Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

*fasting*

kmln

Reaction score
3 Months ago, in the DJ newsletter, there was an article on building confidence. One of these techniques was to fast for 30 days. I did some research on it and gave it a try. I fasted for 5 days and 21 hours. During those days, I dropped 10 pounds. I’ve fasted a few more times since then, but haven't broken my 5 day record!:(

I was obese, I’m no longer obese, I’m in the "over weight" category. (BMI Scale) I started at 215, by exercising and fasting I’ve gotten down to 175. All in the last 3 months!:)

I haven’t taken full advantage of what fasting can do for me because I don’t have the motivation to keep going. I’ve fasted for about 50% of the time. The other night I was reading about Gandhi and how he used fasting. It clicked in my head to fast with a purpose, because before I was just doing it to see results on the scale.

This crazy idea popped in my head to fast for all the AFC’s in the world, to provide inspiration and motivation to the recovering AFC, and to pay my Respects to the DJ’s. I’m promising to fast for 10 days. I feel it in me and can see myself extending my fast beyond that. I started on Monday 12am. I’ve gone one day so far. I will keep you guys updated on my progress.:cool:

I welcome you questions, concerns and support. No! I won’t die, and if you’re a fatass you’re capable of fasting up 2 2months.
:D

kmln

Reaction score
10 - 1.5 = 8.5

1.5 Days down....

im talking about: WATER ONLY!:cool:

No weenie, Juice fasting. lmao!

[look]aRhino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah... but imagine the amount of muscle you lose too! :(.

That certainly doesn't sound appetizing to me!

rhino

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats cool man. are you religious at all? ive tried fasting before for religious reasons but i always stop early, and im just gong for a day. i think jtll be easier once i move out and i dont have food cooked and ready for dinner and all that. 5 dyas is alot

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STOP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to stop doing this. I did this too and even though it helped me lose weight very quickly, it caused me some very severe health problems.

First of all, I was getting weak, dizzy and tired. I fainted a lot and I got to the point where I couldn't stand up out of my chair.

Secondly, I lost a lot of muscle mass.

Thirdly, because I lost weight so quickly I was left with stretchmarks and loose flabby skin (which is practically impossible to shift without surgery).

Fourth, my teeth started loosening, and after 3 months my hair started shedding and stopped growing. Apparently when you fast, your body closes down functions such as hair growth so it can keep your organs functioning.

Now I was lucky. Apparently fasting for long periods of time can cause major problems, including stomach ulcers (since there's nothing to neutralise the stomach acid), weak bones, deterioration of eyes, to name a few.

Please read up on the health problems and risks for your own sake.

I do, however, think that fasting for one day (two at the most) every month or two is a good practice because it helps limit your appetite. But if you're coping fine without food, why not just turn to a healthier, fat free diet?

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there are short term mental problems too. After so many days of fasting you start to get a buzz that feels very similar to being drunk and it can take upto a few days to "sober up".

kmln

Reaction score
2 Days n goin strong

hehe...
since ive began fasting ive been quicker. i actually snap my finger and get/stay on focus, fasting made my mind quicker.

as far as muscles go, i have not lost any strength, i still keep to my workout schedule and have gotten more strength. i will admit that u do get tired faster. but ive noticed it to level off, its not the same as it was at first.

im trying to be lean, not a fatass dude with big arms. im not afraid of "losing muscle mass" i dont undertand what that means. because you have to look at the weight charts and see where you are on the scale. that way you can tell what percentage of fat you have. the NATURAL way and most effective ay to fight obesity is to fast, to close ur mouth and stop eating! theres no need to buy pills and gadgets. i would only advise people to fast if they are or obese,want to detoxify the body and cure disease.
when youre fat, all that blubber in your belys isnt fat, its your intestines! theyr full of ****! and you need to get that crap out, once you do, your intestines will go back to their normal size. most people who have never fasted in their lives, will drop 10 pounds at least, because they have these toxins stored in them. fasting is the bodys mechanism for cleansing. ive noticed after 4-5 days, my piss came out all yellow even orange lookin, its my body getting rid of toxins. i have 2 days completed so far and looking forward to seeing those same effects. fasting cures, it has cured people from tumors, kidney stones and many more diseases. including stomach and intestinal problems. Once im down to my normal weight level, i will fast for detox purposes but not for weight loss. i have stretch marks already, and they actually come about because you get fat and stretch the skin! the only way to get rid of them and the flab is to "burn the fat" naturally! if u get a surgery, one moment ur at 300 pounds the next ur at 150, ur body is like wtf:confused: and has no time to change with you, the skin cant change its form. just say there was no food when you woke up 2moro. your body would use its reserves, its sillly to think that the body would burn up "muscle mass" and vital organs, that means you would be a blob of bones! toxins cause cancers! im not aware of tooth loosening or eye detoriation. i will look up info on that. i dont wanna lose my :D smile tho and ive had nightwares too! about me waking up with no teeth, and i would wake up frrom those bad dreams and look in the mirror and thank God my teeth were still intact.

