Fatal handicap?

kandyass

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just out of an LTR and determined to change my AFC behaviour. I have one question though and I'm pretty sure its going to sound weird but...I just don't like talking to people !

I don't talk much and find people who do kind of annoying.

So how the **** am i going to complete the DJ Bible?

:confused:

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trust me dude, i friggin used to HATE TALKING TO PEOPLE! I MEAN REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE TALKING TO PEOPLE. the only way i got over it was to..just do it. there were many times in the past where i had to force myself to say hi , when it came out more like -'HI!!!!' then they'd freak out and walk away from me..i have gotten a bit better at it. When you force yourself to just do it, it's seems like the most difficult thing and aggravaiting thing in the world- but the pay off is tremendous! once you get over this imagine how fun it would be to be able to talk to ANYONE,ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!

The bootcamp is an excellent start IMO because of it's structure. But for me personally , i made the absolute MOST progeress is when i made myself go out every single day and talk to as many people as i could. I went to the mall, and go into every store and ask a bunch of questions , i say hi to people , i ask for the time, i just talk to everyone basicly- sure you feel like a big fruit cake at first but in time, it's not so bad once you get used it..theres nothing to be afraid of anyways.The only reason why i was soo afraid of talking to people in the beggining was because i was afraid of coming across the wrong way..i realised..WHO FRIGGIN' CARES KOJACK!

and you don't have to like talking to people in order to do it, hell i can barley stand a girl outside the bedroom- but does that stop me? of course not! tampon wrappers all over the place, friggin stuffed animals in my car, love songs played onto my message machine..it comes with the territory- chicks are crazy!:crackup:

in other words, just do it! whatever it is you wanna do! now don't be an idiot and get yourself killed or anything...just do what you fear and the fear goes aways.Dude, were talking about talking to people...it's not like your gonna be their best friend or anything.:rolleyes: once you get over your fear of just talking to people, really hot girls in general- just imagine how good you're gonna be and that you have more kahoonas then 90% of the guys out there! but you gotta started somewhere, even if it means you gotta do it kicking and screaming all the way:D

kandyass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man that was great.

I didn't actually expect anyone to reply since it seemed like such a weird question. Very relieved to know I'm not some kind of mute freak.

I guess when I wrote the post I was more thinking along the lines of I don't like talking to people, not because I'm scared but because it just seems pointless a lot of the time. And if I do want to talk to someone its about something serious, not the fluff talk that you seem to have to indulge in to do the BootCamp, cold approaches etc...

But who am I trying to kid!? Of course I'm scared! I'd never walk up and just start talking to a HB9,...or even a 7!! :rolleyes:

And I guess if its the choice between not getting any action and talking crap, then I'll have to bite the bullet and talk fluff.

Maybe I need to rediscover an interest in people?

One other question if you can be bothered...do you find it doesn't really matter what you say in an approach, its more how you do it etc?

Thanks again.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
exactly- and the only way to become better at approaching is to approach. in time it'll flow like water. personaly , i really don't like interacting too much or fluff talk either- i am just not much of a talker, but if i just ask a bunch of questions and knod alot -people will chew your friggin ear off and leave the conversation like it was the best one they had all day..well it was, they were doing all the friggin talking!:crackup: