Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling like things are more about luck these days...

thadder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or the lack there of.

I'm 37, and it kind of feels like certain things in life are scarce... and I'm not sure if this is normal?

I should preface that my business life is exceptional, it's bountiful, and it's abundant, I stay busy, have a ton of spending money for things that I want to buy and keep my expenses minimal as possible, I believe in zero debt.

Now where I'm talking about luck seems to fall into the women category, I'm finding it harder to rope things in with women such as setting plans or even getting an ecstatic reply from either Instagram or a text -- is there something I'm missing here or are things just awkward cus of the world we live in?

It seems like the certain that I can look forward to is my work, but the other things seem to fall flat. Is it cus of age? Do people see me as older and that weirds them out?

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
We need more. Are you coming across as thirsty with these girls you're not getting enthusiasm from? Where is your interaction with them falling flat?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's OVER for UnluckyCels.

No, it's simply the brutal reality of the post-sexual-revolution mating market. Women can now AFFORD to be flaky.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Hi OP. Plan dates you would actually enjoy regardless of company and invite girls to tag along. Also invite them to tag along to places you had to go anyway, if they flake no biggie.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or the lack there of.

I'm 37, and it kind of feels like certain things in life are scarce... and I'm not sure if this is normal?

I should preface that my business life is exceptional, it's bountiful, and it's abundant, I stay busy, have a ton of spending money for things that I want to buy and keep my expenses minimal as possible, I believe in zero debt.

Now where I'm talking about luck seems to fall into the women category, I'm finding it harder to rope things in with women such as setting plans or even getting an ecstatic reply from either Instagram or a text -- is there something I'm missing here or are things just awkward cus of the world we live in?

It seems like the certain that I can look forward to is my work, but the other things seem to fall flat. Is it cus of age? Do people see me as older and that weirds them out?
Modern women which account for 99% are following the beaten path. My career and ran through + hit a buzzer beater kid at 90.

If money is no issue, do a boot camp. Get your hands dirty. Vet your guru. Do you look 37 or under? Do you lift? Are you hitting the gym and doing road work? Run miles?

Before you know it you are 47 and 67. Go to Vegas and do a BC. Go solo. Accelerate GAME. No 6 day boomer pods on hypergamy. If I were to guess, you got everything handled on monetary front. It's game you need to cultivate. You took drastic action in your career. You must do the same with game or suffer a mediocre dating life. I'd argue that BC is pretty much a necessity today. Most men are on the spectrum of sperg. Don't approach. Can't pull. Most gurus on YouTube are boomers in no position to talk about game or pulling.

Vet guru. Get out there.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's a more competitive world and I'm sensing that you're doing a lot of your prospecting for dates on swipe apps and social media. Swipe apps and social media are difficult marketing channels for making stuff happen. You don't have the in-person experience right away.

Some argue that once the date is arranged via social media/swipe app, then everything falls on your in-person presentation. I don't agree with that because setting a date in-person creates a different date environment than setting a date on a swipe app or in the DMs on social.

Age alone isn't going to weird out a woman. It is more difficult at 37 to get someone under 27. This is why most men in their 30s end up being pusssy beggars for women close to their own ages. Fact is that most men settle with whatever woman close to their own age that they can get due to competition and often their own lack of seduction skill. However, the male competition in terms of quantity is getting more difficult. Your overall vibe, which we cannot diagnose on the internet, is what will affect your success most meaningfully.

No, it's simply the brutal reality of the post-sexual-revolution mating market. Women can now AFFORD to be flaky.
The world has changed dramatically over the past 10-20 years:
1. The average woman today has more dating options than a super model or a celebrity did 20 years ago.
2. The average man today has almost no chance of attracting or keeping an average woman (with rare exceptions).
Why can women now afford to be flaky? Look at reason #1 cited by @allergictobs. Women have more options than they had 20-35 years ago. I've seen more flaky behavior post 2010 than I saw 2001-2006 (which was college and my first year post college).

