Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Female perspective of online dating, most guys are clueless

damnsam

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently moved to a new city and looking to expand my social networks and maybe even find a great woman I created an account on okcupid. However, I made an account as a female to simply scope out the competition in addition to viewing female profiles. I also wanted to see what type of communication traffic a pretty woman with a well written profile could expect on a dating site and the types of messages guys might send. I wrote out a decent profile summary similar to something I might be looking for in a potential woman...along with a few pictures of one of my friends in the past. Scale of 1 to 10 probably a solid 8 and maybe a 9, not the hot type but very cute and pretty. Here are some results & observations:

Over a span of 3 days I recieved 60+ messages and 100+ views
-Over those messages recieved about 15 decent messages (25%) well thought out and specifically mentioned something from my profile. I would say a woman would potentially respond to these...but very selectively after checking your profile.
-Rest were one line sentences or "Hey how was your weekend", "Thought I'd say hello", etc...Attractive woman online probably wouldn't have had the time to open these one liners and probably dismissed or deleted them, unless the small picture by the message looked like it might be a handsome guy.
-By day 3 it was actually pretty overwhelming and message notifications cluttered my personal email inbox and so had to disable the account
-If you use online dating and attempt to contact an attractive and quality woman hopefully this provides some insight and you know what you're up against. Chances of her even reading or contacting you back is very small. She must quickly disqualify guys and will look for any reason to click next, bad pictures, poorly written profile, grammatical errors, education/status, income, etc...nothing personal but it just becomes a chore after some time and the profile was only active for 3 days!

Now I made a real account as myself on match.com and initially didn't post my income. I heard you normally don't want to post it if less than 40k or over 100k for obvious reasons. Anything in the middle range is acceptable and up to PAR in the income category. I asked my female friends what they thought about this and she asked would you ever message a girl that didn't post a picture? Her point was well taken. Men are attracted to looks, while woman do look for some stability/status/money. What are your thoughts on posting an income or maybe even an income in the higher range 100k+ are you just begging to attract the gold diggers? My intent is not to attact short term dates but a genuine and quality woman for a committed relationship eventually leading to marriage.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damnsam said:
Now I made a real account as myself on match.com and initially didn't post my income. I heard you normally don't want to post it if less than 40k or over 100k for obvious reasons. Anything in the middle range is acceptable and up to PAR in the income category. I asked my female friends what they thought about this and she asked would you ever message a girl that didn't post a picture? Her point was well taken. Men are attracted to looks, while woman do look for some stability/status/money. What are your thoughts on posting an income or maybe even an income in the higher range 100k+ are you just begging to attract the gold diggers? My intent is not to attact short term dates but a genuine and quality woman for a committed relationship eventually leading to marriage.
I'll be damned if I have some random broad trying to evaluate me based on income. My money is my business...and chances are, I'm not flashing the dough on the first few dates anyway.

Besides, in your writeup a woman can get the idea that you're an educated, somewhat-professional guy who has his sh!t together. If you're talking about travel, and wine and cooking...and I dont know....your martial arts hobby, then a reasonable person could think, "Well obviously he's not flipping burgers for a living."

And your female friend....trust me....if some starving artist who happens to be a handsome, and well-written guy writes to her, she'll hop on that d*ck in a heartbeat. When the vagina is tingling, they're not thinking about logical sh!t like how much money you're bringing in. Don't let this girl give you the impression that women are "above" pursuing a man purely based on sexual reasons.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
AFAIC, good looks is your best weapon for online dating. Income can back you up as women wanna make sure that their so-called golden pu$$ies are well taken care of.

Women get too many messages, and men get too few replies. For the average guy, the odds are heavily stacked against him.

I run for the hills if a woman's interested in my wallet.

Wildebeest

Don Juan
Reaction score
*deletes all accounts* thanks
clearly when you remove fear of rejection and add liquidity to approaching, you **** alot of things up. all women skyrocket in value. all men plummet in value. then you need to be brad pitt to talk to a 7-8

damnsam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wildebeest said:
*deletes all accounts* thanks
clearly when you remove fear of rejection and add liquidity to approaching, you **** alot of things up. all women skyrocket in value. all men plummet in value. then you need to be brad pitt to talk to a 7-8
True. The sheer quantity of profiles/messages to click through detracts from the quality of the whole experience. In general, one side of the spectrum a lot of women also might be online to seek attention and find enjoyment from being able to click reject, reject, maybe, reject but in reality she probably isn't ALL that to begin with herself. Only online can beggars become choosers. In addition the other of the spectrum, I've seen numerous headlines or profiles that read "Looking for my soulmate" or something similar. In my opinion when a woman refers to "soulmate" she is looking for a guy to come and sweep her off her feet, looking for that attraction/chemistry, romance, chivalry, etc, etc. The very nature of online dating is a more practical approach (not romantic) where you select a match criteria and make a quick judgement with limited/biased information. Women want that romantic scenario of meeting their "soulmate" by pure random chance...and at the same time it was just meant to be. Might randomly run into someone and have that instant chemistry with that random person at a book store, restaurant, party, etc but not going to happen online.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damnsam said:
However, I made an account as a female to simply scope out the competition in addition to viewing female profiles.
Did you name her Annabell? ;)

Nowadays, online dating is a waste of time. Unless you're smart about it.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not getting much attention at all on this new dating site I just joined. Every time I've joined one, I rarely get messaged, and hardly anyone replies.
I never, ever exaggerate my height - I'm 5'9" and in fact may really be just a hair under 5'10", but I always say 5'9"
I'm going to do an experiment - give myself a few "virtual inches" and see what happens as far as contacts from women.
If it turns into anything other than a quick exchange of messages, I'll come clean about things.