i drink A LOT of water. and i havent had prolems with stomach acid.

im not religious, but if i was fating would be easier, it makes it a harder of an agreement to break, it keeps u motivated and determined and u know youre doing it for greater purposes.

i do advise ppl to examine themselves, if u have certain health problems please dont try, or do it with supervision.

therapeutic fasting is also very helpful to getting the body to rejuvenate certain systems in the body. although i know most techniques require at least five days of fasting before you can do them.

the downside i see to fasting is that u get stinky! cuz ur body is releasing toxins from anywhere it can so wen u sweat it can b really bad, but it will b "bad" comapred to ur normal sweat. i dont have smellin sweat but i easily noticed that fasting smell. its different for each indivdual but hey, ill rather be stinky for a few days then to be obese for many years. some ppl r lucky tohave bodies that never reach that point (obesity) and ill advise u to NEVEr reach that point because it blinds u, it makes u feel good, eatingmakes u feel good and u get sucked into a crappy world. one in which u know youre fat but u dont know ur fat.:confused:

kmln

Reaction score
Lol, excuse my typing errors.
How long did u fast for DirtHeart?
Jesus did it, lol and so did Buddha before reaching Nirvana.
I see ppl talk about skin problems, pimples, etc. Fasting will cure ur problem by removing toxins that are coming out thru ur skin.
Here are some interesting sites to look @:
http://www.fasting.com/ < info on fasting
http://www.hps-online.com/nsectionfast.htm < for cleansing methods.
Ive been to many sites and theres a lot of useful info out there, I don’t have any of these sites bookmarked anymore, but theres some giving examples of fasting, a man lost 55 pounds in 1 month of fasting, anothr man fasted for 45 days, and the most ive seen online is 65 days. I remember back in my school days, a few teachers mentioned that humans can go without food for a month, can go without water for one week and minutes without air.
Theres 2 things that determine our health, 1. What we breathe 2. What we eat/drink
Some ppl are healthy enough to fast and others are unhealthly healthy to fast. It’s a mind game, if u kno u cant do it, don’t try it.

kmln

Reaction score
ppl wanna make $$$ of fat peeps. thats why alternative medicine and holistic medicine isnt welcomed. theyll rather cut the fat out from u than to tell ur fatass to stop eating! besides why would u want to have fat removed from ur body without effort. there would be no physical strength gain to go along wit that body.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to do a one day fast using just water and some sugar, I hear it's meant to be a good way to flush out your system. I wont be making a habbit of it, infact, I've even set it up on a day where all I'll be doing is sitting around, resting, sleeping etc. I'd never train without any fuel in me.

You'll feel the effects soon, and it'll feel sorta weird... a good weird. Then you'll start getting really ill. So, if you wont listen to what someone else has already said in this thread, you may get some bad health from this.

Either way, it's your body. Good luck man :)

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes fasting is a good way to remove toxins and there is a while where you definitely feel healthier for it, lighter on your feet and VERY alert. I think in part this is due to the fact that less blood is used by your digestive system and so it supplies more to your brain, like an oxygen rush (like standing on your head). But after that point it's downhill.

The first time I fasted (I was inspired by Buddhism btw) I went 2 weeks. The first 3 days were hard, but after that I literally felt like I no longer needed food. It messed me up for a while, but I was so low about my weight problem and self-destructive I didn't care.