Female flakiness didn't take off until online dating reached a certain point. Realize that online dating started in the early to mid 1990s. It didn't get generally accepted until around the mid-2000s. When Neil Strauss' "The Game" was published in 2005, it was right at the end of the era when bars were so much more dominant as compared to online dating. When the swipe apps came around starting in 2012 with Tinder, all that happened was that more people started online dating and it made it easier to online date. All the bad trends you saw in online dating in the late 2000s/early 2010s were amplified with swipe apps. In 2009-2011 for instance, women were getting their inboxes flooded on OkCupid, PlentyofFish, and Match. Swiping was invented to reduce the messaging volume in the inbox for women, but it made the swipe queues longer.

The Sexual Revolution wasn't what caused the increase in flakiness. It was the internet revolution. If you were to look at the 1980-1995 era (clearly post Sexual Revolution but pre-internet revolution), female flakiness was much less than what we've seen since the mid-2000s.

I don't like being one of the guys who complains about why things aren't what they were in yesteryear with mating. It's essential to acknowledge times change and figure out to operate in the changed environment.

Do you look 37 or under? Do you lift? Are you hitting the gym and doing road work? Run miles?
That's going to affect overall vibe most, especially if seeking a big age gap.

If money is no issue, do a boot camp.

Before you know it you are 47 and 67. Go to Vegas and do a BC. Go solo. Accelerate GAME. No 6 day boomer pods on hypergamy. If I were to guess, you got everything handled on monetary front. It's game you need to cultivate. You took drastic action in your career. You must do the same with game or suffer a mediocre dating life. I'd argue that BC is pretty much a necessity today. Most men are on the spectrum of sperg. Don't approach. Can't pull. Most gurus on YouTube are boomers in no position to talk about game or pulling.
I'm not sure a Las Vegas nightlife bootcamp is best for a lot of men. At a bootcamp, a lot of men might get tons of female rejections. That might be traumatic for a man with little to no history of success. Additionally, the pandemic has changed nightlife greatly, even in Las Vegas.

Summits on hypergamy are useless in changing dating outcomes so I'm with you on that. A bootcamp is likely a better choice than that or watching YouTube videos with less than ideal gurus. There needs to be a combination of foundational game learning + active infield practice. Active infield practice is where this could go wrong. The hope is that the rejections won't be so harsh that it discourages.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a more competitive world and I'm sensing that you're doing a lot of your prospecting for dates on swipe apps and social media. Swipe apps and social media are difficult marketing channels for making stuff happen. You don't have the in-person experience right away.

Some argue that once the date is arranged via social media/swipe app, then everything falls on your in-person presentation. I don't agree with that because setting a date in-person creates a different date environment than setting a date on a swipe app or in the DMs on social.

Age alone isn't going to weird out a woman. It is more difficult at 37 to get someone under 27. This is why most men in their 30s end up being pusssy beggars for women close to their own ages. Fact is that most men settle with whatever woman close to their own age that they can get due to competition and often their own lack of seduction skill. However, the male competition in terms of quantity is getting more difficult. Your overall vibe, which we cannot diagnose on the internet, is what will affect your success most meaningfully.

Why can women now afford to be flaky? Look at reason #1 cited by @allergictobs. Women have more options than they had 20-35 years ago. I've seen more flaky behavior post 2010 than I saw 2001-2006 (which was college and my first year post college).

Female flakiness didn't take off until online dating reached a certain point. Realize that online dating started in the early to mid 1990s. It didn't get generally accepted until around the mid-2000s. When Neil Strauss' "The Game" was published in 2005, it was right at the end of the era when bars were so much more dominant as compared to online dating. When the swipe apps came around starting in 2012 with Tinder, all that happened was that more people started online dating and it made it easier to online date. All the bad trends you saw in online dating in the late 2000s/early 2010s were amplified with swipe apps. In 2009-2011 for instance, women were getting their inboxes flooded on OkCupid, PlentyofFish, and Match. Swiping was invented to reduce the messaging volume in the inbox for women, but it made the swipe queues longer.

