Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Field Report!!

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today I went to the mall with two of my good friends, and I was expecting pretty good things, considering I got a personal best five numbers the last time we went. Although my quest for a relationship hasn't shown it, I have been doing much better in the field lately, from my first in-field number, to my five last time. I come out today thinking things would be the same, since I was quite proud of the fact that I had a 100% success rate. I was naive enough to think that I wouldn't ever get rejected, but for some reason, I still felt that fear when I went to approach. Eventually, this two-set with one decent looking red-head and one SUPER HOT blonde (HB 9 at least...Heidi Klum type...) sit down together. I say to my friend, "Come on, these are ours."

So, me and my friend go up to them, and I take the lead.

Me: "Hey guys! You see our friend back there?"
Them: "No..."
Me: "He's the one back there, at the drink machine"
Them: "Oh yeah, I see him!"
Me: "He just bet us twenty bucks that we wouldn't come up and talk to you guys and get your numbers."
Them: *Smile and laugh*
Me: "I figured, hey, you guys seem like you'd be fun to talk to."
*Some more talk happens there, but I don't remember it all*
Them: "We'll give you our number if you give us the twenty bucks."
*This was the FIRST time I haven't gotten a favorable response in the field, and it was kinda like "Woah...WTF...this isn't supposed to happen"*
Me: "That's not a very good deal! What, we're paying to get your number?!"
Them: "He's paying you, you'd just be giving it to us."
Me: "Ok then...I'll give you the twenty bucks."
Them: *Laughing and smiling again* Ok, are you telling the truth?
Me: "Yeah, of course."
Me: "If you couldn't tell...I'm a really bad liar ;)"
Them: "So, you lied?"
*This is where I blew it, I believe. They were at least into the interaction, and I was getting them to laugh and have fun...if I would have had an answer for this, it would have kept the door open and kept the vibe alive. Insead...they stumped me*
Me: "Um...yeah."
*We talk for a second after this, but my stupid response killed the whole thing, and it was like a "switch" turned off*
Me: "So, numbers now?"
Them: *Look at each other* "No, sorry."
Me: "Ok, cool, we'll see you guys later."

That was my FIRST failure in the field. More than getting sad or flustered about it...it made me ANGRY. I'm one of the most competitive people in the world, and when I failed with that hot blonde girl, I was as mad as I get when I lose a football game. My friend didn't say much, but I also didn't give him the chance to. He's not the best player...and that's the first time he's ever actually been in set. He wasn't at fault. I think I did decent, but blew it...and that got under my skin. The friend I approached with then went into a Champs store to buy a Memphis hoodie. I jokingly blamed my friend to my other friend, like he jinxed me or something, considering I've been perfect without him...but that's just the way things go. I'm hard-headed, and I don't accept defeat, so I return to the girls (still sitting there) alone.

Me: "I KNOW I'm back..."
Them: *Another laugh and smile, this time more*
Me: "I lied about lying... :D"
Them: "Why should you get our numbers....you've lied to us like five times already"
Me: "Twice, actually...and it could be a lot worse!"
Me: "BUT...I know why you guys wouldn't give me your numbers the first time. It was my friend...don't worry about him, he's just shy when he first meets people ;)"
Me: "So...what are your names?"
Them: "I'm Stephanie (the HOT blonde) and this is Molly"
Me: "I'm *my name*, nice to meet you guys. God, it's taken me five minutes just to get your names! Haha, it's going to take me 'til 8'o-clock to get your numbers."
Molly: "Haha, the mall closes at 7"
Me: "Oh really?"
Molly: "Yep!"
Me: *Checks cell-phone* "Well, I've got a good...two hours and fifty minutes. Might as well get to work!"
Me: "I'm gonna get back to my friends soon though...so how about I get your numbers now..."
Stephanie: "I actually have a boyfriend, but she doesn't!"
Me: "Really?! You have a boyfriend?"
Stephanie: "Yeah, he works at Vitamin World, his name is Ross. You can go talk to him if you want."
Me: "Haha, I may have to."
Stephanie: "Haha, yeah, tell him his girlfriend Stephanie sent you."
Me: "Haha, ok, cya guys"
Them: *Smiling and laughing* "Bye!"

