Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Family Problem

crashdummy

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been reading here for quite a while, and recently decided to join to be able to post a thread/question. I need your help with a problem, which is not exactly related to seduction, but I think you can offer good advice.

My father is prone to bouts of anger. I understand that parents often argue, but he yells, and cannot seem to control his rage. When I was younger, he would throw and break things, and sometimes neighbors would notice, since the noise can easily be heard outside. He has never laid a hand on my mother, but he screams so loud standing right next to her, that I am always worried it could happen.

The reason they argue seems to be because my father is very forgetful; extremely forgetful. I don’t think it is the onset of Alzheimer’s disease, because he has been having this problem for quite a while. He forgets lots of things, even things like how my mother likes her eggs or her coffee. They have been married for over 18 years, so he should know these things by now. Aside from those things though, he does not spend much time to ask my mother how her day was, or spend time with her. I think the last time I saw them kiss was when I was 3 or 4.

Anyway, it is clear to me that my father has a problem dealing with stress. I am an only child, and it is difficult for me to try and get between them when they fight. It is embarrassing for me, his son who is much younger, to be telling him that he should calm down, etc. I have told my father to go see a doctor, but of course, I am younger, and he will not listen. He needs to see some sort of therapist.

Of course, as a result of my mother “wearing the pants” in the relationship, and my father always being so emotionally out of control, I grew up an AFC. I am recovering though, and at the moment am more concerned with ways that I could help my father.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, such as ways I could convince him to see a therapist or pyschologist.

Thank you,
Will

P.S. I have encouraged him to go to the gym with me, but it seems that it does not help to relieve his stress, and rather, it makes things worse at home.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crashdummy
I need your help with a problem, which is not exactly related to seduction, but I think you can offer good advice.
That's why we have different parts of the forum.

Moved to "Anything Else"...

cA^

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe try and get him to do activitys with you. Like you said you have tried to get him to come to gym with you, ask him again and tell him it'd mean something to you if he came with you down to the gym. Also other stuff around the house, i'm not sure if you live in a rural area like me or in the city, but there is plenty of things to do; go shooting with him, watch a soccer game with him on tv, walk the dog and take it swimming, teach him about games on the comp and play a network game against eachother.
Basically, try and get him to do things with you, and make him appriciate life and appriciate his own son and wife.

Goodluck and I hope it all works out for you :)

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tell your mother to take him to see a doctor, since he won't listen to you....

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VERY hard to give advice on this because my parents have been close enough to the brady bunch since i was young. a few big tiffs. but nothing that i'd complain about.

I don't think getting your mum to go to a doctor will help. I don't think there is any quick fix.

Perhaps he drinks alot? this can cause anger problems. My dad was always at his angriest when he was drinking the most.

My dad stopped drinking as much because he got a new job which demanded a cool head. He's a smart man, and he can control things like that.

So if it is drinking, perhaps getting him involved in fitness/healthy eating would be great, because that should cut his drinking ten fold.