Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fear? What fear? I don't see anyone called fear here - My story.

Garand

Don Juan
Reaction score
Today, for the first time in my life, I lived. The feeling I have right now is amazing and I want everyone on this planet to experience it. My hope is that this story will help achieve this.

This is not a direct tip as such, it's actually a story and quite a damn long one at that, but I hope it's an interesting read. I want to express exactly how I got from being an AFC to being a true DJ. Not a puppet with some guru PUA 'master' pulling my strings but a true Don Juan. The most startling thing about this is that it happened in an instant. One moment I was a chump, the next I was a man. Madness?! Maybe, I'll leave you to judge for yourself.

However, I will begin at the beginning.

24 hours ago I was an AFC. Ever since I became a teenager and starting noticing these girls and the effect they had on me I was a chump. I wanted them but everything I seemed to do, everything I tried only ended in failure. The harder I tried, the harder I fell. This would make me very depressed. I'm not a naturally very good-looking guy. I'm alright, but don't have the looks to instantly endear myself to any member of the opposite sex. I really really wanted these girls to like me but for the life of it I couldn't work it out, I was really pretty pathetic. I knew this. There was a voice in my head that told me I was worthless; it told me how pathetic I was and this made me even worse.

Then one day, I realised this voice was a lot more powerful than I expected.

But I'll come to that later. A few months ago of my friends mentioned in conversation one day about this guy who claimed he could chat up any girl he wanted despite being unattractive. Not only that, but this guy had written a book about how anyone could do this. Naturally, I was very curious. Very, very curious. Was this a holy grail I was about to discover?

The book I am on about, as you've no doubt guessed by now, is The Game. I devoured this book. I read it with wonder and amazement, it offered hope where there had previously been none but a part of me didn't like it. My friend had said at the time about it that "It's a little sad, don't you think? He just sort of spouts a few lines that he's memorised and has tested before. It doesn't sound like that's any way to get a girl." Still, I was so happy to have discovered this 'magic method' that I ignored that part of me that thought it was unnatural and devoured every piece of information I could get my hands on.

I didn't want set routines, as such, by this point in my life I was pretty confident in myself in almost all respects except girls. I was popular socially, I was generally well liked and got on with most people except I still couldn't get the damn girls. I just wanted to know what was missing to make the girls like me. What was the trick? What was I missing? What did I have to do? I read and I read and I read. I could read this stuff all day, remembering all the little things about when to call and when to not and what to do if this happens and what to do when that happens. I made it my mission to understand everything there was to understand from this vast knowledge base.

Meanwhile, the voice inside my head was stirring. This voice, by now, was no longer the part of me that said 'you're such a loser' but had become more relaxed, as my life in general had improved that part of me had been much happier and was satisfied with me. It was not, however, impressed with my results in the girls department. It was the final hurdle in the way. But fortunately, this part of me threw up a solution to the problem.

This part of me is my masculinity. I didn't realise it until it hit me today with the blunt obviousness of a brick to the face. This was the inner part of me that wanted to get out, but my outer AFC kept repressing it.

About a month ago I met a girl through a friend who I instantly thought was out of my league. So much so, in fact, that I didn't really pay any attention to her; I just assumed I'd have no chance. If it had been a tactic, it would have been applauded. We went out, together with a whole bunch of friends to a club and spent the night dancing. I was definitely not hitting on her. In fact, I had my eye on this other girl we were with (who lost interest in me the second I started going after her) We chatted a bit in the club. We played silly little games and messed about. Now that I think about it, she spent a lot of time in close proximity to me and I wasn't trying to be near her. I, like a total goon, missed all the signs that she was into me.

Which was f*cking perfect. As she left our group of friends at the end of the night, I casually said goodbye and bid her farewell. The second she was out of earshot, my friend was like 'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SHE WAS TOTALLY INTO YOU!'. I must admit, I was a tad shocked. What?! I didn't do anything. I wasn't even trying!! I wish I'd spotted the answer right then, at that moment. It was staring me straight in the face and I couldn't see it.

So she added me on facebook (I love facebook) and we had a bit of banter on it. We didn't arrange to meet or anything (I'm still an AFC, remember?) and wanted to 'play it cool' so I didn't do anything.

Fortunately fate had decided to make things easy for me. One night I went out clubbing with my friend. I know a fair few people in the area so when we got there I went exploring, looking around to see if there was anyone who I knew.

