuave is still a cool place but like all forums people get jealous and like to drag other posters down whom they perceive to be more popular than they are.

Its lame.

Maybe consider that some of the more popular posters of the site really don't give a rat's ass about popularity but are here to help themselves and others and how they are perceived by certain posters be it bad or good is entirely out of their control.

The posters who complain about the forum being a certain way and wanting a change need to take a lesson from Ghandi and "Be the change they want to see" rather than call for everyone else to post how they want them to post.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Yeah but when you post all of your great experiences people b!tch and moan and call you a braggart or worse and ontop of that there is the whole nameless female troll of the site issue who ruins good FR threads and makes them all about her.

Just open up any Str8up thread and see what he has to deal with on this forum from others as well this troll for sharing his life.

No matter what jealous clowns will say you are lying or they will call you arrogant/braggart/whatever to try and bring you down to their level.

Sosuave is still a cool place but like all forums people get jealous and like to drag other posters down whom they perceive to be more popular than they are.

Its lame.

Maybe consider that some of the more popular posters of the site really don't give a rat's ass about popularity but are here to help themselves and others and how they are perceived by certain posters be it bad or good is entirely out of their control.

The posters who complain about the forum being a certain way and wanting a change need to take a lesson from Ghandi and "Be the change they want to see" rather than call for everyone else to post how they want them to post.
I am not for posting every single situation with a girl, or every single girl you fvck. I speak for myself when I say that if there is a thread on a certain topic than I may incorporate a real life experience in that thread. I may even ask for advice on a chick I am banging. I may even post field reports or fvck reports.

STR8UP could be my favorite poster on sosuave. I really think he is an honest posters and is someone who posts success and failures. I used to be his harshest critic because there was a point in time when all his threads would basically say how he could have banged a girl yet chose not too. I think he knows the game and when he got laid not too long ago I was the first guy to congratulate him.

The mature man forum as great as it is I personally feel would be a little better if more guys posted real scenarios with woman as STR8UP did. All around I think this forum is very good but it could be a little better. Most things in life could use a little improvement. That being said this forum has helped me greatly and the top rated guys give great advice.

Sorry mike yikes for getting off topic and once again good luck on the journal.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PHAT Rabbit said:
MY props on starting this -- I am looking forward to the media.

In regard to your question... I would've just asked HB 6.5 if I could steal her friend for a little bit because you want to show her something, etc... or you could just focus all your questions on the girl you like and soon the other one will wander off (atleast that is what happend in one of the approaches I did today). Either way, women understand the situation much better than we give them credit for. After all they craft their reality just as we do our own... right?

Looking forward to more.
Good point on that. I don't like to play Monday Morning Quarterback, but I think I should have tried to isolate the 8.5 when I saw them briefly on the dance floor. Regardless, the HB 6.5 Facebooked me today and I'm sure if I want to meet up with them again, I could just message her. The only problem is, I have to figure out how to convey that I am interested in HB 8.5 and not the 6.5. I think the random Facebooking today confirms what I suspected when I first opened them: that the 6.5 wants me badly. Also, I can't remember exactly what the 8.5's name is, so that is probably going to be a problem as well. I just wrote Andrea in the FR, but now I think her name is actually Caroline.

Guys have any suggestions on that front?

As I progress in this approach journal, I'm going to have to really get better at remembering people's names. Normally when I meet people it takes me three or four times of hanging out with them to remember their names. I usually forget a person's name five minutes after I'm introduced to them.

I should have more approaches. I think I am going out tomorrow night. I also think that 29-year-old I wrote about is coming to visit this weekend, but I won't let her hinder any of my cold approaching.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey this is a good start for you. I have no experience w/bar or club cold approaching because I'm 20. Even if I were 21, I probably wouldn't want to cold approach in a stupor haha. In my 1st FR I recently made, I did all mine out in the streets and chose to do it alone cuz my friend c0ckblocked me kinda like ur buddy did u.

My problem was that I lacked variety in my openers but I got a kick out of your 2nd one! Even though I lacked variety, it worked with 1 chick asking me for my # and 2 giving me theirs. Keep it up w/this journal, but for me, I think I'll just make seperate FR's.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Yeah but when you post all of your great experiences people b!tch and moan and call you a braggart or worse

I don't know why but I don't get anyone being too jealous or trolling in my FR's. I get the odd comment about me needing morals but people generally accept my FR's and I've got an image as a result.

