Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

fear of flying

chevelle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the years, i have developed a fear of flying. The fear itself is pretty substantial, but it doesn't prohibit me from flying--it just makes me really uncomfortable and i dread the flight anticipation and flight itself.

I want to fly with ease, and not be fixated on the thought of something terrible is going to happen. I spend the whole flight anxiously awaiting bad news, and quite frankly i am tired of feeling this way. Turbulence has also given me very bad anxiety attacks, which are quite terrifying to have.

Do any of you know of any remedies i am not aware of? I have tried medication and even hypnosis, yet nothing seems to cure my phobia.

Any tips?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't care. Honest, it's the best way to conquer fear, when you don't care about it.

The damn planes are safe. That's it.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You think too much... you have bad "what if" scenarios going through your head... your situation is like a guy fearing rejecting so he doesn't approach or approaches in a nervous manner...

The thing about trying to be relax in a potentially disastrous situations is that thinking positive in that situation doesn't always hinder the negative from occurring (unless of course you believe in the "the secret" and "the law of attraction" and so can manipulate physical laws while riding on a pink unicorn) what you gotta do is "be ready" for whatever it is that can take place... you gotta be calm in both bad times and good times...

Now how do you condition yourself to be calm and functional in whatever the situation? First you don't try live in denial concerning the potential existence of worse case scenarios... you realize what needs to be done then you go and do it... when the plane is flying smoothly then things are going smoothly... you should take all that worry off of the smooth flight and put it on reality... if you want to have tense feelings about something then dissociates yourself from the smooth flight to something like say a crossword puzzle... then you'll be in a whole different stressed filled world... but a controllable one...

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Man, when the plane starts shaking, I get excited and get pumped up. Rawr! Gimme shakey planes!

-Why in all honestly can I never catch a seat next to a smokie? It's always fat hags or men. :mad:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to fly all the time and for some odd reasons i developed a fear in my early 20's.

Go pick up a book called : Flying without Fear -written by Duane Brown. In this book he outlines how to confront and cope with your fear's and explains to you pretty much everything you need to know. I still get a bit nervous flying from time to time but I manage to cope with it and have a comfortable flight thanks to the techniques written in this book.

Jason88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've flown all over the world and yet I just started developing a fear of flying. It happened a couple of years ago when I was flying into Italy. Everything was cool during the flight except for the landing. When we were landing the douche bag pilot landed it hard on the right side wheel. After a couple of seconds the left wheel came crashing down and many of the overhead compartments came crazing down with it.

after this happened everybody was in shock. Since then, flying has never really been the same for me.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats why i drink at the airport bar beforehand.

Jason88

Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
thats why i drink at the airport bar beforehand.
Me too:yes: It actually helps out a ton. If its a long flight make sure to follow up on board as well