Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fat accumulation...

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently started bulking. I have been gaining weight, but its not in muscle, its in fat.

It seems that the fat accumulates in my chest, and then moves to my stomach and is now accumulating around my crotch! Is this normal? I'm kinda concerned.

I'm still skinny, but now I'm getting a gut, and my dyck looks shorter since its now surrounded by fat.

Is this normal? Should I continue to bulk like I have been? Or should I stop, or cut back on carbs, or do cardio?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mr. Mystery

vinstyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Post your diet and workout routine and we might be able to help

GodOfThunder

Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason you gain fat in those places is because there is an accumulation ofA2 Estrogen receptors in those areas. What that means is you are developing female fat patterns. Don't worry this is very common with men. It is hard to get rid of Estrogen related fat but it can be done.

vinstyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
The reason you gain fat in those places is because there is an accumulation ofA2 Estrogen receptors in those areas. What that means is you are developing female fat patterns. Don't worry this is very common with men. It is hard to get rid of Estrogen related fat but it can be done.
Get a clue. This guys talking about the fat hes gaining while bulking (trying to put on muscle mass).

I dont know where you're from buddy but we sure dont have men with a "very common" problem of "female fat patterns" around here.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha... whoa... I'll try... not to laugh.

GodOfThunder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha okay gentlemen. Whatever you believe . But estrogen IS the female hormone, and a man gaining more fat than usual in his chest and lower abdominals is most certainly a female fat pattern. I'm sure the guys on this board are just Guru's. Hey buddy-If I take Cell Tech will I gain 20 pounds like Lee Priest. I joined this board to be a contributing member, and make a valid contribution, and this is how you act? **** you guys. I will just go back to all the REAL fitness forums. Good luck breaking 180 you scrawny sacks of ****.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a health forum, not a bodybuilding forum.

No need to get mad at us you "scrawny sacks of ****".

Guess what? I can kick your ass. :p

Neo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr Mystery, post up your diet and exercise routines.

Maybe you upped your calories too fast, lower them until you're maintaining your weight, then slowly up until you begin gaining again.

And another `rule` to follow is no carbs after 6

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excercise routine:

Monday
3x Squats, 3x DB Lounges, 3x Leg Curls

Tuesday
3x flatbench DB press, 3x 25* incline DB press, 3x flatbench DB flys, 3x 25* incline DB press

Wendsday
3x Deadlifts, alternating DB rows, 3x of bending over and pulling a Barbell to my chest (don't know name of excercise)

I'm only in week two of bulking, I was going to make thurday bicep, and friday tricep. But I was going to add those days next week, I wanted to give my body time to adjust to lifting again.

Diet
Wake up,
Protein Shake,
Tuna Bagel melt, or Pasta Anytime meal,
Workout,
Tuna Bagel melt, or Pasta Anytime meal,
Protein shake,
12 oz can of Tuna,
a bunch of peanut butter spooned out of jar,
6 eggs,
Protein shake

And usually somewhere in there I have a burgerking Chicken Club on Sourdough bread for lunch at work. I figured it had a bunch of carbs, protein and fat. I've eaten it almost everyday for the past two weeks.

This stuff is wierd guys, I was hoping to post this question and that everyone that has started bulking would say that its normal. The Estrogen thing Godofthunder was saying makes alittle sense, except that I took yesterday off from eating tons and woke up this morning and I am back to normal?? If its really hard to get rid off, that was pretty easy for me. I don't know where all the fat went, maybe to my legs?I was really tripping there for the last day or two, my nutsack even started to gain fat.

Its like while I was working out, fat would go to my chest and then slowly move down my body to my stomach and lower abdomen. I wasn't doing any ab workouts during this whole time, maybe that would have had a counter effect on all the fat acumulation in that area of my body?

I'm going to start bulking again next week, except I'm gonna do bis, tris, and abs also, and well see what happens then. Until then if any of you have any advice I'm all ears, I'd love for you all to fine tune my diet, and workout abit.

Thanks.

Mr. Mystery

Last edited:

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm 6'1 and my weight when I started was 140, got up to 154, and is currently 147 lbs.

Mr. Mystery

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh ****. I hope this doesn't happen to me. :)

*new*

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe you are eating too darn much..
read diesel's post

Neo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Mystery
Excercise routine:

Monday
3x Squats, 3x DB Lounges, 3x Leg Curls

Tuesday
3x flatbench DB press, 3x 25* incline DB press, 3x flatbench DB flys, 3x 25* incline DB press

Wendsday
3x Deadlifts, alternating DB rows, 3x of bending over and pulling a Barbell to my chest (don't know name of excercise)

I'm only in week two of bulking, I was going to make thurday bicep, and friday tricep. But I was going to add those days next week, I wanted to give my body time to adjust to lifting again.

Thanks.

Mr. Mystery
you're squatting, thats good, i hope your doing full squats, or at least below parallel.