I do agree with for the most part, about the jealousy & trolls coming out though. Karma gave me an idea a while back to PM a mod to ask them to delete the useless troll posts from your thread.

However I disagree that its a lose lose situation, you have to take the good with the bad. Its a part of life. I also think STR8UP is the extreme. He's my favourite poster as well but he wouldn't be if he never posted his real life situations. IMO he's got some of the best experience and a totally different perspective than most people because of his VAST experience.

But you are right about people trying to drag others down but my point is, don't worry about what others think, do something because you think its right. I started posting FR's because I wanted to track what I'm doing wrong, I only post a LR if its unique or entertaining.

END HIJACK

Back to Mike. I think you've got a real dilemna with the 6.5. I'm probably pretty certain that she's told the 8 that she likes you and has already claimed you from her. I wouldn't respond to the facebook thing because I think that will only reinforce her liking you. I would simply ignore her and if you ever happen to see the 8 out then make your move then. Remember your cold approaching now, so your going to have way more 8's in your scene. Don't waste your energy on trying to get around the 6.5, its just more work when you can easily get the same without the extra hurdles.

As for the name thing, I'm in the same boat, I'm terrible. Even now, I get people constantly talking to me like I'm a good friend and I've got no clue who they are. But as for remembering a persons name, a trick that was once shared with me was to use it right away. When they say this is Sherri, respond, Hi Sherri, not just hi nice to meet you. Hi Sherri its nice to meet you. Then try and use it at least one more time within the first two minutes of talking to her. It trains your brain that her name is Sherri.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
Good Also, I can't remember exactly what the 8.5's name is, so that is probably going to be a problem as well. I just wrote Andrea in the FR, but now I think her name is actually Caroline.

Guys have any suggestions on that front?

As I progress in this approach journal, I'm going to have to really get better at remembering people's names. Normally when I meet people it takes me three or four times of hanging out with them to remember their names. I usually forget a person's name five minutes after I'm introduced to them.
Make up a little rhyme when you meet the person or relate their name to something personal you will remember about them. For example
Caroline the concierge
Andrea the player

It sounds kinda childish but you will be surprised how quickly it gets stored
in your memory because of something so simple.

As for the HB8.5, if HB6.5 is not a facebook fanatic with +500 contacts, search her friends and add the 8.5, or at the least find out her name again.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
As for the HB8.5, if HB6.5 is not a facebook fanatic with +500 contacts, search her friends and add the 8.5, or at the least find out her name again.
She doesn't appear to be one of those fanatics, but I've found her friend. Looks like Caroline is her name. What do you think about adding her? I haven't done that in the past because I think adding on Facebook shows too much interest, especially when you don't know the girl well.

This whole approach journal is about changing my style up and becoming more aggressive, but I think I'm going to hold off on adding the 8.5 and just bank on seeing her out again on a different night.

Anyway, I'm faced with a dilemma here tonight. None of my friends want to go out, but I want to continue my approaches tonight.

You guys think I should head out to the bars alone? I've only ever done it a handful of times in my life. In my experience, it's either gone really well or really badly.

I also want to watch the Lakers play because I have a feeling Kobe goes off for 45 tonight.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great journal Mike.

You are genetically different.

Stay alpha. :up:

Just thought I'd throw in a little GTA IV humour here. :p

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guys, I went out alone tonight. Forgive the grammar and bad sentence structure in this post because I am kind of drunk right now.

Anyway, I had a few drinks alone at my place then headed out. First bar I walk into, literally within five minutes, the HB 6.5 and the HB 8.5 walk by me. I tap one on the shoulder and they freak out. The 6.5 says "Oh my god are you stalking us?" I said "How do I know you're not stalking me?"

I talked to the 8.5 a little bit, but she had to leave because her parents are coming to visit her tomorrow morning (she is like 22-23). Her name is Caroline, but I called her Caitlin just because she didn't remember my name correctly either.

After the 8.5 left, the 6.5 kept sending sh!t tests at me for some reason. I have a good feeling this particular girl was hot back in the day - like in high school or the early parts of college - but she has since really gone down hill, because she behaves like a hot girl but isn't hot at all. She bought me two drinks then asked me for my phone number (yeah, I felt like I was getting picked up on). I kept plowing through her sh!t tests, but then I realized that I didn't care because I was not attracted to her at all, so I just kept ignoring her every time she sh!t tested me. Eventually, I think she caught the hint that I'm not interested in her at all. She told me that her and her friend are going out for drinks next Wednesday and that I should come out with them. I think I've derailed her attraction for me, and she probably isn't claiming me as "hers" anymore. She has to have gotten the hint that I'm not interested. When I was leaving her and her friends, I told her to say hello to Caroline for me to kind of convey some interest in the HB 8.5 because I will probably be going out with them next week.

This is kind of an aside story, but some guy at the bar I guess took down the 6.5's number before I met up with her. He was mean mugging me the whole time I was talking to her, and when I went to the next bar, I ran into him. He walked up to me and said "Hey, you were the guy who was talking to (the 6.5)!!" I said, "Yeah, what's it to you?" and he said, "Well, is she following you?" and I said "No man, relax" and I just started laughing at him. Then, I realized I wasn't even interested in the 6.5, so I walked up to him later on in the night and started giving him advice about how he should pick her up. I guess he was texting her the whole time I was talking to her and telling her to quit talking to me. I told him to never do that with any girl and that if he wants the 6.5 - or any girl - he needs to relax a little bit and not act so needy. I couldn't tell if he bought into what I was saying or not, but it's kind of a funny story regardless.

The night went very well, except for the fact that I didn't approach any random chicks. I only could find one lone wolf, so to speak, and she had some drunk dude following her around so I just bailed on it and went home. I'm starting to realize that I just don't have the balls to open sets of multiple girls at this point unless I have a wingman with me. There were a couple of different sets of two or three attractive girls, but I just couldn't get up the balls to go in alone. I think this is one of my weak points. Unless the girl is alone, I just can't go into the set to open.

But I guess the night was a success because I have a date with some girls for next Wednesday. I should do some approaches tomorrow because I have a ton of friends who are planning on going out with me, and one or two of them will want to pick up some girls.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went out on Saturday night with a ton of friends. I was working some game on a couple of the girls within the group (I know, I said I'd stay away from social gaming, but I just couldn't help myself). One of them was an HB 9.5, and I seemed to really do well with her. She added me on Facebook yesterday. I didn't get a number on her, but I will see her a lot throughout this summer. There is just one big hitch with her: She is my friend's little sister!!! I'm not really sure how that is going to work out.

But in my drunken stupor on Saturday night, I still realized I had this journal going and forced myself to open some girls.

There was a group of three girls standing by an entrance at the bar we were at. I tried to get my friend to go in with me because as I've said before on here, I suck at opening groups of girls and am only really good with lone wolfs. Still, I approached, without the aid of my friend. My opener is kind of canned, but it's what I use when I can't think of anything unique.

There was a group of three girls: HB 5, HB 7, HB 9. Obviously, I'm interested in the HB 9.

Mike: (Looking at the HB 9) Can I tell you something that might sound kind of creepy?
HB 9: Uhh, I guess.
Mike: You look exactly like my girlfriend, seriously there is no difference.
HB 9: Haha, oh really?
Mike: Yeah, you each have crinkly blonde hair, and you have that sparkle in your eyes. Her eyes are that exact same shade of blue too.
HB 9: Wow
Mike: You guys dress exactly alike too. I think she owns this exact same shirt (I touched her shoulder).
HB 9: Really, what's her name? Maybe we're long lost twins *laughs*.
Mike: You know what, I have to be completely honest with you. I don't have a girlfriend, I was lying.
HB 9: What!? You're an *******. (She pushes me) Why did you say that then?
Mike: Because I had to find a way to talk to you and your friends. You have to admit you enjoyed that.
(The HB 9 laughs a little bit, but it is kind of an appalled laugh)
It was kind of silent for three or four seconds if I remember right.
Mike: So what is you guys' names?
(I don't remember any of their names, so this is kind of an unimportant section)
I small talk some with all of them, and it turns out the HB 7 is from my hometown. That is exactly what I didn't want to hear, because I get in conversation with her and the HB 9 and the HB 5 go to get drinks. They both say they're going to be right back.

