Favourite conversation starters

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your looking for "smooth lines" you are probably going to strike out.

your best bet it always to be genuine.

I am generally in two moods:

1. Just hit on the girl with no excuses or BS.
-you both know whats happening and what you want

2. Just chillin and feel like commenting on a situation.
-this is being 'natural' b/c you are not going for something like a 'number' or a '****', only being a normal person speaking your mind.

You can't work on being clever (IMO) you just are or you aren't use what you got and it will work out

khanboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been archives of posts based upon this theme. Guys from everywhere aim to find "The Opener." When in reality there isn't one, there are only "openers."

Anyway, if you still need ideas, here are the basic types:

1) Casual, usually something that is relaxed, and requires almost no thought by either party. This includes things such as "Hi!" "Hey" "Sup?" etc.

2) Exited freak, this is an opener that would require ordinary men to be hooked to a caffine drip to pull off (perhaps full of liquid courage if you like clubs). This includes things such as the infamous spin move, yelling, or just acting lame. lol. Is it obvious I'm not really for this one, hahaha.

3) I need something. This can be anything, an opinion, directions, a hand to hold, whatever. "Do you know where..." "I need ... (your opinion on)..."

4) I want you, plz talk to me. "You are beautiful (stop and talk with me plz), I just thought you should know that, do you know my boy named Ross Jeffries?" hehehe.

5) Situational, this are by far the easiest to master as you can be normal and pull them off. Just mention some thing about what is going on around you. Or, if you feel you need to ask a question in order for a human to talk to ya, do that.

6) Clothes, for some reason, some guys like to talk fashion upon seeing a chick, go ahead, it works.

7) Lucky seven, do some magic, BAM! "Pick a card, any card... Watch the coin disappear..."

Those are all the types I can think of, choose what you will, women will talk to you regardless. With that, I suggest 1 since it is so simple. However, if you feel you need some sort of question or comment, 5 is easy to master with no routines necessary.

Hey, How's it going?
khanboy

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PS flamed the hell outta this already but I'll post it again cos I stand by it!
-----------------------------
THE IDEA:

1) *You pretend you know them already*

then

2) You ask unique/quirky/interesting/funny/****y questions, or just statements... *out of the blue*

e.g. (pls use your imagination on these, I aint Chris Rock but you get the idea. its how you say stuff as well.)

"what do you think of my shoes? yeah they look expensive. but I found them in my garden."

"s**t im missing (some goofy show.) what am i doing out?"

"Can I have the address of your hairdresser? Looks like your mum knows what shes doing"

"sorry? how does my hair look from the back?" (c&f of course! its an innocent question she cant reject you... she has to respond, starting a convo)

"funny story. I just walked into (the name of the bar your in) and started talking to some girl. What was I thinking"

"hey look at (person, outfit, ANYTHING interesting)" - this makes your attention come together

"you've got a bit of... (point to her chin)... theres somethin... (keep pointing)... yes thats it, its gone. Phew I was embarassed talking to you"

"I dont normally talk to girls in red shoes/hoop earrings/black dresses (whatever theyre wearing). Its bad for my street cred."

ok ok! most of these are c&f so its all in how you say it.

but the important thing is you *PUT THEM AT EASE STRAIGHT AWAY* by pretending you know them already!

What youre doing is:

Totally *IGNORING* the fact your strangers.

*BYPASSING* the awkardness.

*BYPASSING* the stilted "whats your name"... "Where are you from" small talk that EVERY CHUMP uses.

Girls' barriers go straight up to this bs, cos theyve heard these things *A THOUSAND TIMES.*
-----------------

hope this helps

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While most of these may be funny/stupid, you're chances of them working are slim

Instead of looking for canned conversation starters, look to improve your own social skills

David D'angelo is a retard with the "Hi! Whats your name? are you single?"

The first thing that comes into a girls mind is :" He is asking me, can I hit on you?" ASKING PERMISSION

Secondly, if a girl likes your appearance, and is single, most anything you say will be OK with her

AMF has the right idea, but the wrong follow through

You need to be able to get comfortable with yourself to talk to a girl as if she is someone you already know

That doesnt mean, PRETEND you know who she is, that means just talk to her as if she is someone you have known for a while, when she senses that you arent nervous, she will think you are probably just an outgoing person who just talks to everybody

but if you still lack the imagination and creativity to looks for subtle conversation cues

this may help

Look for ANYTHING out of the ordinary, go up to her casually as if she is one of your friends, and point out what you see

Does she have a bracelet on? Go up and say "Hey, that is a cool bracelet, I ant to buy one for my sisters upcoming bday, where did you get it and how much was it?" then carry on

Are you in a bookstore? Carry a few magazines with you, and slightly brush up against her as if you are passing and drop all your magazines, she will help you pick them up and you can chat from there

In a club, "Now THAT is a cool looking shirt!" or if she is smoking "Hey , Ill give you a stick a gum for a cigarette?"

The key is to act natural, and friendly

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ManOMan
AMF has the right idea, but the wrong follow through

You need to be able to get comfortable with yourself to talk to a girl as if she is someone you already know

That doesnt mean, PRETEND you know who she is, that means just talk to her as if she is someone you have known for a while, when she senses that you arent nervous, she will think you are probably just an outgoing person who just talks to everybody

but if you still lack the imagination and creativity to looks for subtle conversation cues

this may help

Look for ANYTHING out of the ordinary, go up to her casually as if she is one of your friends, and point out what you see

Does she have a bracelet on? Go up and say "Hey, that is a cool bracelet, I ant to buy one for my sisters upcoming bday, where did you get it and how much was it?" then carry on

Are you in a bookstore? Carry a few magazines with you, and slightly brush up against her as if you are passing and drop all your magazines, she will help you pick them up and you can chat from there

In a club, "Now THAT is a cool looking shirt!" or if she is smoking "Hey , Ill give you a stick a gum for a cigarette?"

