Finally Met an Alpha Male

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ What he said.

You know, I'd like to make friends with a guy like this. Isn't this what we all aspire to? To be confident, social and strong? It's nice to work towards that ideal, but its even better to see an example in real life once in awhile.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm calling troll. If a guy is 49 years old and has never encountered someone he might consider to be an "alpha male" then that's just strange. The Don Draper character in Mad Men is in general (except in his weaker moments with his wife) a good example of an alpha male. Although he's a little too serious for me.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I'm calling troll. If a guy is 49 years old and has never encountered someone he might consider to be an "alpha male" then that's just strange. The Don Draper character in Mad Men is in general (except in his weaker moments with his wife) a good example of an alpha male. Although he's a little too serious for me.
Don Draper is a fictional character.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew I should have posted this on The MATURE Man's forum. Sheesh. I appreciate those of you who got what I was trying to say however.

Zarky, I'm not saying I've never met an alpha male in my whole life. I'm saying I haven't since coming to Sosuave, which is just about a year. Before coming here, I never even thought about what an alpha male was, I couldn't have cared less.

I suppose I have had some friends who were alphas before, I just didn't think of them as such. Maybe also my standards are too high as to who I consider an alpha male. In my mind, there are very few of them, but maybe they're more common.

I'm sure there are a lot of pimply faced teenagers on here who would claim they were alpha because they read this forum, but I doubt that I would be convinced.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there's a little too much emphasis on being "alpha" here. If it is congruent with your personality, by all means go for it. But I wouldn't call David Beckham, Justin Timberlake and Zac Effron "alpha males." It's safe to say that those 3 men are generally considered to be extremely attractive by most women. Again, their approach isn't the only way.

You have to find what you have going for you and use that to your advantage. If you're really intelligent and successful, that's something. If you're funny, that's something. If you play in a band, that's something.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Don Draper is a fictional character.
No, really? I thought "Mad Men" was a documentary.

The reason I suggested he look to that character was because I assumed that he had no idea how an alpha male carries himself or behaves.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I knew I should have posted this on The MATURE Man's forum. Sheesh. I appreciate those of you who got what I was trying to say however.

Zarky, I'm not saying I've never met an alpha male in my whole life. I'm saying I haven't since coming to Sosuave, which is just about a year. Before coming here, I never even thought about what an alpha male was, I couldn't have cared less.

I suppose I have had some friends who were alphas before, I just didn't think of them as such. Maybe also my standards are too high as to who I consider an alpha male. In my mind, there are very few of them, but maybe they're more common.

I'm sure there are a lot of pimply faced teenagers on here who would claim they were alpha because they read this forum, but I doubt that I would be convinced.
if you couldnt have cared less then why do you care now?

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
I think there's a little too much emphasis on being "alpha" here. If it is congruent with your personality, by all means go for it. But I wouldn't call David Beckham, Justin Timberlake and Zac Effron "alpha males." It's safe to say that those 3 men are generally considered to be extremely attractive by most women. Again, their approach isn't the only way.

You have to find what you have going for you and use that to your advantage. If you're really intelligent and successful, that's something. If you're funny, that's something. If you play in a band, that's something.
I agree with this.

If many women find you "valuable", something about you sets you apart from the average guy. This can be many different things or a combination (ambition, humor, looks, charisma, talent, wealth, status etc.) I can't say any one guy is the epitome of alpha.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
No he's bisexual. Obviously he's a member of Sosuave so he has an interest in girls. But his detailed post says he likes men too.

Now for those of you saying that it's not gay to positively comment on other guys and that it's homophobic not to do so, look at his post again. A heterosexual would say something like 'he's a good looking guy' and leave it at that. But Zekko is very, very detailed about it. That's a homosexual characteristic. But he can't be homosexual, because he likes girls too. So he's bicurious at the least.

So Zekko, you learned something today about yourself.
Grow up.

Attention to oneself and the drive to seek further improvement does not equate to homosexuality.

