Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fifteen Lessons

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice post man. *pats the postman*

good job pook! there's some stuff in there i haven't heard before and a lot of stuff i need to put into practise. you explain things well.

Originally posted by RogueMarauder

I'm curious though, what credentials do you feel you have that enable you to dispense such advice?

he's a pook

dereklearnslow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook, I love you.

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by baseballDJ

In every lesson I have actually seen myself in them. When I was a nice guy I did everything. I got a flood of memories coming back and they sure are making me tired. Whether good or bad I don't know but it sure did make me think
That's the genius of this post. I identify with so much of it. Brilliantly written.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RogueMarauder
Right, I've lurked here for years and know who he is and how he's progressed. I won't get into it; Pook himself once said:
"Let's just deal with the ideas presented and leave out the personalities. After all, you came here to help yourself, not to fantasize over poster."

So in trying to stay with the ideas presented: the 'lessons', while eloquent and well thought-out, made me uneasy due to the fact that no hard evidence (case-studies, surveys etc.) was presented to show proof that these behaviorial theories are true and successful in reality. Now they do strike me as intuitive,
'my gut' tells me they work; and according to lesson five that's all I need to become convinced. But, as anyone who has attempted a change of habit or self-improvement, intuitive to understanding is one thing; intuitive to action is quite another.
Yes you are true, knowing and to put knowledge into action is very different things, the most important thing that seperate AFC and DJ. However, just because something isn't scientifically proven doesn't mean it doesn't work. Think about human progress the last 1000 years, would people think the things we know now was possible, flying in space, splicing atoms, etc... no.

Intuition is an automatic, possibly subconscious response to an environmental trigger. What behavioural scientists are finding out is that these responses are more learned than any natural instinct. Animals have been trained to never react to pain. Atheletes, military forces, prizefighters have heightened instincts in their fields. Did Mother Nature bless the boxer with 'gut feelings' to dodge a punch? No, he trained.

What's my point? That without some practice at boxing or moving in for a kiss or recieving dating advice or insert your situation here, your gut is pretty unreliable (as implied by preliminary scientific findings) and, in my personal opinion, seems akin to acting on your emotions, which is usually condemned by a good deal of authorities on sosuave. This might all sound a little existential and depressing, but it also sounds intuitive to my understanding as well.
How can we answer such questions that arise? One way is to field test. Take the lessons or any specific advice at face value and incorporate it to our lives. Practice the rules, train our instincts to respond the way we want. This is the paraphrased mantra of SoSuave for the few years that I've kept up, and I've applied a lot of good, useful advise to my own life with positive results. If the advice, and consequently our instincts, are wrong however, a great deal of time and effort are required to unlearn the bad instincts, we all know this.
Even if you learn the wrong things you'll come to the understanding it doesn't work. We KNOW there are other ways to approach women and life, AFCs don't they believe they are doing the right thing. You do however need a great deal of experience under your belt to get a really good gut feeling. Now, this is YOUR responsibility, not pooks. He tells you the things that work, you go try it out, understand things and get a paralell to your own life. When you do this you understand more of the lessons and you start to find a own way to go, and you come back here and write the stuff you learn.

Can we avoid this expensive trial and error?
NO WAY! Experience of failing before succeding will tell you what is wrong. It may not be fun at the moment you fail but the lessons from failing is more rewarding than succeding. Failing = understanding, succeding = more motivation to get understanding.

The lessons begin in that “Foresight teaches gently; error teaches brutally.” Indeed, by knowing the right way the first time, you save yourself a lot of time, effort and pain. You only have one remaining doubt: "How do I know this is the right way?" Were there any examples of success? Have average, real people used these lessons and achieved what was intended? Or were you just told?
Yes, I have used them and I am sure many others have too. Read my original reply and you'll have my life story.

This brings us full circle to the first question: What are the writers 'credentials'? How did he come to the conclusions that he did? People say they identify with the lessons. How in your past did you use them to achieve your goals?
Name a lesson and I'll give you 12 ways I have applied it to my life, everyone is spot on. Pook came here a chump too and this stuff is from his own experience.

Lifeforce

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exceptional post Pook. You should be doing seminars and making some money from your valuable experiences and studies. You have just helped thousands of men and boys improve their life, congrats :)

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Speechless !! Amazing post that provides motivation and clearance yet again , after all that tunnel vision i've had these past days .

Graziee Pook

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Best post I've ever read on this website. I got goosebumps reading that. Anyone and everyone can relate to this post.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll join the throng and say good post. However, lifeforce deserves some props for a good add on. Cheers.

Can't reall get too excited about it, i just read "secret of the jerk" and got a boost. Going out to make my life better.

*leaves chair spinning"

Last edited:

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I gave up on this forum months ago, I went out into the world without any guide, things went well for a long time, but in the last year I had hit a wall with everything except college. College, the one thing I had down, and would go to, and go home. I had opportunities with women, with jobs, I botched most of them because in my new situation I sought comfort over risk and challenge.

No more, I was once the warrior wearing his armor and battle, but as of late I have been sitting around in it, finely polished, doing nothing. So I came here looking for that original thing I read that made me jump into action, and instead I found this post better then the first ones I read here so many years ago.

Time to risk it all, to make my world better in my final push before college ends. The world I was in no loger exists and serves as an illusion in my mind trying to provide changeless comfort. Risk is the element I lost, all the amazing things I have done seemed like they were done by someone else for a while. But this post made me remember it was always me and how I got there.

Pook doesn't need hard facts or science, backing his info, doing that only bogs you down in a world of inaction and safety. Read the words like they came from a sage and let them dissapear into smoke before they bog you down.

Thank you Pook

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook, PM me before you post so I can get ready to add something to the Bible...Good work.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The material is sound as always.

I have to admit, though, by the time I got to 12 or 13 I was just skimming for the stuff in bold. Perhaps TOO much literary flourish in one post? LOL :)

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
I hate to be the bad guy here but this post is really not that great. It's definitely not bad, Pook, and what you wrote was true, but it's still not your best work. The format was too repetitive, I got tired of seeing you slap that poor kid around so much! Like squirrels said, you read up to a certain point and then you skim because it gets redundant and predictable. Kind of a disappointment actually....

Boooooo!!!!!! Hisss!! *throws rotten tomatoes at Pook*

Black Casanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
*the crowd turns and looks at Don Ronny*

*there is a silence*

*the crowd moves in*

THE REST OF THIS POST WAS DELETED FOR GRAPHIC CONTENT

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent stuff Pook. Glad you are still here. We've lost some good people over the years but it's good to know you're still here to expand on your knowledge on the Universe of Women.

Maximus_Decimus

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really liked lesson 13, and it's something I've pondered for a while. I'm best with girls when I tease them a bit, when I'm playful with them. Society teaches us not to be like that. But how do guys(boys...males) treat girls in their natural state, before they've been socialized? They tease them. They poke fun at them. They're playful with them. We're born with the ability to treat women how they want to be treated; we just forget about it as we get older.

Interesting stuff. And again, great read.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing, though:
Many women consider your looks, your career, what you can offer them, before your integrity and character.
What exactly do you mean by this? Are you saying the former traits are a higher priority than the latter? Or that those are the initial things that draw a woman to a man, and the latter is what keeps her interested? Because, from what I've experienced (mostly second-hand), character (and its many facets) get a guy further than money and looks.