"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Fill your life, and love your job

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
888
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
Your life as a DJ is so busy with all your friends and your hobbies that you don't really have time for a girl to fill in the gaps. When one comes along you can fit her in your schedule, but it shouldn't be easy - she has to work for it cos you're having such a busy time anyway.

This has the positive effect that if she forgets to mail or call you, you won't care, or even notice! You won't be waiting for that email or sms message, or have that feeling in your gut that you're alone (we all know this one, eh?), because you're so busy you don't notice. You'll be meeting lots of new women everyday with all your activities, this will keep your current girl(s) on their toes as they know they need to work to keep you.

At work, you should be doing something you enjoy and be motivated! If you are not motivated in your job and career, then that will show in your attitude as a lack of interest in the future and in depression. But!

On the flip side, someone who is motivated, interested and loves their job - that's someone good to be around - their enthusiasm is catching :)

HTH!

Oscar.


Perhaps a rehash of previous tips, but it's important and something I need to follow myself right now. It's also directly related to the last one I posted.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Vassago

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
322
Reaction score
0
This is something I highly recommend. Never make women your #1 priority!
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Bump!
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
1,724
Age
29
Man this is an old thread but it still rings very true lol
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

characternote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
1,257
Reaction score
1,464
I honestly can't imagine even liking a job, never mind 'loving' one lol
I've hated every job i've ever had. Unless you're a porn star or a footballer, I just can't imagine it.
Imagine being happy to work for free. You'd rather 'go to work' than chill at home or go for a beer or whatever lol.
I don't think I know anyone who 'loves' their job tbh
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
I honestly can't imagine even liking a job, never mind 'loving' one lol
I've hated every job i've ever had. Unless you're a porn star or a footballer, I just can't imagine it.
Imagine being happy to work for free. You'd rather 'go to work' than chill at home or go for a beer or whatever lol.
I don't think I know anyone who 'loves' their job tbh
Here are some extreme examples (and I can only name extremes because they're commonly known) of people who probably love(d) their jobs:

Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates. There are plenty more. And plenty normal people who work at their companies.

Not everyone loves their job. Everyone can't, just like everyone can't be rich. Some people can choose to find something they enjoy. Something that brings them the right balance of challenge and purpose (they're needed by others). These people most likely love their jobs.

People who are really good at what they do probably love their jobs. Because it allows them to do cool stuff that other people could only dream of. Like being a good programmer would allow you to work on the latest and greatest machine learning problems - a very hot topic right now.

To say no one loves their job is a miserly outlook on life. Of course, finding much a job is rare. But that doesn't make it impossible.

http://calnewport.com/blog/2010/10/...s-work-is-making-your-working-life-miserable/

 

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
3,361
Reaction score
1,594
Age
43
Here are some extreme examples (and I can only name extremes because they're commonly known) of people who probably love(d) their jobs:

Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates. There are plenty more. And plenty normal people who work at their companies.

Not everyone loves their job. Everyone can't, just like everyone can't be rich. Some people can choose to find something they enjoy. Something that brings them the right balance of challenge and purpose (they're needed by others). These people most likely love their jobs.

People who are really good at what they do probably love their jobs. Because it allows them to do cool stuff that other people could only dream of. Like being a good programmer would allow you to work on the latest and greatest machine learning problems - a very hot topic right now.

To say no one loves their job is a miserly outlook on life. Of course, finding much a job is rare. But that doesn't make it impossible.

http://calnewport.com/blog/2010/10/...s-work-is-making-your-working-life-miserable/

I don't think they loved, I belive they liked to mess with the eletronics enough to build something who could be sold, and also remember they started pretty small in a garage, today is almost impossible, unless you make the prototip of it and then sell the rights of production or rent to a company to produce, because if you don't the cost to produce it will never make the thing take off, hence why most the news things today are more intelectual origin then a physical one. tehre is alos a bottom line of you can be really good on something but not really even like it, you do because it easy enough for you get something from it

also I don't know anything from musk so I doubt he could be used as a example, I know he have money and lots of it, dont know how he get this money, so i'm betting or he sold his image to someone back him up or was rich already, and with taht you can do anything you feel like, and if by luck you make money out of it its nice
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
I don't think they loved, I belive they liked to mess with the eletronics enough to build something who could be sold, and also remember they started pretty small in a garage, today is almost impossible, unless you make the prototip of it and then sell the rights of production or rent to a company to produce, because if you don't the cost to produce it will never make the thing take off, hence why most the news things today are more intelectual origin then a physical one. tehre is alos a bottom line of you can be really good on something but not really even like it, you do because it easy enough for you get something from it

also I don't know anything from musk so I doubt he could be used as a example, I know he have money and lots of it, dont know how he get this money, so i'm betting or he sold his image to someone back him up or was rich already, and with taht you can do anything you feel like, and if by luck you make money out of it its nice
Sounds like you have some research to do then. To be fair, you can't really comment on something you don't know about except from an opinionated point of view. He is the CEO of Tesla and Space-X, and chairman/CEO of a couple other revolutionary startups. Tesla and Space-X are the reason that Elon is called the real life Iron Man. He founded one of the companies that merged to form PayPal, which I'm sure you've heard of.

People like this cannot have such an influence if they don't care about the effort they are spearheading.

Tesla was founded in a garage, btw. In the early 2000's. That's relevant enough to be considered 'today'. Not to mention that most tech startups today still start in garages or from home projects.

And as far as why they do what they do and if they love it, I think you're wrong. Use Steve Jobs as an example. He loved tinkering with things, as you mentioned. And he and his friends became quite good at it. They realized that there was something more to what they were doing and they made a company out of it. But what allowed them this insight? What allowed them to see that it could be more and furthermore, to have the ability to make it into something more? The fact that they were good at it. I'm not saying that everyone loves something just because they're good at it. I am saying that generally, people find 'passion' in things they are good at. I think you'll find more examples of people that do than people that don't.

Anyways, watch what I shared. That's what I believe. Anyone is welcome to agree or disagree. But any further comments from me will just be regurgitation of what I linked so there's no point in me commenting anymore.

Take care!
 
Top