"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Field Report for the Night

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
So I just got back from the movies, I went to see "The Village" with one of my buds. It was a pretty good movie btw.

Anyways, as I was walking to the theatre my bud spots 2 HB's walking behind us. I slow down and they happen to be going to the same movie and end up sitting a row down from us. I will start by naming them HB A and HB B. I was EC'ing HB A the whole time until the movie started and it got dark.

When the movie ends, I get beside them and start a convo. (yes i know a group isnt good for PU's but I just wanted to talk) I say "So what did you guys think of the movie?". They reply with random stuff and whatever. So I ask them their names and ask if they just came by themselves. The one replies with "Yea we decided to leave our bf's at home". So I quickly replied with "Yea I decided to leave my girlfriends at home, I got too many." You should of seen her face, she looked like she was gonna cry or something. Then I walked away....

On my way to my car, I see a nice HB 8 sitting there with her UG friend. So I got some EC and decided to go in. I started talking and found out they wanted to see the same movie but it got sold out. I asked what her name was, yadda yadda yadda.... Got some pretty good rapport going but didnt close. I probably could of got a # close but I wasnt really concerned.

Overall, I felt pretty good and I feel I can approach any girl with no problems now.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Bone Thug Mug

New Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Nice comeback to the boyfriend "rejection" or whatever the **** you wanna call it, haha, sounds like she was pretty surprised at the size of your balls huh. It's pretty awesome having the guts to say what you want when you want, without any fear whatsoever. It's money when you can approach every HB you set your eyes on.
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Your ability to cold approach deserves merit. But, you should've closed the hot girl after the movie. Why not why not, right? :)
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
yea your right I should of but I was glad just to be able to cold approach any HB I wanted. So I was satisfied with the night.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
yes keep it up paintball guy..
one step at a time.. and always learn your lessons
:D
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Nice effort my man. But you do realize that the 'boyfriend' line isn't necessarily the 'torpedo' that will sink all your chances, right? Sometimes (though not always), she doesn't have a boyfriend, but is uncomfortable being approached by a random man in a non-pickup environment, and thus shot you down. You could've tried to circumvent this with some witty and funny remarks, and walked away with her number. This btw is a result of social conditioning - phobia introduced by horror stories of rapes (media), and also the anti-slut defense, which is pretty much standard on all women these days.
 
Top