Then I bumped into her. Well, I didn't as such, I didn't even spot her but she came running up to me when she saw me. Well, I saw my chance and decided then that I wasn't gonna blow this. I was going to get her tonight and I listened to the one voice inside me that knew what the hell to do. I just played it cool, or well, I tried to. All the time inside I was like 'SH*T SH*T I AM SO NERVOUS OH MY GOD I HOPE SHE LIKES ME PLEASE LIKE ME PLEASEEE'. On the surface though, I tried to channel that inner voice and just do how he'd do. And it worked. She was getting more and more into me. We joked, we role-played, I teased her about the way she smiles.

Then he walked in.

A tall, attractive, athletic guy walked over to us and asked who the hell I was. For a second, a split second, I totally sh*t myself. All the thoughts of 'ohmygodisthisherboyfriend?i'msodead' went through my head. Then I listened. I listened to that voice inside me. So I turned it into a joke. I brought him into the role-play we were doing at the time and he was just so confused. She, however, loved it. The second he left she went to me 'He's got a long term girlfriend, they've been going out like 5 years, sucks hey? Let's go to the dance floor'

I knew I'd won then.

Check and god-damn mate, buddy. But I kept it cool, I was still focussed. We danced and got close pretty quickly. I moved in for the kiss but she whispered into my ear "I don't want to kiss one of my friend's friend, I don't know if she'd be happy." By this point I was so sure I was about to kiss her that it didn't actually phase me. In my head I was just like, "say the most James-Bondish thing you can think of now and it'll be fine." So I did, I don't even remember what I said. We started making out. Much fun was had by all, well, mainly me.

Success hey?

No.

I was still an AFC at heart. I was faking it. I was pretending I was cool and suave but I wasn't cool and suave. I was still worried at heart, worried if she'd like me and what she thought of me. We organised a date but I blew it. I was nervous, and it clearly showed because it wasn't a great date. Not a bad one, but I could tell it didn't go ideal. We talked a few times on the phone after, but her overall interest level seemed a lot lower.

However, I was still fairly happy with the result. I spent more time reading and reading about what to do on dates and memorising more and more stuff about what I should be doing. Lame, lame, lame. I was being an AFC by reading this stuff. All of its a joke; completely useless.

OK, let's get to the real meat of this story.

It just clicked. Like that, in an instant, it just hit me like I'd been blind for the whole of my life and could finally see. I was watching a video on youtube of this dude doing street pickup. He just, made it seem so easy. It was ridiculous, he just went up and said he thought they were cute, chatted for about 30 seconds then got their number. It was incredible, but then it hit me.

Garand

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold up, I'm funny. I can hold a conversation. I can chat all day to my friends and can make them laugh, why the hell don't I do this to girls?!

Then I was born. The voice inside me disappeared in a flash, it's job complete. I became a DJ.

But wait, what? You became a DJ from thinking it?! Surely this is madness, you haven't even approached a girl yet! You've had no success!! How can you be so damn sure?!

I just knew. When you know, you'll know too. In an instant, I lost approach anxiety. Completely. There's not even a little bit of it now. I realised that in order to make girls like you, all you have to do is not care.

It's the easiest thing in the world. It was right in my face the whole time. My last bit of social insecurity evaporated, and I finally knew what it meant to be a DJ.

For the first time, approaching a girl was not a mountain I had to overcome. Chatting to a girl I liked was not as fear-inducing as being chased by a pack of wild hyenas. It was actually fun. All day I've just had fun, without a care in the world. Someone makes a joke at my expense? I laugh with them. Someone tries to ridicule me? I agree, exaggerate the joke and maybe poke fun at them too. A girl I like shows an obvious IOD? I smile, call them on it and have a laugh. I amuse myself. I just don't care, and that's all I have to do. Nothing else, no fancy routines, no DHVing, no looking for IOI's or analysing what it means if a girl does this and if a girl does that. I've done this for 24 hours, and the effect has been incredible.

Girls are very bright socially. They can smell this effect on you. All the time, you are being watched by them in how you act. They can tell from the subtlest things if you are this confident, and my god are they shocked when you are. I can see them, testing me, probing me to try and find some hint of insecurity or worry about my self-image.

And they can't find it. It drives them nuts. You must be self-conscious, how can you not?! You're no Brad Pitt, yesterday you were just a chump, how the hell can you do this?!.

All the time, I'm just thinking:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I'm having fun. I'm having a lot of fun with this, and I hope I've inspired you to as well if, like I was, you're trying to find the answer to girls somewhere on these boards. This is so, so easy. The old advice about how you have to 'just be yourself'?

It's not quite as AFCish as it sounds.

