Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fight Club?

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gasoline mixed with laundry detergent makes pretty good napalm. But I think that you're missing the point... This movie isn't about mixing explosives! - Go watch it.

Oh yeah, Hannibal Lecter was a chump.

Great post, squirrels.

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I will agree he was a chump....Especially in the end of Hannibal... It's like he wanted to be Van Gogh... but with a girl.... crazy artists

The reason I thought it was DJ was mainly because of his attitude... watch the first scene where they meet... he can read her like a book... his only problem is he didn't have testosterone to use it to get her... but then again the guy who threw *** on her didn't get her either...:p

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont really think that good ol' hopekins was overly DJish

Fight club on the other hand is a whole different story. I could tell you that story, but I think squirrels hit the nail on the head completely.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CapiCrimini
watch the first scene where they meet... he can read her like a book... his only problem is he didn't have testosterone to use it to get her.
Well, being in a prison cell makes it rather hard to get women in the first place. Really though, he came off very creepy. He insulted her so badly that she cried her eyes out! - The dude was a mental case, not a DJ.

Fight Club isn't exactly what I would call a 'DJ' movie, but it is a movie for men. Thats what I like about it.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they had the real way to make napalm but the fbi made em take it out, cuz people with too much spare time would try it.... now they have to go online and search for it

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Read the book.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: This is my life, and it's ending one minute at a time

Originally posted by phenom
Bought the DVD and have watched it several times. I have also been watching bits and pieces that have really been inspiring (ie. Tyler's middle children of history speech and when he tells the store clerk to go chase his dream as a vetenarian).

I don't watch the movie for the fights and violence, I watch it because it has a really deep, though provoking message. Yes we men have lost our balls over the years. It is not our fault for the most part but we are responsible to ourselves to emrace our masculinity and be who we were meant to be, MEN.

The message I got from the movie is to not be a nice guy like Norton who is owned by all his material possessions. But to not be on the opposite end of the spectrum where Tyler is either. That is why Jack's manifestation of Tyler died in the end. Why Jack didn't die after shooting himself in the head and was capable of walking and talking, I don't know. But thats Hollywood and I don't care.

The point of the movie is to find your balance within yourself and let what truly does not matter, slide. Chase your dream and improve yourselves in evey way, fellas, and the women will come.

My three favorite quotes from Fight Club:

"Things you own, end up owning you."
"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes; working jobs we hate, so we can by sh*t we don't need."
"We're a generation of men raised by women; I'm wondering if a another women's really the answer we need."

This is a good website regarding the analysis of Fight Club and all its symbolism.
http://orr.justblow.us/slide.html
i could not agree more with everything you said, except i haven't bought the dvd ;)

i watched the film a few times a couple of years back and didn't take much out of it. i just thought it was about a meaningless split personality. but after getting involved in all this dj stuff, about masculinity, expressing your sexuality, feminisation of society etc (and in that respect the film is very closely connected to being a dj), i now find that the film is a masterpiece. there were so many great moments in it and so much to take away. those three quotes listed above all stand out powerfully and that scene with the guy who wants to become a vet moved me like that post "buried alive" did

another one of my favourites

"Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives."

i think "We're a generation of men raised by women; I'm wondering if a another women's really the answer we need" is the best one in the movie. i love the anti-feminism theme that runs through it, cuz that's one of the main things on my mind right now

that site is well worth looking at - http://orr.justblow.us/slide.html
cheers phenom

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about DJ material, but it's a great movie. I think the only DJ **** about him is how confident Tyler Durden is, and disses all the retarded **** people do nowadays. I totally love the movie, but mainly thanks to the way they speak about how today most men lost their **** and people will do anything to be how people want them to be :D I see it happening every day, and it was good to see a movie where they totally tear it appart. The ending is like 1% of the movie, actually it's even less. The conversations simply kick as.s.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh, i've been listening to the dialogue again and again. it's much more philosophical than your average film

it's so funny when jack's boss puts up his hand and says in a pansy voice "can i get my decor in cornflower blue please?". ha! then when i was at the gym today, an exact replica starts whining "one assumes they wouldn't do that". i don't think i'll ever use those words in my life. anyway, i think the movie's spot on about the need for masculinity.

phenom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Gav. I, like yourself, saw this movie when it first hit the theatres about 5? years ago and only got out of it was the twist near the end. I agree with Charisma; it was only about 1% of the movie, if that.