The second time I did it was last year and had to visit the doctor in order to get back to health. The scariest part for me was taking a shower and seeing clumps of hair in my hand. I looked in the mirror and noticed a nearly bald streak on the left side of my head. It has been a year and it has started growing back, but is still a lot thinner and more patchy than it used to be.

But what you have to keep in mind is that your body needs certain nutrients and vitamins to function. If you insist on fasting, you at least need some kind of supplement that will provide iron, protein, calcium and vitamins.

I also have to add that the first link you posted there is frightening. Have you seen the prices their asking for their "programmes"? And this is for fasting?

kmln

Reaction score
prices.. huh..
i dont buy no ****, i just look for info..
i believe ur word and i also know when to quit. thats why ive gone 4 days in and then i pull out to come back next week to do another 4. thats how ive been doing it since i 1st tried it, however im trying to break my record and go beyond what i have done. b smart bout ur **** always! this goes for me and for everyone. some ppl claim to fast for so long and in reality they juice fast which isnt the same as pure water fasting. ive looked at commercial bull**** also religious and scientfic ****. im down to bust these 10 days and thats my goal! Thnx for posting because i have never talked to anyone that has fasted, especially that long. all i kno is juice fasters, but no real authentic water only fasters.

kmln

Reaction score
Muslims that fast during ramadan fast only during the day.
Catholics fast during lent, on Fridays they dont eat meat.
Gandhi fasted for 21 days, and it ****ed up his health. maybe Buddha got his mind ****ed up due to fasting. Ur 2 weeks kicks ass. i doubt there are truly any real 30+ day fasters out there. because even the religious fasters have some weenie rules. i give u mad props tho on ur 2 weeks and thnx for sharing that info with us. at times i would think and be like dam, only if i didnt sucker in and eat i couldve stretched my record, but ur nature (body) will over take u wen u cant take it nomore, in ur case u had to go see the doc. mad respect. Peace

PS. ill b ona careful note. thnx

blabla

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anorexia has a "I can beat my body" "I have/crave control" attitude to it... and your exhibiting it.

And the reason why you dont hear of any 30 day fasters is becasue they are DEAD. The body cannot really survive with one whole month of no external food. When you fast, you change food sources, you don't stop "eating", the food source becomes your own body!

This religious fasting you hear about is only restricted to certain times of the day or one or two days max. People still get food in those cases, its just time shifted. (execpt those ascetic types in india)

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anorexia has a "I can beat my body" "I have/crave control" attitude to it... and your exhibiting it.
EXACTLY!! When I fasted this was the exact state of mind I was in! I'd lost my girlfriend and control of my life, so I turned my craving for control on myself. I admit, I also got a huge buzz from the fact that I was in control (or so I believed). I felt so proud and strong minded at the time too.

This is why anorexia is now considered a mental illness. Another side effect is that I was suffering from Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), so whenever I looked in the mirror I saw myself as fat (literally!)

The second time I did it and went to the doctors, he treated it like anorexia and had me go in to see him every two weeks until I started gaining weight.

The best thing you can do with your willpower is turn to a better diet. I mean, eat nutritious fat free food. You'll still lose the weight but you won't die or fvck yourself up in the process.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yall are stupid if yall are using fasting to loose weight....if is for religious reasons then is ok but to loose weight? thats the stupidest thing, and yea is called ANOREXIA, if youre "fasting to loose weight"

your body can go for long periods of time without food, maybe 15 days or a month, but while youre not eating, your body is basically eating your body.... it starts with muscle to get energy, once thats gone it takes all the fat, and basically every gram of lean mass you might have.....it will shut down systems of your body until basically your heart and lungs are the only things working.... you will have the slowest metabolism youll ever have

and when you finally eat something, your body will take every single milligram of fat it can possibly store....

coolerth4nyou

Reaction score
i dont' care what newsletter that was in, fasting is unhealthy. you need to consume food. you'll lose weight faster by fasting, but it will come back.... as fat!

read articles on "cutting". eat healthy low gi foods, anddo cardio. you'll lose weight, keep muscle, and be healthier.

TheRisingSon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Already been said, but don't fast (unless it is for a real reason, and lets face it, you are on this board, your pain would be laughable in most of the world). You will screw yourself. You will lose mainly water, muscle, and a bit o'fat. Not too effective. Don't be Jared.