Fear and Breathing

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is a little exercise to understand your fears and have them work for you instead of against you.

Hold your Breath for just a little while.

How did you feel? If you do it long enough you will feel the rush and panic like you would when you are about to approach. Usually that feeling will make you abort, but ... what if you didn't start breathing again? What would happen? Who was in control of your breathing?

You would pass out, and if held your breath longer you would die. You were in control weather or not you started to breath again.

My point here is this: That fear/rush helped you to breath again just like it could help you to approach that girl or group. You have to change your mindset of how to react. You are in control of your life. You choose to approach or not just like you choose to breath or not. That fear isn't there to stop you it is there to drive you.

Next time you are out Sarging take a deep breath and hold it, ask your self do you want to breathe again. Than exhale and before you inhale start walking to the girl you want to approach as you inhale realize you are in control. You control weather or not you live each time you take a breath of air. Now what is more important breathing or talking to a girl? If you can be in control of life or death, you can approach a person.

Use that fear to fight not for flight.

Breathe on, Sarge on!

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*bump*

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i read this somewhere.....

in a fear , normal breathing is the first thing that leaves the body..

i guess the same is true in an excited situation also...

contol your breathing.. you control yourself....

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THats a good way to look at it for real.
clever analogy bro

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nicenomore said:
i read this somewhere.....

in a fear , normal breathing is the first thing that leaves the body..

i guess the same is true in an excited situation also...

contol your breathing.. you control yourself....
Exactly! But also what I was saying is YOU make the choice to LIVE every second of the day... THAT takes some balls and control! How can something like talking to another person stop you?!!!

The other point was everyone feels that rush (fear) when approaching. Some guys let it stop them, or they can't think if they do approach and flop because of it. They let the rush (fear) take control. That is a mindset that they have to break. YOU control the fear it is easy! A lot easier than choosing to live or not every second (breathing). Feel the Rush, and use it! (*As the rush comes~Motorcycle* starts to play)

It is very powerful! You all know how powerful it is. It has lead to some damn lonely nights and some sore arm muscles...;) you know!

But if you can realize that you are in control of something so much bigger (breathing which is simple to you) than you can put that Rush (fear) in perspective slap it in the a$$ and get fired up!

SO yes Control your breathing, let your breathing be a powerful symbol of your control. Something so easy yet so important, and YOU CONTROL it. Take a deep breath let the rush come and use it as a spring board. Roast those tires get out there and Sarge!

Thanks DJVladdy and NiceNoMore!

Glad to help.

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zerocelcius said:
The other point was everyone feels that rush (fear) when approaching. Some guys let it stop them, or they can't think if they do approach and flop because of it. They let the rush (fear) take control. That is a mindset that they have to break. YOU control the fear it is easy! A lot easier than choosing to live or not every second (breathing). Feel the Rush, and use it! (*As the rush comes~Motorcycle* starts to play)

It is very powerful! You all know how powerful it is. It has lead to some damn lonely nights and some sore arm muscles...;) you know!

Thanks DJVladdy and NiceNoMore!
sure thing......

plus you realisethere's onl a small window of oppurtunit.. the make or break moment....

you either go in .. or get lost...

and its al due to that fear....

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea the 3 second rule. IF you can make the move using the 3 second rule great. YOU SHOULD!

This is really just an info bit. Read it, install it, and boot it up when you need a :kick: !

Use the 3 second rule, but when you do it take a deep breath make the decision and GO!

Good Point!

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:up:

PhatE1vis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Breath control is key to relieving anxiety, I agree.

But, you can't kill yourself by holding your breath. Breathing is controlled by your autonomic nervous system along with your conscious mind, which mean you can exert influence over it but never control it completely. If, in laymen's terms, your brain realizes that your effing things up, it takes over (you hold your breath too long, you pass out, start breathing normally again).

Rash

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't let it stop me ! but I cant help it I always have this feeling plus I have a low body fat so veins will pop from my arms ,forearms and forehead when I am talking with a girl for the first 10 seconds then everything go away