Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Female Friendship: just friendship or a little bit more?

anonymousguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi

I have one best female friend at the moment. Even though she has a boyfriend, I feel somewhat attracted to her. (Please note that I'm not in love or in pursuit of my best female friend, I am currently working on 2 other females. And yes I am sure of this otherwise she wouldn't be a friend.)
Furthermore, we are very affectionate towards each other and I basicly can do everything what a normal boyfriend can do with her. Except of course the sex and the kissing. But hugs, kisses on the cheek, "catching" her nose, stroking in her hair is all possible for me.

So the question is: I wonder if there is always some sort of attraction involved if a female is your best friend?
I cannot personally imagine that you can have a best female friend without any attraction. Or do females think differently? Or am I just seeing things wrong?

Cheers,
anonymousguy

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
anonymousguy:
I wonder if there is always some sort of attraction involved if a female is your best friend?
Of friendships between men and women, yes there is always an initial sexual attraction from either the man, the woman, or both. Sexual attraction certainly may diminish over time, which naturally happens when you are exposed to the same person over a long period of time and get to know them on a deeper level, but there is always sexual attraction which initially drives the genders to talk to the other. Friendships rather than romance occurs either because the intensity of attraction was unrequited, the man never made the timely move, or simply because the timing of circumstances was off. Think about all the ugly or reviling women you have met in your life, such as in school or work, did you want to talk to them? By the same token, think of any friendships you may have fostered with unattractive women—who took the initiative to talk and start the friendship? The woman, right? In fact, I once went on a year-long experiment to simply wait and see what ladies I met gravitated towards me and started friendships; after the year’s end, all had been attracted to me. Point is, it is sexual attraction which is the driving force, driving impetus, of connecting socially to the opposite gender.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by anonymousguy
Hi

I have one best female friend at the moment. Even though she has a boyfriend, I feel somewhat attracted to her. (Please note that I'm not in love or in pursuit of my best female friend, I am currently working on 2 other females. And yes I am sure of this otherwise she wouldn't be a friend.)
Furthermore, we are very affectionate towards each other and I basicly can do everything what a normal boyfriend can do with her. Except of course the sex and the kissing. But hugs, kisses on the cheek, "catching" her nose, stroking in her hair is all possible for me.

So the question is: I wonder if there is always some sort of attraction involved if a female is your best friend?
I cannot personally imagine that you can have a best female friend without any attraction. Or do females think differently? Or am I just seeing things wrong?

Cheers,
anonymousguy
There is attraction there, shes getting everything she needs from a guy, from you, and she doesnt need to give sex or engage in makeout sessions to get it from you, if you arent deluded - thinking you will get sex - and are happy with this, more power to you. But if you EXPECT to get sex or something more, STOP NOW, its not healthy.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hehe as Chris Rock says :

For a female a male friend is nothing more then A di*ck in a jar, they just whip it out when they need it....

(ps this is just a joke so dont go and start flaming me or sumthing lame like that):p

anonymousguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's obvious to conclude that you like your female friends, or male friends. But with females, there's always an extra dimension, SOMETHING can always happen. In real life, a relationship can come out of a friendship. I guess a relationship is the ultimate top level of "friendship".

Thanks for all your replies,
Anonymousguy.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, there is not always a "little bit more". Many times in those kinds of friendships there is an attraction--sometimes gone unspoken, sometimes not. But it is possible to be buddies with a girl and nothing more. The two of you simply don't have to be attracted to each other. Obviously it's easier if you're just "good buddies" and not best friends who cuddle with each other and stuff. Then you might find yourselves developing some kind of attraction or affection for one another.

Even if there is a little bit of attraction, it doesn't have to mean anything. I was buddies with this one girl in highschool, and while she was mildly attractive and I wouldn't have been ashamed to f*** her or anything, I was perfectly fine not being anything more than friends with her, to the point of not being bothered at all by the thought of her having sex with other guys. I just wasn't into her like that. And from what I remember, I don't think she was into me at all either. I was a bit of a dork back then anyway. :)