The Sexual Revolution wasn't what caused the increase in flakiness. It was the internet revolution. If you were to look at the 1980-1995 era (clearly post Sexual Revolution but pre-internet revolution), female flakiness was much less than what we've seen since the mid-2000s.

I don't like being one of the guys who complains about why things aren't what they were in yesteryear with mating. It's essential to acknowledge times change and figure out to operate in the changed environment.

That's going to affect overall vibe most, especially if seeking a big age gap.
There's a consorted effort in demonizing men for wanting younger. Anywhere in the range of 7-10 years as Rollo says. Anything beyond outside busting a nut is world's apart. Take for instance culture. We came out of a glory Era of pickup and game. Our caliber of women were rubbish but couldn't compete with previous generations though better than today. Not in terms of aesthetics but their hardware. Modern women are ****ed. The culture changed drastically around the Julien media scandal and it keeps going. That culture disrupts the likelihood of any sort of longevity. That longevity most men even your most hardcore playboy like a dicaprio plans a exit strategy at somepoint.

I'm not sure a Las Vegas nightlife bootcamp is best for a lot of men. At a bootcamp, a lot of men might get tons of female rejections. That might be traumatic for a man with little to no history of success. Additionally, the pandemic has changed nightlife greatly, even in Las Vegas
Agreed. The night life scene changed. It has in London. I think the trauma is necessary to opt out of slob status. The alternative is a slow decline and life of mediocrity. Is it possible he learns game at 37 solo in a feminist Era of boss girl and rope in some cuck for marriage by sociopath female trying to stick the landing at the wall?

If he has the resources I'd suggest a bC and going through the fire. He could get traumatized or he could come out a G. There's no easy way forward. Similar to a dork who is 40 and broke. Could he pull something great off? Yes but unlikely. Must take drastic action IMHO.

Peterson called the pua smart for the stimuli of exposure to female rejection. The over exposure desensitize a man to it. Rejection is the norm in game and sales. The baseline is slob. Most fellas at 37 aren't fit or savy in game.

Summits on hypergamy are useless in changing dating outcomes so I'm with you on that. A bootcamp is likely a better choice than that or watching YouTube videos with less than ideal gurus. There needs to be a combination of foundational game learning + active infield practice. Active infield practice is where this could go wrong. The hope is that the rejections won't be so harsh that it discourages.
I have no actual disagreement with rp. But outside Troy nobody has receipts or is actually out slinging D. There's a lot of ebooks and armchair QBS. Few infield and in the school of hard knocks. Troy has the smallest channel and sub count despite hours of live infield pods. Why? Slobs and turbo lazy rather watch jerry springer. More entertaining dunking on single mom's then fellas stepping up and getting girls.

Game is active. It's action that will change OPs circumstances. Even then it's dependent on a lot if factors (looks, height, game, etc). The alternative is rubbish.

The choice is yours OP.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they all have boyfriends. EVERY single ONE

5 years ago they were genuinely single. they are not genuinely single anymore.

probably had a little argument with him , radiated to you, time to meet you, and they make up with the dossa/beta.

fresh and fit said it best, "these women have the joys of some traditional guy, whilst behaving like a single woman for the validation"

fathers day opened my eyes, all the women on SM thanking the beta provider boyfriend....I was like "you aint never mentioned this guy once?, and ive known you 3 years"

then you can guarantee there will be a viral meme asking "why men are sneaky".............Men?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the Sexual Revolution had not happened, Chad would not be slaying - he would have to be monogamously married to get poon, and most women would not be trying to steal him away from his wife, and he would stay married. Swiping apps would have much more balance, although I could see women being flaky while they were in their pre-marital phase; however, such women would realize that at age 25 that they are getting into Old Maid territory, and so any hypergamy at this point would involve a man's provisionability. Also, women would be much less likely to meet a stranger, so the internet would simply facilitate "hey, do you know an eligible man?" and make blind dates visible.