The key is to act natural, and friendly
No offense ManoMan, but you didnt add anything i didnt already

I didnt say to PRETEND you know the girl, I said to ACT as if you you've met before. What exactly did you say different?:confused:

Also, your line about the shirt is pretty lame dude. What, youre saying to act blown away by something the girls wearing?? Would that sound better on your knees?

khanboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG!!

What is with you guys and lines? Have you ever gone up to a chick without having something to say, only to discover you end up saying sh1t?

I'm not sure, maybe you guys want to be line masters, where you go up to chicks with a list of phrases, spew them, then wait for the legs to open wide. But I'm looking for the ability to talk to chicks everywhere as if it were totally second nature. How can you plan to develop such a skill when you spend all your time thinking of what to say?

Guys, just go up to chicks and say something casual. Have you ever tried "Sup?" That's it, "Sup?" It works. lol. Honestly. You do not need any special lines to converse with a woman. All you gotta do is walk up and spew some sh1t.

Free yourself from tactics and techniques, you'll feel much better and if you can relax with such a method, will most likely improve your success.

Casual, can you do it?
khanboy

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, AMF

I apologize if I misconstrued your post. If anything it was a compliment , not a diss.

The clothing comment:

it may sound lame to you, because all you may do is sit around thinking of clever things to say.

Everything I said has been field tested and successful (for me anyway)

How is saying "cool shirt" or an outfit "getting blown away"? and supplicating?

I have had men and women compliment me on a shirts, which eventally led to interesting conversations.

You obviously dont practice what you preach and sound like a true keyboard jockey to me.

the lines you spewed are not conversation starters, but something just regurgitated from this board and turned as tacky as can be, (if anything something ridiculous to say during an awkward silence) , give me a break:

"what do you think of my shoes? yeah they look expensive. but I found them in my garden."

"s**t im missing (some goofy show.) what am i doing out?"

"Can I have the address of your hairdresser? Looks like your mum knows what shes doing"

"sorry? how does my hair look from the back?" (c&f of course! its an innocent question she cant reject you... she has to respond, starting a convo)

"funny story. I just walked into (the name of the bar your in) and started talking to some girl. What was I thinking"

"hey look at (person, outfit, ANYTHING interesting)" - this makes your attention come together

yea, I can see a girl really wanting to carry on a conversation with you after these openers

What are you 16??

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i was drunk at a party in line for a keg to get more drunk when i saw a ug 5 standing next to me, to kill time i said "whats up beautiful" in a really deep voice and she got all excited "omg did you call me beautiful?!?" with a huge sh1t eating grin and i go "nah i didnt mean it" and laughed in her face

she was like "omg thats so mean" and i go "im just kidding, my name is juan" and i proceed to make up a story saying im from gutamala (i am obviously WHITE and from the USA) but she believed me (i threw some spanish out like, "como se dice caca") and surprise... she had a BF from Mexico

i then grabbed a friend and told her he was from Mexico and maybe he knows him.. he is obviously white too and i introduced him as "carlos" and he went right along with it and we proceeded to make sh1t up until her friends came up and said we were lying (my friend had messed around with the other girl 1 week ago) and we just laughed...

duno what she did b/c i just turned to her friend and said "youre ruining everything" and left my friend there

funny? no?

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that leads me to this line i made up

go up to a random girl and say "whats up sexy/beautiful/hotty" then before she says anything say "im just kidding i didnt mean it" she will be like "OMG, ur a jerk" and just laugh and say "hey im xxxx"

ive done it twice (countitn the above) and it worked well

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ManoMan,

You sya no diss intended, then you proceed to flame seven shades of ****

These kind of lines are only to open things up. The lines I posted HAVE ben field tested. Nearly everytime the chick laughs and we start chatting. I said to USE YOUR IMAGINATION too - these lines are just examples. I'm sure everyone can do better.

Id rather start with a joke rather than

"Now THATS a nice top! Thats right. either I plan to get on my knees and boost your huge ego some more, or Im probably gay and have an opinion on women's clothes."

LAME.

louis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, put those flamethrowers down boys ;)

Originally posted by khanboy
...You do not need any special lines to converse with a woman. All you gotta do is walk up and spew some sh1t...Free yourself from tactics and techniques, you'll feel much better and if you can relax with such a method, will most likely improve your success...
This reminds me of a discussion I had with a guy at a 'Lindy Hop' dance last night. We were admiring the freedom and confidence of some of the experienced male dancers.

I decided I would like to be free and natural on the dance floor, but that I need to be really confident with a set of moves before I can do this. In other words, as a relative beginner, I can't just walk out there and dance with the freedom and confidence that dancers with 15 years' experience have. I need to be more confident with my moves first.

I think the same applies to talking to women. Talking naturally to women (esp. to attractive women) doesn't just 'happen' for some reason. I think some thought and planning needs to go into it. I also think it's necessary to make a conscious move from 'planning' to 'implementation'.

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AMF, if it works for you , great, then just keep doing what your doing. And Ill keep doing what Im doing. fair enough?

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Horses for courses after all.:)