Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Field Report: Emo club - best night out at a club in living memory

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To give you a bit of background, I've been jaded with the whole club scene for a while now. Night game and clubbing is definitely not my strength as I still suffer some approach anxiety. Last time especially was a bad experience - my mate and his girlfriend tried to set me up with her frigid 21yo virgin sister, while their attached HB8 attention ***** friend flirted outrageously with me. The couple then had an enormous tiff, of which I was embroiled in the centre of :down:

That plus there were stuck-up looking skanks everywhere!

I've dropped my game slightly over the last couple of months after ending two fvck buddy relationships with somewhat unstable girls - one of those messily. However in terms of my social status at work and conversational skills with guys and girls I see day-to-day (including some randoms), things could not be better.

I was invited to an emo/punk club by a cool younger guy at work (Stacky), who has taken quite a liking toward me as we have similar interests and are equally sociable. He even confided in me personal details about his terminally ill dad and depression issues, as he said he could tell I was the most genuine easy going guy at work and "above all the sh1t". in my opinion all this is the key benefit of "DJ skills" - to be admired and respected by both guys and girls!

Now apart from going to punk band concerts, I'd never been to an emo club before despite being PASSIONATE about this kind of music. I had negative images in my head of face-painted goths and dykes everywhere, chain-smoking and acting generally unsociable!

Damn was I wrong!

I entered the club, paused at the entrance and scanned the room for my friends. The crowd was clearly different to a typical nightclub - but apart from the weirdo with a mohawk taller than his torso and a dykey fatty with a torn schoolgirl outfit, they were just normal kids. Guys mostly wore black or dark t-shirts and the girls were cutely hot in studded belts and t-shirts and singlets. Not a dress in sight! But these are my kind of chick so I was extremely pleased.

I spotted Stacky and his friends and we did the whole man-hug hand-shake greeting thing. They were wearing eyeliner, black nail polish and real emo-style clothing but it wasn't over the top. They actually suited the style perfectly and it didn't look lame at all. I was wearing a red band t-shirt and black jeans with no makeup :)D), so I looked half-emo.

I couldn't help but think about Mystery and his peacocking! Now I could understand how dressing up but acting congruent to your personality can work. And here I was almost "reverse peacocking" - looking different to everyone else in a positive way.

Despite their emo look, I've never hung out with such a friendly and enthusiastic bunch of guys before. The positive energy was flowing (unlike other club nights where all the guys are nervously subdued) and despite my soberness I was having an awesome time already.

The main thing about last night that I REALLY want to emphasise to you guys is the usage of kino. This group were all pretty touchy-feely in a non gay way. If a favourite track came on you'd get an arm around the shoulder or tap on the back, and it was happening naturally. A female friend of theirs bounded into the club and she absolutely LOVED hugs - I seriously reckon she hugged Stacky at least 50 times over the course of the night. I never spoke to her once but got about 5 hugs - the first time when I held my arms outstretched in the hug position as she walked towards our group.

Another flirty female workmate arrived and her hands were wandering everywhere the whole time we first greeted. Needless to say I was becoming extremely comfortable with kinoing guys and girls in a very short time (an old and critical weakness of mine, especially while sober).

By this stage I was barely noticing random girls until, while chatting with some dude about moshpit etiquette I noticed our group had begun to intermingle with a group of 5 or so cute girls. I signalled my awareness of this with some brief eye contact with one of them, then ignored and went right back to joking and laughing with the drunk friend. When he left for a piss I chatted to the girl work friend and her buddy (who unfortunately wasn't "getting it" - the party atmosphere). It was a good 10 minutes before I sidled back up to the others with a pat on the back, and almost immediately one of them (not hot but cute enough) hugged me hard and asked my name.

This was announced to the others, which led another blonde to break off from her conversation and greet me. She was OK looking but moderately thick around the waist (HBChubby :p). However, she was cool and fun to riff with. Around this time Stacky was pointing at me while talking to clearly the cutest of the group (HBCute). She was following his gaze with a gorgeous smile on her face and right then I decided I wanted to fvck her.

The awesome thing was I knew what he was telling her. He thinks I bear a striking resemblance to the frontman of Dashboard Confessional - a band this type of crowd respects and loves. He's actually kinda right! So I've found myself with a new nickname - Dashy - and he tells this to every new person we come across! I've gotten used to being ****y/funny about it by saying I'll be serenading everyone later with a love ballad etc. Social proof here in abundance - nicknames are amazing guys so use them with your friends when gaming in clubs.

