Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling disappointed and bad about myself

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

I concur with others on this thread. You are seeking, whether you wish to admit it or not, ideal love or unconditional love. That is usually represented as maternal love to a man. If you didn’t get the love you needed from your mother then you are likely to have attachment issues and those play out in relationships with women since men with attachment issues do in fact have holes in their souls as @HyenaPrince notes.

The way this presents is exactly as you mentioned...a gnawing loneliness inside, desire for the external validation/admiration from a woman or women, and then anger, disillusionment and perhaps fear when it becomes obvious that the females you are involved with cannot quell your need for attention...and furthermore you subconsciously think less of women who do love you or try to love you because YOU do not love you.

Then what happens is the man becomes angry inside and directs that anger at women because it is less painful than doing the self examination and self growth that he MUST do to cease the need for external validation from others.

The man goes one of two ways depending on his attributes. Some men who have natural abundance with women (my recent ex BF is a sterling example of this) will use women as objects to get sex, validation, companionship and a dopamine hit via conquest to bolster self esteem...but it is empty and as they realize the emptiness they become more aggressive, more angry and possibly dangerous because of the rage that builds within them.

Alternatively men become fearful and afraid and begin further tearing themselves down because they feel unworthy to even start the process. I’d say you, OP fall into this group.

Both types suffer from the same ailment of low self esteem, lack of self love and craving for validation. The types who use women are more prone to damage others, the types who cannot get women are more prone to damage themselves.

Both types require self examination, self awareness (which both resist vehemently), and need to learn self love. Therapy may be useful...mindfulness, meditation etc.

You must be healed and whole to be able to sustain a healthy relationship. Work on yourself. Otherwise you’ll experience relationships that fail because you are damaged and you are in all your relationships.
I probably need external validation and admiration but i know that women can't love me like my mum.
I learned this the hard way by failing. You don't know what i went through so it's easy for you to make such assumption.
I don't want anything more than an str or fwb type of relationship from women.

My Problem is that i don't get any attention from women. Yeah maybe i shouldn't need that but that's how i feel.
Women can't love me for just being myself but they can let me feel more masculine by being sweet and submissive towards me. By checking me out. That's what i want.

What you described Was my former self but i'm not that anymore and i'm working on myself. Maybe not enough but i do the work everyday.

Which process do i fear to start? I'm not talking to women. That's the only thing im afraid of.

Not a single fcking chick smiled at me since i Was with my ex. Is that craving unconditional love? :D i just want them to like me.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost every single thing you said in this post is rooted in false beliefs.

My Problem is that i don't get any attention from women. Yeah maybe i shouldn't need that but that's how i feel.
This.

By checking me out. That's what i want.
This.

i just want them to like me.
And this.

I get that you want to feel attractive. But I doubt they don't like your or smile at you because you look like a mushroom. It's your damn attitude. You probably walk around with your head on the floor and stiff arms. F*ck the external validation of women, or people in general. What you're experiencing right now is an over reaction caused by your breakup. You want to recover your broken ego with new validation and prove to yourself and her that you can attract women.

Break this cycle. Find value in yourself. Ask yourself why you're good. If you can't answer instantly with at least one characteristic, you need to work on that first.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I probably need external validation and admiration...

Not a single fcking chick smiled at me since i Was with my ex. Is that craving unconditional love? :D i just want them to like me.
Why does it matter to you? That’s my whole point. You expect random women to care about you & validate you.

YOU validate you.

YOU like you.

YOU love you.

Happiness is an inside job. It’s on YOU and nobody else.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I probably need external validation and admiration but i know that women can't love me like my mum.
Your mom can't open her legs for you. Your mom isn't going to be there with you most times during things she doesn't even understand. So it's not even an expectation, why the HELL would we want our wives or women to act like our mom? Should we feel we are standing completely alone when we have a woman? NO. I don't agree, but it's so many peoples reality.

