**************************
"I'm Morley Safer."
"I'm Harry Reasoner."
"I'm ........
"And I'm" -the guy whose answering machine it was-
"We're not home; leave a message."
He had taped the audio of the beginning of 60 minutes; it sounded very funny.
**********************
(Rod Serling imitation

You're dazed, bewildered, trapped in a world without time, where sound collides with color and shadows explode. You see a signpost up ahead -- this is no ordinary telephone answering device... You have reached, "The Twilight Phone".
************************
(woman taped off a "phone sex" service)
WOMAN : (seductively) Hi. I'm Linda. You know, it can be really lonely when you're a fashion model. Sometimes I just have to ...
YOU : (interupting) Oh cmon, Linda, give me the damn phone.. (then ask for a message)
***************************
(Very fast

Hi, this is 904-4344. If you want to leave a message, please wait for the tone. If you want to leave your name and number, please press pound, press 3, then dial your name, then press 6 and dial your number. If you want to leave your name and just a message, press star, press 6, ask for extension 4443, then leave your name and message. If you want to leave your number and the time you called, please press star twice, spin in a circle, press 1 twice, talk loud and BEEP
AAAAAA AAAhH yes that feels good. Yes just like that baby. Could you hold up a minute the phone is ringing. What do you want I'm busy right now and I'll probably be busy for the rest of my life so don't plan on me returning this call. Now back to my very soothing relaxing message. AAAAHH YES BABY JUST LIKE THAT>>>> A LITTLE HARDER.
As the drugs take hold, you feel you are losing your grip on reality. You begin to hallucinate. You see a telephone... The telephone is next to an answering machine... You hear a faint click and a light flashes on the answering machine... You hear a beep...
Bullwinkle: Hey, Rocky, somebody called while we weren't home. Watch me pull their message out of this machine!
Rocky: Again?
Bullwinkle: Nuthin' up my sleeve... PRESTO! (Sound of vicious dog barking, stops abruptly.)
Bullwinkle: Must have been a wrong number.
Rocky: Here's a chance for you to REALLY leave your message.
City Morgue, you kill 'em, we chill 'em; You stab 'em, we slab 'em!
FOXTROT-LIMA-ALPHA-SIERRA-HOTEL. KEY-DESTRUCT-SEQUENCE-NOW. THIS-TERMINAL-ALSO-ACCEPTS-VOICE-MESSAGES......
***** i like this one :
hello you have reached (your number)... if you have multiple personality disorder please press 1,2,3 and 4. If you are obsessive compulsive, please press 5 repeatedly. If you are paranoid, please stay on the line, we know who you are and why you are calling. If you have low self esteem, hang up, because nobody wants to talk to you anyway. If you would like to leave a message, please do so after the beep.
Lost In Translation