You say you want to work abs, why not throw in zercher squats on leg day, along with stiff legged deadlifts, and drop lunges and leg curls.

you do 6 sets of incline db??
if its not a typo, drop it to 3 sets. You can add triceps to this day, so 3 sets flat bench (db or bb), 3 sets incline bench (db or bb), then 2 sets close grip bench, and 2 sets of skull crushers. Drop the flyes, they don't pack on mass.

Wednesday looks good, the exercise you mentioned is bent over barbell rows, add biceps to this day, so when you're done with back, do 2 sets of dumbell or barbell curls, then 2 sets of hammer curls.

You don't have any shoulder trap or forearm work, so maybe add a day for that: Friday (Shoulders traps and forearms)
3 sets standing dumbell military press
3 sets barbell shrugs
2 sets behind back barbell curls or farmer's walks

check bodybuilding.com or exrx.net for info on exercises, might post diet tips later

GodOfThunder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where fat accumulates has nothing to do with training. Its all diet.

Mikeman!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your diet is horrible..First of all ABSOLUTELY get rid of Burger King, if you bulk on fast food, you're going to gain a ton of fat along with your muscle, which is whats happening to you right now. Get rid of the pasta/bagels, replace with lower GI complex carbs: oatmeal/whole wheat bread. Also add some veggies, preferably fibrous.

Meal 1:
---------
Protein Shake
Oatmeal

Meal 2:
---------
Tuna
Veggies
WW Bread

Meal 3:
---------
Tuna
Veggies
WW Bread

Meal 4:
---------
Tuna
Veggies
2 tbsp PB
*don't just scoop PB out of a jar, REALLLL easy to overeat PB.
You NEED to measure this. Go and buy some measuring spoons. I hope you've been having natural peanut butter.*

Meal 5:
---------
8 egg whites(keep 2 yolks)
salsa
*you had WAY too many whole eggs before, was too much fat*

Meal 6:
---------
Protein Shake
1 tbsp flax oil
*flax oil will slow digestion of shake*

This is a general outline as I don't know your weight or BMR(maintanance calories)....I've also seperated your carbs and fat(carbs first 3 meals, fat last 3). This is a much better, cleaner bulk.

What you need to do for yourself is actually start counting calories/carbs/fat in your diet. If you're having problems with your diet, this is what you need to do to see where you're going wrong.

Find out your BMR: bodyweight x12. Eat around 500 calories over this number when bulking. As for what ratio of protein:carb:fat you want, that is up to you, you can do it several ways.... 50:30:20, 40:40:20 etc...

vinstyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Neo
you're squatting, thats good, i hope your doing full squats, or at least below parallel.
I wouldn't recommend going further than parallel, it takes too much stress off your legs and puts it on your lower back. Not a good idea.

Originally posted by Neo
You don't have any shoulder trap or forearm work, so maybe add a day for that: Friday (Shoulders traps and forearms)
3 sets standing dumbell military press
3 sets barbell shrugs
2 sets behind back barbell curls or farmer's walks
Dont do behind the back curls.. ever. They are pretty much pointless considering the damage you're doing to your rotator cuffs.

Neo some good advice but you didnt get it from Arnies encyclopedia did you? :D

The one thing missing is recovery, if you're going to go a full 5 days after not working out for a while you will burn out very fast. Listen to your body and make sure there's enough time for it to repair itself otherwise your workouts and progress will suffer.

Neo

Don Juan
Reaction score
vinstyle, nope not from arnie's books, i keep away from those.

As for squatting, imo one should go ass to grass, or at least a bit below parallel, the main reason i've had people tell me that its bad is cause they don't like how little weight they can full squat compared to their sissy above parallel squats.

And as for behind back curls, I can't see them as having any effect on rotator cuffs, and plus they're much safer than normal wrist curls which can and do mess up wrists.

btw the exercise that i'm talking about is here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exe...g+Palms-Up+Barbell+Behind+The+Back+Wrist+Curl

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn...I think this is a pretty easy one. You gain weight which isnt muscle, cause uve probably not been able to gain muscle yet or at least not much (as beginners overestimate the amount of muscle mass they can gain in a certain period of time...), but ure eating so much that u gain fat of course. Eating at Burger King's everyday is an absolute NO-NO!!!!!I eat there like once every 2 weeks lol but still shouldnt do it i guess..once a day is waay to much tho

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Mikeman! and Madgame's opinions the most. The point is this guy is 6'1" and around 150 lbs. That means he's pretty scrawny.

The main reasons why you're not getting great results are diet and the tight workout schedule. Your workout schedule is Mon, Tues, Wed, etc etc. Why isn't there a rest day? I suggest you use the search feature to look at how other people schedule their workout. For me, it's simply Upper Body on Monday, Lower Body and Back on Wednesday, and Arms and Calves on Friday.

One of the most neglected area of weight-training is proper rest. I don't think you're giving your body enough time to recuperate.

There's also too much fat in the diet. Trim it down, start counting your calories, and get back to us on your progress. Good luck.