Our mom CAN be a good example of a woman, if she carried her weight and treated her man great.

I learned this the hard way by failing. You don't know what i went through so it's easy for you to make such assumption.

Women can't love me for just being myself but they can let me feel more masculine by being sweet and submissive towards me. By checking me out. That's what i want.
ANY man feels more masculine if woman are submissive to him. If all a successful mans women started acting masculine in concert and they stopped helping him, eventually his image would become very HURT.

What you described Was my former self but i'm not that anymore and i'm working on myself. Maybe not enough but i do the work everyday.

Which process do i fear to start? I'm not talking to women. That's the only thing im afraid of.

Like yourself first. Love yourself. Never allow yourself to be put in 2nd place or to be treated unworthy. Have your values and live b y them. Make your money. Live your life. Do not seek the validation of women.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interestingly enough OP is incapable of appreciating my comments because I am female.

That is the attitude toward women in a global sense that repels chicks! Hello....

Now. I am internally validated and it doesn’t hurt my feelings, lol. But I find it interesting that the OP’s negative attitudes are on display right here for the observing (and perhaps OP is annoyed at me for pointing that out, who knows.)

That’s what puts people off. It’s bad vibe juju.

Look. I tell my own kids that the world couldn’t care less about them. They have to be their own best friend, and if they are lucky they will have some people close to them in life who truly love them and give a fvck about them. That’s the brutal truth and I don’t mince words about it to my own children. My son at 18 has internalized this FACT and knows he’s got to like and love himself first.

He’s pretty well adjusted too. But I pull NO punches. Not with my kids and men I know personally and not here either.

Quit expecting me to be sweet & submissive around here. That is for the man I’m involved with. Otherwise it doesn’t apply.

Cheers

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mommie issues can be fatal. I don't think the men who grow up without one suffer as much as those who grow up with a cruel or rejecting one. Those are the most troubling to men. I don't know how common that is, but the most common form of maternal abuse of developing boys is in the form of doting single mothers, who couldn't keep or rejected the boy's father, and attempt to compensate for the loss by emotionally hobbling(unconsciously, of course) her son, so that he can never leave her. That usually backfires. Instead, the boy ends up hating or resenting his mother, and/or searching for a wife who'll be a substitute mother, a woman who sooth all his boo-boos, and will love him unconditionally, forever. This, I believe, is the greatest cause of so much unnecessary unhappiness in modern society.... because it's a self-perpetuating cycle that will eventually lead to human extinction.
Agreed 1000%. I could write a dissertation on what you said, having observed it up close & personal over the past 3 years.

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interestingly enough OP is incapable of appreciating my comments because I am female.

That is the attitude toward women in a global sense that repels chicks! Hello....

Now. I am internally validated and it doesn’t hurt my feelings, lol. But I find it interesting that the OP’s negative attitudes are on display right here for the observing (and perhaps OP is annoyed at me for pointing that out, who knows.)

That’s what puts people off. It’s bad vibe juju.

Look. I tell my own kids that the world couldn’t care less about them. They have to be their own best friend, and if they are lucky they will have some people close to them in life who truly love them and give a fvck about them. That’s the brutal truth and I don’t mince words about it to my own children. My son at 18 has internalized this FACT and knows he’s got to like and love himself first.

He’s pretty well adjusted too. But I pull NO punches. Not with my kids and men I know personally and not here either.

Quit expecting me to be sweet & submissive around here. That is for the man I’m involved with. Otherwise it doesn’t apply.

Cheers
I respect you like my grandma. I grew up in a traditional religious household and i always respected my elders. When i didn't, my dad teached me respect. But i don't have to accept everything you said.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's best to get this off your mind and learn to cope with this rather than let it bother you.

Last edited:

TonyTenner

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If a Duck raises an Eagle, that'll be one sorry Eagle....even if that is the world's finest Duck.

Children CAN improve our lives, but that isn't their purpose. Their propose is for us to improve THEIR lives. They aren't just little beings we create to love us, because we're lonely, and they don't know any better.