***CONTINUED BELOW***

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HBChubby was clearly interested in me based on her body language and behaviour, especially after saying she likes a “Big Cox” (A footballer from her favourite team named Cox, who’s the tallest guy in their squad). I teased her on having a thing for another Big Cox (fat jolly guy from a travel show in Aus) with a mate in the group. Unfortunately all the flirting I was doing with her wasn’t doing me any favours in getting to her friend, but I wasn’t thinking in this much detail. Just going with the flow and enjoying myself. In the back of my mind though, I have always known that ignoring the one you like and disarming the friends does wonders when time comes to pull a move on the target.

All was becoming natural in this friendly relaxed environment! This wasn’t the clubbing I knew!

After a time I noticed HBCute was standing alone off to the side. So I pointed it out to HBChubby and waved her over. Straight away she was asking me why my friends call my Dashy and what my real name is, with heaps of arm kino . HBChubby jumps in and proudly declares my name, and I hers, thank god I was listening. So obviously I go into the stories about the nickname, and continue on with flirty small-talk with the both of them. HBCute looks interested.

I didn’t chat with them for long though. Soon enough Stacky and the others came back and we drifted off to request a song or two, and then headed to the bar. Guess who slides up next to us at the bar? HBChubby is trying to drag me off to the dancefloor with them and I initially resist, as I’m waiting for Stacky to finish ordering. As soon as we got to leave HBChubby stops suddenly (avoiding someone?) and accidentally knocks the fresh drink outta my hand. She insists on buying me a new one…damn right too! :p

The dancefloor was probably the highlight of my night. Song after song were punk singalong classics, and us guys were belting them out with a passion. HugGirl was bouncing around, and the extended group of girls were having a fun time. This went on for a while, and even though HBCute was giving me signals I was starting to worry about how I’d bypass HBChubby (who was pressing up back into me!). Eventually I think she grasped that I wasn’t reciprocating her grinding attempts and moved aside a bit more, allowing me to kino and yell smalltalk about the music in HBCute’s ear.

Completely sober it was all becoming crystal clear. HBCute was hot for me. I had social proof. All I had to do was isolate and close! In the past I’ve always hesitated at this stage. But this time my mood was too positive. There was a slight lull in the music and I noticed HBCute looking a little tired of dancing. All I did was grab her by the hand and say, “Let’s sit down”. She followed obediently and we sat in a dark corner. Kinoed some more, asked some rapport building questions and teased her about them (she is a basketball coach, but is really short so I asked if it was a team for midgets).

After barely 10 minutes here she asked if I come here much. I automatically launched into role reversal C&F – “That’s like so cliché…do I come here often….are you trying to use pick-up lines on me?? You’re trying to seduce me!” Nothing brilliant, but she musn’t have heard anything like this before as she couldn’t stop giggling. That’s when I grabbed her chin and kissed her. My god the cute shy ones are really something. She was all tongue initially, and an inexperienced kisser, but I couldn’t fault her effort. We made out on the couch in various positions for over an hour, and wanting to push the boundaries, I tried to take it to the next level. Push-pull kissing, fast/slow, hard/soft, body caressing, rubbing, tickling, hair pulling, ear kissing, neck (blowing, kissing, licking). The whole works. The look on her face was priceless – goosebumps everywhere.

When I thought I had her (after maybe 30mins) I pulled back and asked where she lived as I’d take her home. She says, “I really want to but I’m being picked up”. Could have been potential ASD so we picked up where we left off. She was wearing little shorts and stockings and, when she was on top of my lap, didn’t resist my fingers rubbing closer and closer toward her panties. Eventually I got one finger inside the shorts, but it was logistically difficult to get further in without having her strip! Also dry humped her slightly with my leg. This chick was wild and giving me blue balls!

It turns out her MUM was coming to pick her and her friends up (including her brother, who came by after an hour of making out to tell her they’re leaving soon. The guy knocked knuckles with both her and me. WTF?! This crowd was so friendly and unclublike!!!). Got the number, and we parted ways with another kiss. Poor girl must have been really horny on the way home.

Found the guys and resumed my spot on the dancefloor to a thunderous reception. One of the guys had briefly got with HBChubby but bailed after a few minutes. The night went on much longer, and nothing much happened except for the time a chick grabbed my arse. When I turned around a guy and a girl were pointing at each other smirking. Later Stacky got with HugGirl as expected, and we left happy!

So overall, I finally succeeded in playing the club pick-up game as THIS VENUE WAS MY SCENE.

I feel there is way too much emphasis on practicing DJ stuff in traditional dance/pop nightclubs. But if you don’t enjoy the music, the environment and type of girls who like that music/scene, you WILL NOT do well. Instead go to a punk/emo club, a pub with a live rock band, a latin club to salsa dance, even a jazz nightclub where people do casual swing dancing. Find your niche and focus on it.