I went out and bought the DVD the first of August after reading this forum for the last 3 months and was totally blown away by it. I felt like this movie was directed at me personally. I've taken so much more out of it than when I first saw it. Everytime I watch it I take something more out of it.

It really is a great movie for those of us looking to improve our lives. It is probably one of the most philosophical movies once you peel away the surface.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fight Club

I finally really watched Fight Club. I had read the book years ago and the script followed pretty close to the script.

Entertainign movie, I like Edward Norton and shyte, Brad Pitt looks damn good in that movie. I come from a very strong history of very staunch and pure heterosexuality BUT, I gotaa admit, I wouldn't mind looking lie Brad Pitt did in that movie...perhaps a little taller. He was more convincing as a tough guy in Snatch, but yeah, looked really good in Fight Club.

I dont think there is any material there for a DJ mentality per se, perhaps a couple of good lines, like "perhaps women are the last thing we need right now" BUT, it is just a movie....but very entertaining.

I am glad that enough dudes lactated over it enough for me to bother with it, cause it was a good flick....as good as the book.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TYLER
Two, equal parts gasoline and diet
cola. Three, dissolve kitty-litter
in gasoline until the mixture is
thick.

JACK
Pardon me?

That's not from the movie at all. Maybe it was in the book.

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When jack shot himself in the end the reason he didnt die and tyler is, is because right before jack shot himself he moved the gun off to the left, so the bullet went through his cheek, instead of his skull. Tyler however didn't know this, and was shot through the back of his head like he expected.

Thats how I saw it anyway.

Finlay

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of the film relates to the 48 laws of power if anybodys knows of these?

Law 1
Never Outshine the Master- Tyler made up all the rules, nobody ever tried making there own rules, whatever he said went down.Diod anybody other than tyler/jack ever try and dictate the play?

Law 3
Conceal your Intentions-
"first rule of fight club, you do not talk about fight club, second rule of fight club, third rule of fight club- you do not talk about fight club"

Law 4

Always Say Less than Necessary^^^^^

Law 6-Court Attention at all Cost - hence project mayhem

Law 7
Get others to do the Work for you, but Always Take the Credit-
"did you hear about the guy who invented fight club? he's agreat man"

Law 9
Win through your Actions, Never through Argument

remember when the owners of theclub bust in on them and threatened to kill tyler?

Law 16
Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor-
Jack used to be both tyler and jack with the chick(forget her name) when he was jack she didnt like him thought he was a freak.

Law 17-Keep Others in Suspended Terror: Cultivate an Air of Unpredictability.

speaks for itself

Law 27Play on People’s Need to Believe to Create a Cultlike Following-
One of the main themes in the movie maybe?

Law 28

Enter Action with Boldness -agen the tyler/jack situation

Law 30-Make your Accomplishments Seem Effortless

Law 35-Master the Art of Timing

Law 37
Create Compelling Spectacles

do i really need to go through all of these, does everybody get the message?

Please tell me somebody has read the 48 laws of power?or by all means correct me if im wrong

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone says the movie is NOT about women... on the contrary the entire movie completely REVOLVES around a woman.

When Marla Singer entered his life EVERYTHING changed and her presence basically set off the sequence of events that would follow.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When jack shot himself in the end the reason he didnt die and tyler is, is because right before jack shot himself he moved the gun off to the left, so the bullet went through his cheek, instead of his skull. Tyler however didn't know this, and was shot through the back of his head like he expected.
Exactly what happened! :D

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who's Jack? Did you guys just arbitrarily give the unnamed narrator a name?

Anyway...Yes, the movie is awesome. Yes, the book is awesome. Yes, the book differs from the movie but the movie remains awesome. I really think the only way you cannot enjoy this movie or not get something out of it is if you're the type of person who's turned off by violence or self-destruction or if you simply do not understand it.

It's truly one of those movies you will not fully understand or fully enjoy by only seeing once (unless someone explains it to you beforehand, thus ruining the movie).

Now, the movie really is not about women, per se. Yes, Marla is a main character, but she's mostly used in the movie to make Edward Norton's character and Tyler Durden seem like different people and set off certain events or situations to move the plot along. Simply put, she's a plot device. That's it. You could really reach for a connection saying this movie is about women in society or whatever, but I really wouldn't go down that road.

I would say this movie is mostly about a struggle between accepting your life versus taking extreme actions to "better" it. It shows a really deep/dark perspective of the true power of the human mind and what it's capable of doing if one is so inclined to let it.