Our current society is hi-tech and low wisdom. That can't be an accident
Wisdom.

Expand on how hi-tech/low wisdom dynamic is not an accident

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If anything, it appears technology is used to make duh masses...dumdassses.
Social media plays a big part in it. The algorithms become more complex and the interface becomes simpler and simpler. It's so easy to receive a small jolt of happiness through a social media post. Nowadays you have an app for everything. The transition from the analogue to the digital world is almost seamless.

The more you can replace the (active) thinking part with an automatic digital tool, the dumber people get. The wisdoms of centuries, even millennia rest literally at our fingertips, and yet we're too lazy and spoilt to read and learn something that could change our and other people's lives for the better.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a Duck raises an Eagle, that'll be one sorry Eagle....even if that is the world's finest Duck.

Children CAN improve our lives, but that isn't their purpose. Their propose is for us to improve THEIR lives. They aren't just little beings we create to love us, because we're lonely, and they don't know any better.

Our current society is hi-tech and low wisdom. That can't be an
All I wish to point out is that Eagles pair off with other Eagles, not Ducks. So understand that being female does not make me a different species. I am simply a female Eagle :)

Women have a major influence in raising good men just as fathers have major influence in raising good women. Mommy issues in men arise from attachment issues stemming from deficits in maternal nurturing akin to daddy issues that arise from deficits in fatherly love where women are concerned. Both are deeply rooted psychological things that create all manner of maladaptive personality pathologies in the affected individuals.

My son has been fortunate to have a great relationship with me, his father, positive role models in military all boys high school and other influences. He’s with me this week before starting school and is working full days with a man I greatly respect. He’s working alongside and learning from a solid man who himself raised a solid son.

Last edited:

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BeExcellent you tell us all these stories about your past alpha lovers. Was it a good environment for your kids ( especially your son ) to grow in?
How was his relationship with these men? Did he call them uncle like in these movies?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

How can a woman really love someone that doesn't love themself?

I mean people tend to believe what you tell them and show them about yourself. So if you show them you don't really love yourself they believe it.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BeExcellent you tell us all these stories about your past alpha lovers. Was it a good environment for your kids ( especially your son ) to grow in?
How was his relationship with these men? Did he call them uncle like in these movies?
Lol. I have only been in 2 relationships since my divorce 6+ years ago. I didn’t date AT ALL for the first year.

A little over a year post divorce I meet a man and was in a relationship with him for 18 months. He was a solid man but he lived in another state (although we saw one another frequently due to my work placing me in his locale.) He was embroiled in drama involving his teenage kids (his daughter in particular) and his ex wife. We chose not to meet one another’s children. That ended amicably as he had to deal with family matters (his daughter was suicidal and it was a serious situation.) We both thought it best he fully focus on his kids and those matters. His ex wife was diagnosed BPD. Researching what that meant is how I stumbled onto the forum here at SS.

About 7 months after that relationship had ended I met the man who is my recent exBF. We had a 3 year LTR. My kids all met him multiple times, we’ve done holidays and vacations together, and quarantine too, lol. My children addressed him by his first name. I also met his youngest son, who is grown. His other grown kids live in other states and his relationships with them are strained/evolving. My children are close with their father and know we are no longer together (and why). So they see it through a good lens. I think they’d like to see their father in a healthy relationship and they like that for me as well. My BF always was respectful of my ex husband’s role as father, as I have also been.

Have I been on other dates? Sure. But I will not introduce a man to my children as a romantic partner unless there is a well established relationship. My BF met my kids at the 9 month mark and even then I wondered if it was too soon. I don’t have lots of lovers and am careful about getting physically involved.

lostintime

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

as some of you know i have a hard break up behind me.
Thanks to this forum and the Red Pill i Was able to get a lot better. I' m thinking way less about my ex but i couldn't fully delete her from my life because shes the mom of my kids.

