Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FEARLESS

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"feel the fear"

"There is nothing to fear, but fear itself"

I saw this thread but though I had nothing to add... What I realized with reading these two quotes is that life is nothing but facing our fear and learning when to run and when to fight.

You run away when you know you can't win, you cower away when you are not sure, but you stand and fight when you are absolutely sure of yourself... that is where ****y comes from, and if you can pull an "I am better tha you" comment and throw in a "just because" and get the girl to chalenge you, you get the laugh, and some healthy intereaction going on

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
looking for an interesting read, Theres a book i bought about a year ago that I found extremely interesting on the subject of FEAR. The 50th law by Robert Greene. Chronicles the life of 50 cent, . The whole book is about becoming fearless, great read.

Robert greene is best know for the 48 laws of power

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, XMinister, I truly appreciate the compliment.

I try not to post unless I really feel I can add something of substance; I don't want to be redundant. But it's interesting that this thread resurfaced, because lately I've been thinking about this subject a lot, and it's because of the book Frisco mentioned.

I haven't read it yet, but I love Greene's other books. But I had read that the 50th law is fearlessness. (What is the 49th law?) Anyway, in the years since my original post, I've slipped back into a lot of sucky habits that have not served me well.

But lately I've gotten a measure of that fearlessness back, and I'm finding that what I said way back then still holds true. A few days ago I had been pondering the power of going through daily life with absolutely no fear. I focused on it, and told myself that whenever I was about to shy away from doing something that I wanted to do, I would just do it.

Well, I started thinking about other things, and lost the focus. Then I did something bold, and my mind caught it. I realized I had just done it. This is what artists and writers often call an incubation period. You concentrate on something for awhile, then when you just can't maintain that level of focus anymore, you go on to something else. But the thing you had been focusing on, it's still cooking slowly in your brain. Eventually, the answers you seek come to you, seemingly from nowhere.

I started automatically doing things I would normally have shied away from. Nothing major, I didn't suddenly become a cliff-diver. But I became much bolder, and more decisive and personable, and the difference was apparent to others.

It's faded a little, but it'll come back strong; I'm not about to let it slip away again. My point is, if you find that you back off too much from things you really want to do, you're depriving yourself of many great things life has to offer. All it takes to change this, is to become aware when you shy away. Then push past and do it. Start with small things, and soon you'll be able to do this like crazy.

I know this is nothing new, but it bears repeating, because many people don't grasp its importance. Fear is paralyzing. Don't give in to it.

Azidoro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Funny I read this thread now...

I've come to realize something about myself. I always thought that I was somehow depressed...and if you've read some of my recent threads, you'd agree. But then...when I sit and really take the time to observe my so-called "depression"...it's not depression at all. It's overwhelming anxiety.

The "depression" is a result of that...I feel restless, anxious, and powerless to take action. That feeling of powerlessness/restraint leads to feelings of low self-worth and "depression".

I found myself thinking about it today...the person who cares NOTHING about what anyone else thinks of them is free to do so much more. So many of us restrain so much about ourselves behind a facade of "acceptability" our of fear of looking foolish, stupid, or a failure in front of others. We feel that time wasted failing at something is somehow worse than time wasted doing nothing...because we INTENDED to do nothing...we didn't intend to fail, so failure harms our self-image.

Goddam...sometimes I just want to throw it all away. Everything...just to have an excuse to act on a whim.

I'm not gonna go on spewing stream-of-thought on your thread. Good post. :)

Re-ac-tor

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really got this fearlessness down pat, then everything else in this site would become obsolete.

Correct? Correct.

'Fear is impotent.'

Last edited:

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you start living in the moment, fear disappears. Fear comes through desire. So basically, desire creates fear. Look into it. Whenever there is fear, see from where it is coming — what desire is creating it — and then see the futility of it.

Fear is natural. Don’t condemn it, and don’t feel that it is something wrong. It is just part of this whole social upbringing. We have to accept it and go beyond it; without condemning it we have to go beyond it.

If you really look into both these quotes, They go hand in hand and relate too pick up in general.

Thanks "DESIRE"

lugsy211

Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely excellent piece of work.

Bratt2230

Don Juan
Reaction score
Imo

IMO... Great post, and seriously, that damn fear MUST get out of me...

. My only damn problem is to approach, to get into the conversation, as soon as it is startet or i have gotten her number, she cannot get away (or atleast, when i have reached to a number-close/conversation i still have not failed) BUT GOD DAMNIT!!! I JUST CANNOT GET PASS MY DAMN FEAR ... i wish i could kill it somehow...

IF fear was a person, i would not mind him, just to get rid of him forever ^^

jchoco88

Reaction score
this post really is uplifting ..this is something i been trying to start to get into the stages of overcoming ..Ever since i was in grade school i was fearful of not being excepted and rejected bout people in social settings ..and just standing up for myself in general ..over the years ive become more verbal and more open ..though..ive stopped careing as much..but whenever i start even thinking bout approaching for instance i immediatly get fearful and anxious and it doesnt happen..its not that im afraid .of talking to females..that i dont have a problem with it.s just approaching and connecting ..on more initimate levels i have a problem with..im so used to just being around people im comfortable with i've never branched out to meet outside my comfort zone ..but i'm definetly going to try harder ..just need to get in the habit of accepting whatever perceptions that other people have of me ..