I play the "Do you know game" with the HB 7. It turns out we have some friends in common, even though she is a little older than me. She went to a high school that was across town from mine, but I used to run summer track at her school when I was a teenager, so I know some of her friends.

After about five minutes of small talk, the HB 9 and the HB 5 come back, but I'm screwed because I think I have the HB 7 hooked. The HB 7 tells the two who I am and what we have in common with each other and the HB 5 says "Wow, you must be old too!" The HB 9 started laughing like she agreed.

I said, "I'm not old, you're just young." (I think that was a good response. I know STR8UP has a great line for responding to that particular sh!t test, but I couldn't remember what it is.) I asked everyone what their ages were and it turned out all three of them were actually older than me (lol, what a bunch of stupid b!tches). I kind of busted them on that a little bit.

Anyway, I tried reengaging the HB 9, but I couldn't avoid getting into conversation with the HB 7. She kept asking me stuff about where we from. So eventually, I just got frustrated and told them I was going back to my friends. The HB 9 said "Wow, that is cold. Going back to your friends? I think we're getting rejected." And she just kept yelling stuff like that as I was walking away. I didn't have anything clever to say, so I just kept walking.

Even though this particular approach was an exception because I happened to have a lot in common with the HB 7, this is indicative of a problem I have opening sets of multiple girls. I have a very hard time focusing on the one I want. I know the logic here is to just talk to the one I am interested in, but it's weird, I feel like I'm being rude if I just completely ignore the friends. I also like to make people feel comfortable when I'm around them, and to completely ignore someone kind of goes against that sentiment. I have to have a wing with me to keep the friends occupied, or I'm usually screwed.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, I wanted to throw this out there for discussion.

I'm going out with the HB 6.5 and HB 8.5 and probably a few other girls on Wednesday for drinks. The HB 8.5 is really cute, much more so than I realized on the first night I met them. I think I've conveyed to the HB 6.5 that I'm not interested in her, but I'm not completely sure. You guys can read over the thread and tell me whether or not you agree. If you don't agree, how would you go about letting the 8.5 know you're interested her and not the 6.5? I don't think that the 6.5 has claimed me per say, but I get the sense her IL is very high. I also think the 8.5 has high IL as well.

I'm open for suggestions.

I think the biggest thing that is coming out with this journal is that I don't need to learn hone my approaching skills, it's that I need a wingman!!

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I mack alone, I'm just like you in the fact that I can close the "lone wolf" sets a lot easier. When I go solo, I open 2 sets of older women just to practice socializing w/groups. Usually they're married so no pressure. If my wing can step his game up, then maybe, just maybe I'll bring him and we can mack groups.

So no interest in the 7? You're still forgetting names LOL but you are doing well.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The HB 6.5 and the 8.5 flaked on me tonight, but I think there is still a ton of interest from both of them. One of them sent me an IM, saying they were too tired to go out tonight for drinks because they had to get up early for work this morning. I just responded saying that I'd probably see them out tomorrow night or sometime this weekend.

My plan from here on out is to not pursue the 8.5 anymore and just bank on seeing her out at the bars again. I have a feeling if I cut off contact long enough, one of them will text me, message me on facebook or IM to get me to try to come out with them.

I don't really give a sh!t about this, but I forgot how annoying it is to get flaked on. Honestly, I haven't had a flake in maybe even a year. It's very tempting to go back to social game where flakes are much less likely to happen, but I made a commitment to cold approach and I'm going to keep it.

I really want to get good at this in case I have to move to a new city where I don't have an established social circle. Like I said, I have no issue with approaching, building attraction and escalating. I have even gotten my share of numbers in the past, but I'm just not good at organizing dates and I'm not used to having to deal with flakes.

I might go out tonight, and if I do, I will be sure to do at least two cold approaches. Practice makes perfect. I should have a ton of approaches this weekend too, as I'm going to the Indy 500 here in town on both nights. The girls there are kind of white trash, but some of them are hot.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys, I've let this thread die, but I haven't quit approaching at all. In fact, I have gotten very good at approaching in bars and clubs. I was talking with some guys in chat, and I've been encouraged to try to keep this up to date. I will do my best to keep up with it. :up:

These are three cold approaches from this past weekend at a bar/club.