I closed and recovered ALRIGHT...it's always good to leave them smiling and knowing you've done your best.

Soon after that, we were walking around the mall, and my friend spots this SUPER hot girl...no lie, she was an HB 9.5. My friend was like "There you go dude, she's alone!"

It was the perfect situation, and I knew I had to do it. She was walking towards me...so I said hey and stopped her

Me: "Hey!"
Her: *Stopping snd smiling* "Hey!"
Me: "You see my friend over there? He's trying to act like he doesn't see me, haha."
Her: "Haha, yeah?"
Me: "Well, he bet me that I wouldn't come and talk to you, and get your number! Twenty bucks actually, and I figured hey, twenty bucks is twenty bucks, and you seem pretty cool!"
Her: *Starts genuinely laughing and smiles* "Actually, I'm not from here."
Me: "Oh really? Where are you from?"
Her: "Chattanooga"
Me: "That's cool! I like it there, I'm actually going to UTC next year *total BS, but ya know*"
Her: "Really?! I go there now!"
Me: "Cool! Are you a junior...senior?"
Her: "Haha, I'm a freshman actually"
Me: "Wow! I was way off!"
Her: *Laughs and smiles*
Me: "So, what's your name?"
Her: "Amanda."
Me: "I'm *my name*, nice to meet ya"
Her: "Thanks!"
Me: "Why are you in town, anyway?!"
Her: "I'm visiting some friends from UT. Are you from here?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm from Knoxville"
Her: "Cool!"
Me: "I'll have to find you when I go to Chattanooga!"
Her: "Yeah! I'll probably see you there!"
Me: "I've gotta get going, but, what's your number?"

Then, I pull out my phone, and get the number!

Me: "Cya later!"
Her: *Smiling* "Cya!"

I made a mistake...I shouldn't have went for the number...I'm a HS Junior...although I can pass for older...and she doesn't live close to me, so a number is good for nothing but pride, bragging rights, and practice. I should have asked her to go to the movie in the mall that me and my friends were going to see, or taken her to the Thomas Kinkade Gallery *We know the guy there...he is AWESOME* and sat on the couch her and played with the dimmer lights. I didn't think about it at the time though, all that entered my mind was getting the number. Oh well...damn!

I'd appreciate feedback from you guys on how I did, what I did right, what I did wrong, and how I can improve. Thanks!

TheMaestro87

Don Juan
Reaction score
First approach sounded alright until you said you were lying. This might be a hindsight bias type thing (although I think you could have come up with this on the fly) but you should have said something along the lines of "here [hand her a $20 bill] write your phone number on here" She obviously has to give the bill back.

or

"You didn't actually think I would pay for your phone number, did you? You two must be some serious gold diggers!"

TheMaestro87

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the second approach. Nothing wrong with getting the number there, as you get better, you'll go for other closes. What was good about the approach was your nonthreatening way of getting the number, asking her to be able to hang out when you get there next year or whatever.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that pretty girls are often extremely friendly.

Your second approach seemed to demonstrate very good flow of action...no stumbles or awkward moments. You did tell fibs but I think that's better than letting the convo faulter. You can always blame her for your white lies or make up a weird chick-logic excuse, or ignore it and change topics. :D

The first approach. I would have dropped a boyfriend destroyer in there...at least tease her about the fact that you bet he's a real nice guy who does things for her and buys her flowers, standard David DeAngelo.

I suspect they would have talked about you later because you didn't get discouraged when the faux pas stuffed up the first attempt. Blaming your friends isn't cool, but I've done that too once or twice, so...I can't talk!