I hope you enjoyed the read. My eyes are open.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats welcome to our world lol feel free to get on the plane with me, Kontroller X and Victory Unlimited

And as an old friend of mine would say:

"Sarge On"

:up:

gtownjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
i really like this. "Just dont care". Just let it flow. I always had a vague picture of this but you just made it clear. All i need to do is relax, have fun and that all.

Thanks man.

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well done buddy. Had a similar experience recently and also started a thread I was that happy! Play on player..

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a similar "click" a little while ago and couldn't agree more.
Actually, I also wanted to start a thread about it, but you describe it nicely ;)

"say the most James-Bondish thing you can think of now and it'll be fine."
Damn I totally cracked up just now :crackup:

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your story is an inspiration for us AFCs (yes, I'll admit, I'm one). Thank you dude. A beer and a medal to you!

Garand

Don Juan
Reaction score
ItsOnNow said:
Well,I'm curious,how old are you,and when did you finally improve?
I'm 20 now and I'd say my improvement isn't 'final'; i've just discovered a new way of viewing the world that doesn't revolve around trying to 'impress' women but is more focused on keeping my own life on track first then having women as a nice addition to this life that I'm cultivating.

When you're in the right mindset everything else falls into place because of who you are, you become non-needy because you have other things to do that are important to you (also the new confidence I have with girls allows me to realise just how many potential options I have, so I'm never worrying too much about any one situation with a girl).

You become attractive because you're fun to be around, you become positive and happy and it reflects in other people. You become more popular because people enjoy being around you and also girls enjoy being around you too. I've definitely noticed myself being viewed as more 'alpha' recently - not because I'm trying to dominate a group or anything but because I'm just relaxed and out for a fun time without worrying about people's view of me.

Right now I'm just pushing the old boundaries I had and seeing where it takes me - the girl in the story? Well I've arranged another meeting with her (although unfortunately both of us are in a very busy period now work-wise, so all social interactions are taking a bit of a backstage for a month) and I'm just enjoying flirting with girls who I would have said were completely out of my league before (even more so than the girl in my story) but the fact I can get such good reactions out of them by just relaxing and having fun with them gives me great confidence for the future.

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Garand said:
I'm 20 now and I'd say my improvement isn't 'final'; i've just discovered a new way of viewing the world that doesn't revolve around trying to 'impress' women but is more focused on keeping my own life on track first then having women as a nice addition to this life that I'm cultivating.

When you're in the right mindset everything else falls into place because of who you are, you become non-needy because you have other things to do that are important to you (also the new confidence I have with girls allows me to realise just how many potential options I have, so I'm never worrying too much about any one situation with a girl).

You become attractive because you're fun to be around, you become positive and happy and it reflects in other people. You become more popular because people enjoy being around you and also girls enjoy being around you too. I've definitely noticed myself being viewed as more 'alpha' recently - not because I'm trying to dominate a group or anything but because I'm just relaxed and out for a fun time without worrying about people's view of me.

Right now I'm just pushing the old boundaries I had and seeing where it takes me - the girl in the story? Well I've arranged another meeting with her (although unfortunately both of us are in a very busy period now work-wise, so all social interactions are taking a bit of a backstage for a month) and I'm just enjoying flirting with girls who I would have said were completely out of my league before (even more so than the girl in my story) but the fact I can get such good reactions out of them by just relaxing and having fun with them gives me great confidence for the future.

I couldn't agree more with your viewpoint, however I often find myself going in and out of that "who cares" mentality. When I'm in it though, wow. It's like nothing can stop you! Sometimes I feel like I have to actually back down (say with a group of people) because I start to get girls who are already taken. But yeah, once I somehow or another slip out of the mentality, I get a little stuck. It's like having a Ferrari and then suddenly running out of petrol.

Garand

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've just read:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144294

and

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1407466

and both were very interesting to me. The actual change can feel really difficult to hold onto sometimes, it's so easy to slip back into old thoughts because of habit so now I'm just training myself to be self-disciplined.

Being a DJ is about having control over yourself, feeling emotions but not being dominated by them and this includes over both the negative (the AFC ways, defining yourself by other's validation) and the positive (control over your attraction). It's hard, really hard. Sometimes I'm totally on top of the world and sometimes I'm just sort of like "Am I really any different to before?".

I don't think there's a magic formula to it, I'm just making it my personal mission to master this mastery (ha!) and fully become the person I want to be. I think taking a step back from the "MUST GET GIRLS HOW DO I GET GIRLS I NEED THEIR VALIDATION" was a big step for me but only the first giant leap in a long journey towards becoming who I feel I truly am.

I don't know if anything will ever compare to the elation when I'm totally in the right mindset, you feel unstoppable, almost godlike.