Just my opinion, but trying to pick-up in clubs that don’t fit your personality is doing more harm that good. Negativity from repeat average evenings can erode your confidence and make you feel you have no game. It could be you had it all along, but it just wasn’t being brought to the surface. You know how people act differently in different company? Exactly the same thing here! You must find where your skills come to the fore – daytime approaches, emo clubs, wherever.

But NEVER go to “club clubs” just because it’s the thing to do!

Enryu

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow thanks for that post
I should check out one of those as im tired of the clubs im going to atm
unfortunately the next not mainstream club is too far away
did you get to see HBcute after that?

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cheers Enryu, why not suggest to a local mainstream club to hold a punk/emo night, say on Thursday? If you get enough friends together who are interested in lending support or have contacts in the industry it just MIGHT work...

HBCute and I have traded a few texts since then (she said she slept like a baby in the car ride hom...awww :)). I'm intending to take her to the drive-through movies Sunday night - and just be quick and direct after the extreme makeout at the club.

Will keep you updated

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow seems like another frustratingly flaky chick I've found...

we traded just a couple of flirty/chatty texts the following afternoon and everything seemed OK for a follow up.

Tried to phone today to set up a meet, and it rang out. Phoned again 2 hours later - nothing. So sent a harmless text, "Hey HBCute, seems like you're busy... So it's mothers day, are you spoiling her? :)"
No response two hours later.

I really struggle to understand these immature 18yos and their bullsh1t games and tests, especially after gently humping my leg (while sober) a few nights ago.

Any suggestions on next steps (apart from obvious nexting)?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't be worried about a chick not texting you back right away. Not getting a text back within a couple of hours hardly qualifies as "sh1t tests or games". I mean, really! And you shouldn't phone over and over and still send a "harmless text". You have 768 posts, been here for 5 years, and don't know this?

The OP would have gotten you an A+ because it was well written and had some great stuff in it, but that last post brings it all down to a C-.

OrangeCrusader

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, great initial post, but yeah, relax man.

Still, gg, actually made me step back a little and think of clubs/etc. around my town (home and school), nice.

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK it wasn't a complete flake-out in the end, but I still think something's up.
Turns out the girl is painfully shy and "hates talking on the phone anyway. never been a big fan"

She replied to my text 6 hours later saying she left her phone at home. So I tried to call about an hour after this and it rang out again! Now this is where it gets tricky...I don't really want to be flooding her phone with missed calls but continuing the text war is pointless. What options do I have apart from nexting (when it may be unjustified)??

So I tried to subtly call her on it by saying (at 8:30pm), "lol you left your phone at home again? Call me when you're ready"

Receive a follow up the next morning saying, "lol I fell asleep" then blah blah about me always calling when she can't get the phone and hating phonecalls anyway.

She later admits to being really shy and we end up getting a text dialogue going, where she also "swears" that she was really tired and crashed in bed after dinner.

But iqqi, how do you think something like this should be handled? Initially I tried to call twice only, then texted once and left the ball in her court. Same again later that night.

These days people keep their phones on them at all times, and if a girl was looking forward to a cool guy getting in touch with them, wouldn't they make sure they kept their phone at hand?

Sure I signed up 5 years ago, but the whole follow-up phoning/texting thing in this country has always been ambiguous in my opinion.

Fluffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know its lame but cant you set up a meet via text?

Also, I love minimal techno and house so thats the kind of places I frequent however I want to branch out to find the best places to meet people in melbo, whats the name of the club you went to? sounds cool

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fluffy, it is lame, which probably explains why I was frustrated in the above post!
Tried to, but she replied she had basketball training on the night I told her to keep free (sounds likely as I know she plays for a club every friday)

So all I could say was, "ok well I'm flat out the rest of the week so looks like you'll have to wait a few days" grrr

went to Next nightclub, which is held on Thursday nights at the Colonial Hotel (cnr King and Lonsdale streets). it's not everyone's idea of a good place but let me know what you think of it!

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With girls at nightclubs and parties, in my experience, its more likely that they will flake when you call them - the 'in the moment' aspect has gone.

With this girl, you were unlucky in the sense that she had a ride already, the only thing you could have tried was to shag her in the bathroom, which is what I would have done.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never chase a chick that isn't giving you incentive.

She "hates" talking on the phone... which she never answers... or your texts for that matter... dude this is a classic case of "She's Just Not That Into You."

Leave the ball in her court. And there is nothing you can do to make her pick it up, that is why you need to spin plates, so you don't care so much when she lets the ball roll away.

Fluffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, about a month ago I met some girl at a club and she did the flaking thing on me so I nexted her but then last week I thought 'fk it' and texted her,
"hey im at bimbos (bar) come meet me" and she did, its worked for me in the past too.