Early in the night, HB 9 at a dance club:

That awful Miley Cyrus song was playing at the club, the one that rips off "I Wear My Sunglass at Night". An HB 9 walks over to the fan at the club to cool off after dancing.

Mike: "Was that a Miley Cyrus song?"
HB 9: "Yeah, I think so"
Mike: "Wow, I'm glad I didn't dance to it, all these guys here have no idea they just danced to a Miley Cyrus song."
I pointed to a group of guys who got way too into the song, and the HB 9 laughs.
HB9: "Haha, yeah, what dorm did you live in? You look familiar"
Mike: "I actually didn't go school (in the college in this city) I went to school down south."
HB9: "Oh well, I'm Katy. What is your name?"
Mike: "I'm Mike, it's nice to meet you."
HB9: "Where are you from?"
Mike: "Right here, lived in this city for 15 years, but I'm not a townie. I live up north. Where are you from?"
HB9: "Haha, that is good you're not completely a townie. I'm from Maryland. I'm going to be a senior (at the college in this city)"
Right as she says this, her friend taps her on the shoulder. All of her friends look to be headed to the bathroom. They are making that line.
HB9: "My friends have to go to the bathroom, but will you be here when I'm back? I still want to talk to you Mike.
Mike: "Yeah, I will be around."

My plan was to run into her again because she was one of the hottest girls there, but other opportunities with different girls arose. I saw her again much later in the night, but didn't approach her again.

Second approach was with a girl I was always see at a bar I go to sometimes. I've never opened her, but I've always been attracted to her. I got a chance to talk to her on Saturday night.

Mike: "I think you live here."
Girl with nose ring: "What do you mean?"
Mike: "You are here every night I come here. Do you leave a credit card here with the bar tenders so you can always have an open tab?"
Nose ring: "Haha, no, guys usually just buy me drinks. Sometimes I have to pay for one myself. That's why I like to come here."
Mike: "Yeah, I know how that goes. I normally don't even bring a wallet with me here. Guys usually line up to buy me drinks."
Nose ring: "*laughs* I don't think guys buy you drinks."
Mike: "Only when I'm feeling extremely charming. What's your name?"
Nose ring: Miranda.

I went through and built rapport with her, but it turns out she is much older than me. She is 28 and I'm just barely 24. I still got her phone number, but I think she is too old for me to pursue anything with. I will probably just wait till I'm at the bar again, then I can open her again and maybe try to swing an ONS. Definitely not a quality girl and probably not even plate-worthy. When I was up close, I noticed her skin was kind of wrinkly and gross. Not a good-looking 28-year-old at all. She also knows my older brother and might have a bit of a past with one of his best friends. That is something I don't want to get involved with.

This third approach was one of my best of the past two months. The setting is, I'm fairly drunk and I'm with some crazy foreign dude who I hit the bars with sometimes.

Crazy foreign dude opens some girl with bad acne. He has no standards, and I've come to expect this from him. Anyway, bad acne girl leaves behind her two friends. The one I approach is about an HB 8, but she has a lot of features I like. She is well-dressed, short and very stylish.

Mike: "I'm Mike, what is your name?" (I was too drunk to be witty, and the situation really didn't need it.)
HB 8: "I'm Lara."
Mike: "Are you from here?"

I fluffed with her for a few minutes then started dancing with her. We had a lot in common, and the bad acne girl actually went to my high school but graduated a few years after me. She was giving me IOIs before my foreign friend hit on her, but she was too far below my standards to approach. She remembered my full name, all the sports I played, the friends I had and the girls I dated. :eek:

I danced with the HB 8 for the rest of the night but couldn't get her to make out with me on the dance floor. I tried a few times and got her to touch lips with me and kiss for a few seconds, but that was all I could get her to do, even though we were practically feeling each other up the entire time. Eventually, she made out with me in the parking lot after I number closed her. Me and my foreign friend almost got the HB 8 and the friend (bad acne girl) to come home with us, but the third friend of theirs literally got in our taxi and told her friends they had to go home. What a huge-ass **** block.

The HB 8 texted me later in the night telling me that it was nice to meet me and that she wants to hangout sometime.

How would you guys have handled the situation in the taxi with the friend who was ****blocking? I probably should have said something like "These girls are both 22 and they can make their own decisions." The whole thing kind of caught me off guard, though.