The qualities Zekko described were what he felt were important and were missing in a lot of men, if you really cared to constantly improve yourself, noticing such traits in another male could not be labeled homosexuality.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you couldnt have cared less then why do you care now?
Back then I wasn't studying seduction. When I started studying seduction, there was a lot of talk about this "alpha male" character. A character I had never given any thought to before. But since this character was being brought up a lot, I started looking around me to find a real life example of it.

I agree with this also. The concept of the alpha male in nature doesn't always translate well into modern society. A big guy isn't usually going to bash your head in with a rock if you become a threat to him.

However, it should be noted that all the guys you mentioned are famous, so they do wield a lot of wealth and influence. They could be considered some of the elite men in our society from that standpoint. Our culture puts a lot of importance on entertainers, especially the successful ones.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems almost like a male fantasy to believe that a tall strong guy is some sort of prerequisite to be considered "alpha".

It probably was a long time ago, but it just doesn't apply to modern men. I've seen to many situations that contradict this example. I'm not saying that you don't have an advantage in the looks department if you do happen to be tall and strong, but it certainly can be bypassed by many other things women consider attractive.

Joe Stud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have worked around lots of prison guards. I have noticed that the good ones are pretty secure in themselves. they seem to go thru a metamorphis when they go into the inmate population. Their chests and arms protrude more. Their walk has NO hesitation. They look people in the eye, and thei walk has an athletic gait, but bulkier as if they carry a lot of muscle. One thing you immediately think when you see them: This guy would have no hesitation if one of the inmates messes with him. And the inmates know the same... mess with him, and you better be ready to go.
I never correlated it to the attractiveness to women though.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nobody's really number 1 but God himself. we all have flaws and insecurities. does he cure the sick? is he the hero of the story? that guy can be somebody's maitenance worker if u look at the reality of it.

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
unsatisfied said:
i remember once i joked in the corridor, "are you living the dream" and he responded "i am the dream" - totally different mindset.
Holy ****, that was awesome.

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
xdreamz said:
nobody's really number 1 but God himself. we all have flaws and insecurities. does he cure the sick? is he the hero of the story? that guy can be somebody's maitenance worker if u look at the reality of it.
**** your god.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have worked around lots of prison guards. I have noticed that the good ones are pretty secure in themselves. they seem to go thru a metamorphis when they go into the inmate population. Their chests and arms protrude more. Their walk has NO hesitation. They look people in the eye, and thei walk has an athletic gait, but bulkier as if they carry a lot of muscle. One thing you immediately think when you see them: This guy would have no hesitation if one of the inmates messes with him. And the inmates know the same... mess with him, and you better be ready to go.
I never correlated it to the attractiveness to women though.
I've known a few prison guards also, and they do have that swagger. They weren't necessarily good with women though. The thing about this guy that got me was the way the women reacted to him. It was like they were desperately trying to please him, and get him to notice them on a deeper level.

josiahseekspath8

Reaction score
Actually, according to these studies http://www.mensaxis.com/alpha-male-traits/ , http://www.tobealpha.com/alpha-male-characteristics/ , most men are Alpha in their respective fields. Generally an Alpha male is something good and dominates at what he does. For example a good carpenter is an alpha because he is ideally good at what he does. Same thing with a good sportsman, accountant, poker player, engineer, scientist, writer and just about any career that one can think of as long as they’re doing a great job out of it.

They are all providers. It will just depend on what kind of Alpha are you looking for. In your case you already found one so congratulations.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, this is an old thread. I had to read the OP to remember who I was talking about. Looking back, I think girls felt safe (protected) around this guy, that's why they liked him. I remember he kept complaining about everyone saying he was a player. Most likely they were true rumors that interfered with him "operating".

Typical immature response by some of the more juvenile posters here. My interest in this subject was due to all the talk about "alpha males" here, and how we are supposed to mimic their behavior in order to attract women. Yet I've rarely run into a real life example that fit the mythical description.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started reading this thread, not realizing how old it was, and was about to put people on warning due to the ridiculous, juvenile responses. Boy, moderation must have been lax around that time period.

I thought it was a good OP and the thread has merit absent the jerks that were on at the time.