Fighting Part 1

Mastermind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Part 1

I just want emphasize about fighting.

First off, I don't care how strong you are, how great you score with girls or whatever, never, EVER pick on someone big or small.

I am a quiet one, I don't bragg on to others how I can "Beat the sh!t outta them" I don't keep on sayin "You after school" and "You at lunch.

I am confident in my fighting skills and don't need to prove anything, a sigh of some confidence

It is often said that quiet (don't mix this up with shy) guys are usually the toughest, and the big mouths in class that say to everyone "I'll kick your a$$" are usually not necassarilly weak, but often the weaker ones.

This comes into the DJ skills you know: "Confidence"

If you can fight and you seriously know you can fight you wouldn't have to show off to other people that you "are" tough by sayin "after school"

Un-confident guys usually say this, (usually) because they are not sure if they can beat you up and will say this to scare you, and let you lose your confidence.

So when you want to fight, as some people may have said in this forum... let me repeat:

Never, ever fight until the last resort
-------------------------------------------

Part 2 of Fighting coming very soon... in the mean while listen very carefully to what I said. Part 2 will contain more "hands on approaches" - thanks for listening.

This was kind of a short intro. to my Fight Lessons, the next one will be longer.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited 11-10-2001).]

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well said!

I'll be listening you carefully from now on, since you seem to be one of the few that understand what fighting really is all about.

Polaris

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true. I often intimidate people due to being quiet and confident. The talkers are annoying, and I esepecially get tired of hearing people talk about how they are gonna kick someone's ass and then never do it.

Beatnik_666

Don Juan
Reaction score
While thats good advice, i have better advice. If you want to go learn to fight go take lessons, dont spend you time reading "how to fight" articles on the net.

Mastermind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beatnik_666:
While thats good advice, i have better advice. If you want to go learn to fight go take lessons, dont spend you time reading "how to fight" articles on the net.
While that is probably the best advice, since I think your saying get into real fights: the problem is some people haven't fought a lot and need confidence support, and knowledge. The best way to practice fighting is to get a boxin' bag. I have one...but I'll tell you later in part 2, I'm off to school in like 20 minutes, and I'm reading the tips section before school, kind of like a daily routine

Mastermind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I've rescheduled my Fighting Part 2 lessons, because I'm going to write it in word first and try and edit it. So one more week guys sorry.

By the way:

Originally posted by Sociopath31:
Hey, don't make fun of my article! It offers tons of terrible information.
Whose making fun of your article?

Beatnik_666

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mastermind:
While that is probably the best advice, since I think your saying get into real fights: the problem is some people haven't fought a lot and need confidence support, and knowledge. The best way to practice fighting is to get a boxin' bag. I have one...but I'll tell you later in part 2, I'm off to school in like 20 minutes, and I'm reading the tips section before school, kind of like a daily routine

I just mean, getting personal one on one experience in person is the best place to start. I made the mistake of trying to read text before starting lessons and it screwed me up. I find that articles are only really usefull when you know enough of the basics to teach yourself. =) I agree with everything youve said though. I saw a book once that delt with the "rituals" of violent confrontations, like the psychology of attackers and how to defuse the situation without a fight, its the only book thats really kept me riveted from beggining to end.

Sociopath31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, what book. That fascinates me.

I guess I'm lucky enough to be able to learn and control my body from books and videos. In play-fights, people are convinced I'm a black-belt in some martial art.

Granted, books won't work for everyone, and their is no replacement for a human teacher.

dark.spirit

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always avoid fisical confrontations...even when I know that I could broke each single bone of the guy that is trying to provoking me...
I prefer to pretend to be chiken because I know enough about fighting: enough about how to use my body and my skills to make some real damage.

there is no honor in hurt a fellow man if you can avoid it!

I think the exceptions are when you are forced to defend your self or other person or when your honor and self respect are in game...like if someone call you gay or something like that.

------------------
dark.spirit

"Opt by peace...because dark.spirit make no prisioners..."

"those who follow the way fight with spirit..."

"those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know..."

MattK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dark.spirit:
I always avoid fisical confrontations...even when I know that I could broke each single bone of the guy that is trying to provoking me...
I prefer to pretend to be chiken because I know enough about fighting: enough about how to use my body and my skills to make some real damage.

there is no honor in hurt a fellow man if you can avoid it!

I think the exceptions are when you are forced to defend your self or other person or when your honor and self respect are in game...like if someone call you gay or something like that.

You'd fight someone cos they called you Gay.
LMAO.
If someone calling you gay affects you that much, I suggest you switch the light on and find the door handle to the closet.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything Else.