Currently i'm learning a profession in the IT Departement, i have a car and im lifting/running regularly.
But i dont have friends or a social circle. I feel lonely and i feel like i need a woman in my life who admires me.
But i didn't have the balls to approach a girl only once. I believe every girl hates me and since i made bad experiences with many women, i dont want to talk to them and i fear them..
I visited a few hookers and all of them were very unfriendly. I paid them for half an hour and they tried to make me *** asap. Looked disgusted at me. Today i went to another hooker and i felt even worse after that because she was so icecold.
Consider counseling, too. I've been depressed before and can pick up on that energy. You're doing all the right things, i.e. lifting, advancing yourself professionally, etc. But it sounds like you've got some other stuff to deal with, too. No shame it that either my Brother.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The easy answer is that no-one values highly what can be obtained cheaply....

...but, when I was a kid, I wonder how many quests for knowledge would've ended at the local library door, if the entrance was blocked by naked girls, and once through the door(if you made it that far), if all the books were hidden behind VHS movies, and Atari game stations, and 'Penthouse' magazines, I suspect the books would've mostly collected dust.

So, despite how relatively easily accessed is the collected wisdom of the human race(as limited as it is, but more vast than is pretended by modern society), all our vices are even more readily available, and are the natural enemies of wisdom.

So, a man still needs to struggle to find the wisdom he needs to reject the vice being thrust upon him.
Good analogy. Reminds me of an episode of Chapelle's Show.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...many single mothers actually obstruct the development of masculine mentoring relationships, for a variety of reasons, from the sad to the wicked, and turn an unfortunate deficit into an unnecessary fullblown tragedy.
Agreed on this. My ex husband lost his father suddenly and tragically at age 12 and so in our family I am acutely aware of what that loss can do...and my mother-in-law for all her many virtues did a horrid job of raising her children in their father’s absence. She felt pity for her kids having lost their father (which teaches young people to be pitiful) and she never got over the loss in her own grief & never dated again, which in some ways is great...but she did not encourage the male mentorship my ex husband could have benefitted from. She coddled her kids. So yes, I’ve seen a poor outcome first hand. It changed the trajectory of my ex husband’s life. The major thing missing was discipline and masculine leadership. I married him without realizing all this. I know now better than most what a rudderless man is from experience. Never again.

I assumed everyone had a strong father like I did. Wrong.

The desire for my son to see solid examples of great men was what prompted military school, a close relationship with my father (who he revered) and other strong masculine role models amongst friends & family. My ex husband is a loving father (he gives our kids the fatherly relationship he never had) but he isn’t a strong leader or leader of men. That influence has had to come from elsewhere. I am keenly aware that my son in particular has need of solid masculine role models and I have endeavored to enable that and continue to do so.

When I lost my father several years ago my son at age 15 was a pall bearer, decked out in his formal military school dress uniform. It was one of the proudest moments of his life to be able to honor his grandfather that way. He was the only grandson chosen for that honor and he cherishes that memory. Other pall bearers were his uncles and long-standing friends who had known my dad 80 years. So even though Im not a man, I get it.

Many single mothers screw up their sons. Not all, but many.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

as some of you know i have a hard break up behind me.
Thanks to this forum and the Red Pill i Was able to get a lot better. I' m thinking way less about my ex but i couldn't fully delete her from my life because shes the mom of my kids.

Currently i'm learning a profession in the IT Departement, i have a car and im lifting/running regularly.
But i dont have friends or a social circle. I feel lonely and i feel like i need a woman in my life who admires me.
But i didn't have the balls to approach a girl only once. I believe every girl hates me and since i made bad experiences with many women, i dont want to talk to them and i fear them..
I visited a few hookers and all of them were very unfriendly. I paid them for half an hour and they tried to make me *** asap. Looked disgusted at me. Today i went to another hooker and i felt even worse after that because she was so icecold.
You need to choose better hookers.