Falling for friend

ConfusedEKC

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok heres the deal... I think I am falling for my best friend. She is a girl and I'm a guy.
I've never had any sexual feelings or anything towards her. We've been friends for 3 or 4 years. We've always been flirtaous with each other, we would always tell each other what we thought of the others new bf/gf (and we've been known to break up with our bf/gf based on what the other thinks). Now here's the prob. I think I am falling for her. I don't know what to do. I don't want to ruin our friendship, but I think I'd like to date her.
Do I just come out and tell her?
I took her to a very formal dinner the other night, and we both had a blast... probably the best time I've had in a long time.
and why do I have feelings all of a sudden for the girl, that I've always thought of as my sister?
Please help me!

She lives about 4 hours from me, since she recently moved, so I don't get to see her as much as I used to. But we still try to see each other twice a month or so, and she normally calls me (I hardly ever call her...)
We do a lot of things that I believe aren't typical of a friendship relationship however. He cuddle alot, we sometimes sleep in the same bed, we hold hands, and are very VERY flirtaous most of the time.

So what do I do?

Edit: Just thought I'd add that the whole 'brother/sister relationship' is more of my thoughts than hers. I'm really confused as to what she thinks about it.

Do you guys believe its possible to get out of the Friend Zone?

UnexpectedTeen

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude! you dont date yourBestfriend?
there are only 2 choices:
1)dont make her your gf, continue the best friend thingy
2)make her your gf(and risk you 3/4yrs of friendship).

yes it is possible to to get out of tis dreaded zone BUT it is very hard. you have to face the fact.

since you meet less often, she will miss you more.
since it was her "job" to call you often, do the reverse, call her SOMETIMES.

Calling her is for asking dates not to spill your hearts out like you used to do.

TO GET OUT OF ZONE:
NEVER SAY YOU LIKE HER!
when she calls, shorten the length to a max of 5-10 mins. ask her to talk face to face. go to some where in between the travel dist. of your homes.

since you are bestfriends, i assume that both of you touch each other often. use more sensual touching. the thing here is SENSUAL not SEXUAL

if she ever confronts you of your "strange" behavour towards lately, say that you notice that she became attractive lately or some thing else, remember to send mixed-signals back to her.

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it would be better just to be Fvckbuddies! Then you could still be bestfriends!

darkmenace

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude this is not a Friends Zone. Yes they are friends, but it is not the dreaded friends zone. If they were in the friends zone, there would be no cuddling or hand holding stuff.

hey confused, you have it great here. Relationships that start off as a good friendship are usually always good. From what your saying, it seems that she's ready to take it to the next level, (very good)

So heres what i suggest (i been in the same situation before, almost the same, but we decided to be friends with benefits)

I suggest u just talk with her, and kinda bring up the topic of dating each other. But since shes more interested than you, you got it easier. So whatever you want, usually start off the LTR relationship slowly, dont just jump right into it, if u want it to last.

so good luck