Field Report... Crashed and Burned

rain63

Don Juan
Reaction score
So i go out with my wings last night... wasn't quite in-state b/c of some stuff, which i think was my ultimate downfall. So here goes my first eight approaches.

#1. I see a girl (i think) staring at me. I go approach and introduce myself and she says "oh, i was just looking at my boyfriend right behind you." Turn around and sure enough theres some dude who's about eight inches taller and has 100 lbs on me bringing her a drink. We smile laugh and i go on my way.

#2. Opening goes wellcold and get the "I've gotta go to the bathroom" routine... just figure she's not interested and move on.

#3-4. Go about like the two above... This **** would be funny if it were in a move.

#5. So drunk anyone coulda gotten her number.

#6-8. See #3-4

So in about an hour i get shot down or denied by eight women and i have an alcoholic's phone number. I'm driving for my friends so i just kinda chill and we take off after an hour or so. I get home just a bit frustrated and feeling like i've wasted my time trying to learn all this DJ/PUA stuff.

So what do i do? I visit the local HS track (its only like half a mile from my house) and run some repeat 400's (any runners know how much these suck) until i puke and and am too tired to feel so down. Now i wake up and my legs are so sore i can barely walk and i'm just chalking last night up to bad luck.

My question for you guys: how do you guys deal with nights like these? Did i get too frustrated too quick? How do you get back in-state after something like this?

Adam B

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh, you just weren't feeling confident and the girls could sense that, so you failed.

And serisouly, what the heck are you doing the repeat 400's for? Lol, you were out drinking and track season isn't until next spring. Come on, now.

rain63

Don Juan
Reaction score
Adam B said:
Meh, you just weren't feeling confident and the girls could sense that, so you failed.

And serisouly, what the heck are you doing the repeat 400's for? Lol, you were out drinking and track season isn't until next spring. Come on, now.
No, i wasn't drinking, i just used to do that when i did terribly in a meet or a wrestling match and i guess old habits die hard. Clears my mind... i get so tired and into the running i get to forget about anything else and i LOVE it. Call me a masochist but it works :up:

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking you're energy level was bad. Thats what usually happens with bad states. A bad state can also make you look very unconfident.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes the only close you get at the end of the night is the door on your face. It's part of the game man, regroup and jump back in. It makes the successes that much sweeter.

To get back in state I usually dance my ass off or chill with the fellas for a bit. I don't understand why I don't do better after a rejection. Technically that is like the worst outcome you can get and once you experienced the worst what is left to fear?

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
macallik said:
Sometimes the only close you get at the end of the night is the door on your face. It's part of the game man, regroup and jump back in. It makes the successes that much sweeter.

To get back in state I usually dance my ass off or chill with the fellas for a bit. I don't understand why I don't do better after a rejection. Technically that is like the worst outcome you can get and once you experienced the worst what is left to fear?
It adds to AA because initially AA is just inside your head. But after rejection your fear becomes real. Its spoils the state. So its best to do a casual successful friendly set to pump up your state. But again, this is an inner game issue. If your inner game is ROCK SOLID. i.e. you have a strong sense of identity, you won't feel that bad.

Also, if you can logically analyze where your pickup went bad, you will know that it was your approach that was rejected and not your self.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, that is a good idea too. Doing a couple throwaway sets after a rejection... kinda like warmup sets once you start clubbing to get you in state