Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feedback on my workout routine/progress

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for input from those who actually know what they're talking about otherwise I can continue listening to all the 3500 youtube channels selling the dream.

Summary:
- Always 'worked out' (read half assed screwing around with light weights, push ups etc) but have always been skinny fat. Desk job doesn't help.
- A couple of yrs ago I weighed 157lbs on a good day on an almost 6ft frame because I couldn't eat even 1500 cal per day, I felt full. In clothes everyone, including women, thought/said I looked fit but I knew the truth, I just hid it better.
-About a yr ago I cleaned up my diet, started lifting heavier (though didn't stick to it consistently for various life reasons) and started eating more, 1700cal, then 1900 then 2200. Weighed 172lbs after that. Unfortunately my BF% went from 18% or so to 22%. On the plus side my strength improved as I kept pushing myself with heavier weights. More on this later.
- Recently started cutting (eating about 1600-1700) while not lowering the weights for the big compound exercises too much. I'm now 166lbs and BF is around 20%.

Goals:
- Cut BF to about 14% (mostly 90% of the time eating chicken, broccoli, kale, sweet potato, apples, bananas, kiwi, sardines, milk, cottage cheese, eggs, occasional rice).
- Put on muscle, show definition/separation...I really don't care for the strength or 6 pack abs. Just going for looks where my arms can fill the sleeves and chest sticking out more than the belly similar to the attached pic.

I've started to lift less weight in favor of more reps on my arms day. But I still lift relatively heavy (for me) for the 3 compound exercises. I do the compound one day, arms next day, skip a day, then back to compound and so on.

Questions:
Am I on the right track with my workout? too much/little volume/reps/set?
Should I cut the calories more? Edit: Lately trying intermittent fasting too. Stop eating around 8pm and then don't eat until noon. Except for one cup of coffee (with cream/sugar).

Attachments

Last edited: