Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

feel guilt at dumping girlfriend...kinda!

Dave111

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys Im kinda down at this time.

I recently decided to end a relationship with a girl, whom I'd been going out with for two years. We both met at work and instantly hit it off as she was an exciting, extremely beautiful looking girl, who at the time seemed to really genuine and nice. I liked her a lot!

anyway to cut the story short, it didn't work out as planned!, she had issues with relationhips as she told me. Previous boyfriends had kissed the ground that she walked on and this is what she was used to. I found her to be self absorbed, thoughless and immature so I ended it with her last month.

We have had minimal contact since then. Although I was the one to end the relationship, I do value her friendship and would like to remain friends with her, but I think I was too harsh with her when I told her I was walking away. She wanted to know the exact reasons and insisted I told her my true reasons for ending it, so I did, I told her the above of what I mentioned about the way she was. No surprise I think I hurt her, but I didnt mean to, I just felt she needed to hear some hard facts about herself instead of letting her off with the disrespect that she gave me (we were meant to be going on holiday together but she invited a load of her workmates along with us, without even telling me!,amongst other incidents)

She posted this on her website which I think is in reference to me!

"Every person is a new door to a different world. if someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge and cross it leaving it all behind "

I do feel guilty as I hate hurting any person, and this girl is hurt by what I said to her and I dont know what to do about it!, do I try and talk to her, remain friends or do I just cut my loses and move on, Im totally stuck at the crossroads with this one!....I only want to be friends with her, I have no interest in going back to her! what do I do here?

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dave111
Guys Im kinda down at this time.

I only want to be friends with her, I have no interest in going back to her! what do I do here?
You need to let it Burn!

Most people get hurt when they get dumped so you can't stop what she is feeling.

Look you had to do what you needed to do so be a MAN and GET OVER IT!

And stop trying to figure out what she is feeling for you or w/e.

Who cares right? You dumped her and don't want to get with her again and just be mutual friends. Am I right? Again move on bro and GET OVER IT!

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just felt she needed to hear some hard facts about herself instead of letting her off with the disrespect that she gave me (we were meant to be going on holiday together but she invited a load of her workmates along with us, without even telling me!,amongst other incidents)
In this case, if she had not discussed it with me I would have told her that they were not part of the plan and are not to come.

Why did you let it escalate?

You should have dealt with each disrespectful moment as it occurs.

A good relationship is managing expectations, if you let her get away with behaviour that is unacceptable to you then she will continue to do it.

From your story it seems like you dropped a bomb on her, it's good that you can walk away but you could have made it easier for her to live in your world.

Kaine

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(we were meant to be going on holiday together but she invited a load of her workmates along with us, without even telling me!,amongst other incidents)
Bro. You were totally impressing me by breaking things off with this girl for great reasons that makes you the DJ you should be, especially by staying friends with her afterwards for social points and the fact that it's great to always have other friend.

But don't you see I just quoted you sympin' out? You wanna be her friend, do it, but don't keep crawling back for a bone.... I mean like a metaphor and for a f*ck if that's what you're doing cause if you are I'm sure you probably are making love, not just a fawk buddy.

Why do you have to be alone? Use this opportunity to make more friends, whether if you're lookin for a new lady, party buddies, future business deals or whatever. Getting all upset over that proves you do still have feelings, and you just don't wanna hurt YOURSELF by her bringing more fun to the trip.