Fat loss while still getting stronger

RestoretheROAR84

Don Juan
Reaction score
So last semester I mostly concentrated on getting stronger and bulking up and while I've seen some great strength gains some unwanted fat has piled up in the process. I really didn't do that much cardio maybe once a week and the occasional pick-up game but I've gained 15 pounds and it is definitely not all muscles lol. I've heard that fatter people can lose weight and not have the fat loss affect strength gains. I was wondering if you guys could critique my new plan and give me some pointers. Basically I plan to split up the week into 3 lifting days and cardio on the other two. I've heard that cardio after lifting is very effective because your glycogen stores are mostly depleted after a hard lifting session and the body will turn to burning fat more quickly.. is that true and would it interfere with muscle gains? Here are my 3 lifting days:

Chest/shoulder/triceps
Bench
overhead press
dips
pec flys
skull crushers
(i tried incline bench but it felt really awkward, gonna try dumbells next chest day)

Back/biceps
Deadlift
t-bar row
lat pulldown (until I get strong enough to pull my own fat a$$ up lol)
shrugs
bicep curls

Legs
Squat
good mornings
calves
lunges

Diet-wise I'm cutting out sugar and fried crap of course, but should I still aim for 1g protein per lb bodyweight and if so about how many cals should I take in to still feed my muscles but still lose some weight (I'm a fattyer type guy 5'8 220lbs)? Any tips and critiques are very much appreciated thx guys.