FIFA WORLD CUP - Official thread!

Reaction score
anyone notice the world cup getting more publicity this time around than before..i dont know, like I'm seeing that **** all over TV and stuff.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man...someone else musta saw the Ecuador game. they were looking hella clean. Their possession football was on point. That game woulda been a blow out but they had so much lost possession in the attacking third after stringing 5+ great passes. Other than that it was great one touch football that reminded me of the brazillians, and many breathtaking defense stops. I can see them causing quite a ruckus in the tourney.

Oh and Lahm's goal didnt hold a flame to the rocket of a shot that Fring put in... You could see him teeing it up and went to hit the ball in the sweet spot but i thought it would just be deflected or misfired as usual

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microphone Fiend said:
Man...someone else musta saw the Ecuador game. they were looking hella clean. Their possession football was on point. That game woulda been a blow out but they had so much lost possession in the attacking third after stringing 5+ great passes. Other than that it was great one touch football that reminded me of the brazillians, and many breathtaking defense stops. I can see them causing quite a ruckus in the tourney.

Oh and Lahm's goal didnt hold a flame to the rocket of a shot that Fring put in... You could see him teeing it up and went to hit the ball in the sweet spot but i thought it would just be deflected or misfired as usual
I saw the Ecuador game. I am from and living in ecuador right now. It was a beautiful game. your comments are good. I hope brazil loses though. I am sick of them winning almost every year. It is time for a new champ(Ecuador, just kidding).

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, DAMN, what strikes by Lahm and Frings!

What an opening game to the tournament!

Ecuador looked good, Id rather seem a more flamboyant team such as Ecuador go through in preference to a systematical Poland! Ecuador looked good in qualifying, hopefully they can hold their form throughout the tournament! Would be good to see them go far!

England V Paraguay in several hours, doubt Paraguay can win, but I can see them holding out a draw. And I think its Argentina V Ivory Coast, that should produce some exciting football!

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Santa Cruz out injured. Fully fit England Squad......Anything but a win is unacceptable

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I just made a few bets, Owen to be the first goalscorer against Paraguay. A 2-0 England win, and a win later on for Argentina over Ivory Coast by 2-1 (I expect Drogba to get a goal for the IC).

Ha ha, hopefully I get at least one of the bets up!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well I gotta say, on England's showing today, had they been playing a better team they'd've got slaughtered.

liked the look of Germany though. Costa Rica aren't a bad side at all.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well picked the Argentina V Ivory coast result, but missed the England one! Damn, IC are pretty good, they deserved a draw against Argentina! Drogba is the man! Looks so dangerous, both on the ground and in the air!

IC plays a fast, entertaining game of football!

Netherlands to beat Serbia and Montenegro tonight, will be interesting to see how their D can shut down Robben and Ruud.

Toushi

Don Juan
Reaction score
B-Lemond said:
Portugal is soon to play.

How in the world is Ricardo Quaresma NOT on the Portugal team in WC 2006?

:eek:
I know. But I'll trust our coach. He proved he was worthy... Let's see.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holland - Serbia & Montenegro

1-0

Van der Sar and Robben played a great match.
The defense isn't that solid though. Ruud didn't do that well either. But we had a lot of ball possesion and won even with a German guy as referee :p

Holland's gonna win this one!!

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, the czechs STOMPED us good. It's almost like we didn't even put up a fight. I don't think I"ll be able to watch us take on Italy, that's gonna be a massacre at this rate

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess this comes to prove how all you american fans are noobs regarding football.