Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling dizzy during workout...Sign of bad shape???

Sayajin_Prince

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys???

yesterday i went to the gym and started my work routine, which was warm up, abs, legs and shoulders.After the warm up i started doing the legs routine and i felt dizzy and with a strange sensation, like head ache, vomits and cold sweat. The fact is that i stopped working out for about 5/6 months, i lost a girl friend and my will to work out went down the drain so i quitted the gym. Now i'm back, and i'm trying to compensate the time i lost. I feel like ****, i can't lift much weight like i used to, and for anything i do like running or picking up a weight i become really tired and sweating, and with breathing problems. Is this normal,a consequence of not training for a long time, or something is wrong with me. That's why i asked about that food question... maybe i'm not eating the stuff i should. What do you guys think???

Oh i solved the problem with a chocolate energetic bar, but it's not natural feeling this way is it?

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out in a sense is a lifestyle. You need to eat right. You need to push the limits but not go overboard. And right now you need to break back into the habit. The first two weeks normally result in muscle aches and a conversion back into the working out lifestyle.

The other thing I would suggest is changing your workout. Abs, legs, and shoulders do NOT go together, not in any way I've ever heard. Typically, bis/back/forearms is one workout, tris/chest is another, shoulders can be done with tris/chest or seperately, and legs should go solo. You can factor abs in anywhere you like. If you're doing cardio, I'd suggest you do abs on your cardio days (cardio should be a day itself).

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JohnnyVegas
Working out in a sense is a lifestyle. You need to eat right. You need to push the limits but not go overboard. And right now you need to break back into the habit. The first two weeks normally result in muscle aches and a conversion back into the working out lifestyle.

The other thing I would suggest is changing your workout. Abs, legs, and shoulders do NOT go together, not in any way I've ever heard. Typically, bis/back/forearms is one workout, tris/chest is another, shoulders can be done with tris/chest or seperately, and legs should go solo. You can factor abs in anywhere you like. If you're doing cardio, I'd suggest you do abs on your cardio days (cardio should be a day itself).
You totally forget to answer the dude's question. He didnt ask you how you workout, he asked asked why he has problems during workouts.

Sayajin, what time of day do you workout? I have a strong feeling that it is because your not getting enough carbohydrates, therefore you are becoming exhausted to quickly. I remember when I used to sleep over a friend's house, the day after, I couldnt workout or play and sports effectively because the nite before, i ate all kinds of junk-food. But I also fixed the problem by eating a power bar. So I usually eat 1 or 2 power bars before I workout or play any sports just incase. Its very healty for you and taste great. (depending on which one).

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You mentioned it was your Leg routine.

I always feel sick and dizzy, sometimes I even puke when I do my legs. Legs are a big muscle that take a lot of abuse, if you work em out hard you'll feel sick.

See if it keeps affecting you, and when. You can probably tell better than anyone else if your out of shape.

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DX_Flyer
You totally forget to answer the dude's question. He didnt ask you how you workout, he asked asked why he has problems during workouts.

Sayajin, what time of day do you workout? I have a strong feeling that it is because your not getting enough carbohydrates, therefore you are becoming exhausted to quickly. I remember when I used to sleep over a friend's house, the day after, I couldnt workout or play and sports effectively because the nite before, i ate all kinds of junk-food. But I also fixed the problem by eating a power bar. So I usually eat 1 or 2 power bars before I workout or play any sports just incase. Its very healty for you and taste great. (depending on which one).
Originally posted by JohnnyVegas
Working out in a sense is a lifestyle. You need to eat right.
Considering the number of posts that have been made about eating right and dieting, nevermind just those recently, either both of us failed to answer his question or we both did so. The only difference is I spoke of more than just a proper diet. I personally have felt similar to this, but only when I had not been working out regularly up to that point. Either way, I addressed his question with a few different ideas (one of which you decided to restate) and he should be fine if he follows that advice.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy crap!

Dude, you better lose weight ....and you better lose it fast!!
You've got guys that barely ever say a word on this site, giving you ADVICE!!!

Back in my day:rolleyes: .. Guys would flame you first, then ask questions later:D

You Lucky Fukk!!!!

The Edge 'Some have it, and some don't'

LionFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you eating before you work out?

I've had a few dizzy/sick spells at the end of grueling workings. Nothing too bad, just my body telling me when to STOP. Of the few times it's happened, I can tell you, I didn't eat enough for breakfast, and I seriously worked my legs.. So my advice is make sure to eat well, and do legs on a seperate day from your regular routines.

Apollo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had this a few times. When this did happen to me I noticed that I didn't eat right or drink enough water before working out. Make sure you eat at least an hour or two before workin out, I can never and I mean never run well if I eat too close to jogging.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Apollo
I can never and I mean never run well if I eat too close to jogging.
That's because your body is sending blood to your stomach to digest your food therefore your muscles arent recieving enough blood = bad workout. So yea, always wait an hour before working out after you eat.

Just-In

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sayajin Prince,

Sounds to me like you have very low levels of red blood cells. Therefore, insufficient oxygen is fed to your brains due to the rest being fed to the muscles when you workout. A few symptoms are those you mentioned and several others such as dizzyness when you wake up quickly. I remembered a friend who was pretty tall had this problem too. Sometimes he loses his balance too! haha

Perhaps you're just overworking your body anyway!

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Felling dizzy during workout...SIGN OF LOW BLOOD SUGAR.