Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling discouraged chasing my dream/Goal

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok now i know some of you guys might try to clown me and sh1t but i don't care. Basically i want to make to the NFL. Now i don't have a football team at my high school but my plan is to go to community college and play and hopefully get a scholarship after 1-2 years. Yes it is possible to make it to the league taking this route (I.E. Chad Johnson, Steve Smith,Vick Ballard, Cam Newton, Antonio gates who didn't even have experience in football)

Now your wondering how is this dude going to play football at college when he isn't even on any team. Well i am bussing my ass working out, going to the gym 4 days a week and the other days doing football drills and cardio trying to get bigger and faster, doing football agility drills etc..But whats fucckin me up right now is the weightlifting i'm doing.

Its like they arent doing **** for me. I am not progressing at all. When i start to lift after like only 10 minutes i kinda start to feel very mild nausea and if i continue then i definitely get nauseous.Also when i lift i don't think im lifting correctly because i barely sweat and i barely feel them in my muscles.My muscles aren't even that sore after.I would think maybe i'm lifting to light but i actually struggle with the weight.Maybe my lifting routine sucks.

I get more of a workout when i am at home doing pushups or lifting my dumbbell. I dont know whats going on but seeing how ****ty weightlifting has been going for me is really demotivating me. Any help/motivation for me and some tips or even help me tweak my workout regimen so that i go to that collehe in good football shape.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to bodybuilding.com for all encompassing workout advice. You need to EAT properly to gain muscle. Learn what macro nutrients and supplements are and how to use them pre and post working out. Don't go insane on the supplements either, it'll kill your wallet.
50% of your athletic goals revolve around diet, don't be fooled. What you put into your body is beyond important.

As far as the technical weightlifting goes, go to a gym, preferably in the city, and get a personal trainer to show you how to do every exercise. Subscribe to Muscle and Fitness, tons of info in that magazine. Yes, all this costs money. Bodybuilding/high level training is not cheap.

Also, you need to think like a pro, so guess what, 4 days in the gym is for athletes on vacation. Make it 5 or 6 days that are WELL designed, 6 weeks straight, then take a week off. Start again. Repeat until next January. Listen to every ache and pain and STOP when your body feels pain. Work every body part, and yes that means squats and calf raises.

This is just info off the top of my head, hopefully you understand how serious you need to be for the NFL. Use your head, feed your body, work your muscles.

Good luck.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure youre eating enough calories?

Are you skinny? Or have you built enough muscle mass?

I get the feeling youve been doing too much cardio, not eating enough (especially Protein), and have slightly lowered Test levels.

At 17 youre test levels should be pretty good.
But too much cardio and not enough food will **** you up.

I dont what your routine is. Hopefully youre dealifting, squatting, lunges, pressing , rows, biceps, triceps, forearms and grip, calves, and explosive exercises.
You need to build muscle, but you need to build explosive power. Not just strength.

You also may be too new to weightlifting, so you havent formed a good mind/muscle connection. So you dont 'feel' the muscles working, youre just moving a weight. Make sure youre not lifting too heavy or too light. It sounds like you might be performing sets at the wrong weight/rep scheme.

And you may also be dehydrated. Muscle pump comes from increased blood flow and body water into the worked muscles. If youre not getting any kind of pump, you may be dehydrated.

I would suggest a little bit of Gatorade, before, and a little during.Or a drink like that? And definitely look into a good Creatine w/amino acids type of workout drink. Not necessarily an NO Xplode type deal, but something like Cellmass or something similar.

Without looking at a picture of you, knowing your workout routine, and how youre performing each exercise its very hard to really pinpoint whats going on with you.

But youre going to have to look at these factors and determine for yourself what you may be missing. Look up that mind/muscle connection. And when youre performing your reps, perform them a little slower, with no bouncing or momentum. Let the muscle do the work. If you have to lower the weight, then do so. What you want is to recruit the muscle fibers, and build thos neuro pathways to activate the muscles. Work on the contraction. Work on a slow stretch, to a fast contraction and hold it. Focus on that.
Make sure youre getting enough overall calories. You may have a very fast metabolism. So you need to consume more than youre used to for muscle gain.
Get a good protein powder supplement. And go for a total daily protein consumption of about 1gram of protein per pound of weight. So if you weigh, I dont know, 185, then try to consum about 185 grams of total protein. No, not all of it must come from protein powder. But say you eat three times a day, and you take about three protein shakes. Divide 185 into 6, thats roughly about 30 grams of protein you need to keep steady every day per meal. So each meal has to have about 30 grams, and each shake has to have at least 30 grams.
I highly recommend following a good tempo for each exercise.
Try to use a One (on the contraction, or push, pull phase) then slowly count One-Two-Three rep tempo. So say youre bench pressing, push the weight out on a quick ONE! the...slowly control the weight back down counting One...Two...Three..back to your start position. Dont bounce. Hold it, then Boom! ONE...then back down One...two...three...
Control the weight, and let your body make those neuro pathways for strong muscle contractions. That way your recruiting the muscle fibers correctly.
You may also consider getting some mp3 player with inspiring music? that is going to help get you in the "zone" for a good workout.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck.

GADavid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Find the documentary on Hershel Walker. Astounding drive, dedication, and the most motivating thing I've ever seen. People clowned him... only made him work harder. Seriously, find it.

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Are you sure youre eating enough calories?

Are you skinny? Or have you built enough muscle mass?

I get the feeling youve been doing too much cardio, not eating enough (especially Protein), and have slightly lowered Test levels.

At 17 youre test levels should be pretty good.
But too much cardio and not enough food will **** you up.

I dont what your routine is. Hopefully youre dealifting, squatting, lunges, pressing , rows, biceps, triceps, forearms and grip, calves, and explosive exercises.
You need to build muscle, but you need to build explosive power. Not just strength.

You also may be too new to weightlifting, so you havent formed a good mind/muscle connection. So you dont 'feel' the muscles working, youre just moving a weight. Make sure youre not lifting too heavy or too light. It sounds like you might be performing sets at the wrong weight/rep scheme.

And you may also be dehydrated. Muscle pump comes from increased blood flow and body water into the worked muscles. If youre not getting any kind of pump, you may be dehydrated.

I would suggest a little bit of Gatorade, before, and a little during.Or a drink like that? And definitely look into a good Creatine w/amino acids type of workout drink. Not necessarily an NO Xplode type deal, but something like Cellmass or something similar.

Without looking at a picture of you, knowing your workout routine, and how youre performing each exercise its very hard to really pinpoint whats going on with you.

But youre going to have to look at these factors and determine for yourself what you may be missing. Look up that mind/muscle connection. And when youre performing your reps, perform them a little slower, with no bouncing or momentum. Let the muscle do the work. If you have to lower the weight, then do so. What you want is to recruit the muscle fibers, and build thos neuro pathways to activate the muscles. Work on the contraction. Work on a slow stretch, to a fast contraction and hold it. Focus on that.
Make sure youre getting enough overall calories. You may have a very fast metabolism. So you need to consume more than youre used to for muscle gain.
Get a good protein powder supplement. And go for a total daily protein consumption of about 1gram of protein per pound of weight. So if you weigh, I dont know, 185, then try to consum about 185 grams of total protein. No, not all of it must come from protein powder. But say you eat three times a day, and you take about three protein shakes. Divide 185 into 6, thats roughly about 30 grams of protein you need to keep steady every day per meal. So each meal has to have about 30 grams, and each shake has to have at least 30 grams.
I highly recommend following a good tempo for each exercise.
Try to use a One (on the contraction, or push, pull phase) then slowly count One-Two-Three rep tempo. So say youre bench pressing, push the weight out on a quick ONE! the...slowly control the weight back down counting One...Two...Three..back to your start position. Dont bounce. Hold it, then Boom! ONE...then back down One...two...three...
Control the weight, and let your body make those neuro pathways for strong muscle contractions. That way your recruiting the muscle fibers correctly.
You may also consider getting some mp3 player with inspiring music? that is going to help get you in the "zone" for a good workout.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck.
I'm skinny,fat,and muscular at the same time. Ill post up a pic soon.Parts of my body are muscular with some fat covering. I;m 5'11 155-160 lbs with about 19% in body fat. Yeah im super new to weightlifting and i dont really eat much because most of the day im in school so the only time i get to eat is after school which is usually not much then i go straight to the gym.

my routine is:

Monday:Lower body
Squats:5x8
Leg Curls:4x12
Leg Press:5x8
Calf Raise:5x8

Tuesday:Upper Body
Bench Press: 3x8
Shoulder press:3x8
Lat Pulldown:3x8
Lat Row:3x8
Tricep dip:3x8
Bicep curl:3x8

Wednesday:cardio , football agility drills

Thursday:Lower Body
Friday:Upper Body

Saturday and sunday:Cardio,football drills

And actually i lift more then i do cardio if anyhting my cardio is horrible, as i get too fired easily and start feeling kinda lightheaded.

The lat row is hard for me because i have a very weak back and for some reason i feel most sore in my biceps and not necessarily my back. My shoulders are also really weak too.

As for food yeah like i said i dont really eat much during skool days and i really dont know what to eat after. Also i'm really limited to pizza or a corner store sandwich due to the little money i get $5

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, Im not going to lie to you, if you want any sort of shot you have to change a lot. Do you excel in any other sports? As in, are you an elite level athlete? Have you grown up playing sports, its going to be tough gaining athletic coordination this late in the game. You have to get your training and eating down hardcore now. You are going to just have to show an intense level of commitment, like the stuff you see in movies NOW. No excuses you are going to have to find a way. It doesn't sound like you won the genetic lottery so its going to have to come from intense commitment.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your workout is decent.
But it appears you have poor form in executing the exercises.
Your example of "feeling it in your biceps" when you do back work, means you are making your arms work exclusively instead of focusing on the back pulling the weight.
And you comment that you are also not eating enough. So youre not going to have enough nutrients to build muscle and also to fuel your workouts.

Youre going to have to start researching each exercise, and Google them, and start watching how people perform the exercises and any tips on how to perform them correctly so you use the correct muscles.

Definitely look into finding some way to get a good protein powder supplement. If you cant, then you may have to focus on foods like mixed nuts, tuna, milk, cheese, eggs, beef simple things that have protein in them. So look into what athletes eat , how they split their meals throughout the day.
Remember to always eat a high protein meal (with some simple carbs, little fats if possible) immediately after your weight lifting workouts.
And then a regular high protein meal with fats and carbs about 2 hours after.
Dont skip breakfast. Go for things that have more protein than carbs in the morning.
Look into a good creatine /bcaa supplement too.

So work on HOW to lift properly.
Work on HOW to eat (before, during, after) , and WHAT to eat for muscle gain and to fuel workouts.

Good luck.